Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage

Go down 
+3
martinsane
MetallicSeminarian
mlotek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Empty
PostSubject: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

This must be some really great "black metal".  lol!

http://thehardtimes.net/2015/01/14/deafheaven-bassist-falls-asleep-onstage/
January 14, 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — Deafheaven’s bassist, Stephen Clark, was lulled to sleep in the middle of his band’s Red Bull Sound Select show in Portland last night. Some might think this would be cause for teasing, but critics are already raving that Clark slept through Deafheaven’s ambient shoegaze black-metal bullshit perfectly.

“It was a flawless performance. Just absolutely flawless. These guys are creating a new genre,” one critic wrote on his Pitchfork worship blog. “When he started snoring I knew I was witnessing the best set of the year.”

And he wasn’t the only critic out there who enjoyed the set.

“They are just so dark. I’ve never seen anything like it. I can’t even wrap my head around how they get so dark,” another critic wrote before concluding that the band must put something in their wash.

Clark explained his predicament to reporters outside the show.

“I was standing there, laying down the bass line for ‘Vertigo’ when I felt this warm calmness wash over my body. It was like I was all wrapped up in one of our signature Deafheaven Blankets©️, being gently rocked from side to side,” he said. “It was so cozy that I thought I’d just close my eyes for a second.”

The next thing Clark remembers is Deafheaven guitarist Kerry McCoy kicking him in the ass and yelling “this isn’t f*cking funny” while the band attempted to finish the song. “I was tired, too, but I would never fall asleep on stage,” said McCoy. “This isn’t a f*cking joke. Everyone was laughing. It’s not a joke. It’s not f*cking funny. We’re creating a new genre.”

Deafheaven is no stranger to controversy. After cancelling a tour due to lost luggage containing all of their black clothes, the band had their rider leaked to the public with it stating that each band member requires three lint rollers before taking the stage. A picture of the vocalist, George Clarke, also went viral several months ago when he too was accused of falling asleep mid-performance.

deafheaven-10

The Hard Times reached out to the Deafheaven vocalist for comment but his response was too low in the mix for us to understand.

Words by Josh Fernandez. Photos by Lukas Hodge.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Their music has the same effect on me. Sleep
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm

That is hysterical. You know your band sucks when their music puts you to sleep... then again most folks would call that a "Heroin Nod".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 am

I think that's a "fake news" site, like The Onion. Go to the main page and look at some of the other jokey headlines...

http://thehardtimes.net/

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think that's a "fake news" site, like The Onion. Go to the main page and look at some of the other jokey headlines...

http://thehardtimes.net/

I suspected as much, but I'll take any chance to insult Deafheaven.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:57 pm

HAHAHA! This is pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 pm

To be honest, the only bit that made me laugh was

The Hard Times reached out to the Deafheaven vocalist for comment but his response was too low in the mix for us to understand. wrote:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Ya know, it's actually almost possible.

I've worked with a guy who has narcolepsy.  One time he was giving a presentation to the team and drawing diagrams on a white board.  In the middle of it his voice started getting softer and softer and his drawing became a jagged downward line.  Suddenly he was asleep for about 5 seconds before snapping out of it.  I'd never seen anything like it. 

Of course being able to nod off and keep playing bass is a different matter.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ya know, it's actually almost possible.

I've worked with a guy who has narcolepsy.  One time he was giving a presentation to the team and drawing diagrams on a white board.  In the middle of it his voice started getting softer and softer and his drawing became a jagged downward line.  Suddenly he was asleep for about 5 seconds before snapping out of it.  I'd never seen anything like it. 

Of course being able to nod off and keep playing bass is a different matter.

sleepwalking is real, right? I used to do that.
I fell asleep scratching my nose, and I did not stop when asleep for 15 minutes, so anything is possible.

maybe it is a site parodying the news.
"Respected" daily newspapers don't give the whole truth either (and keep losing readers).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage   Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deafheaven Bassist Falls Asleep Onstage
Page 1 of 1