Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
metalken
bass63
Eyesore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Sometimes I love the Internet.

How cool is that? This song was only a rumor back in the day.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Their first two albums are classic's    headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Pretty nifty. Sounds odd to these ears as I am so used to Let It Go, but I could really see how this could have easily been on the first record in this version.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 pm

I like all their albums with Steve Clark.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Leps were a force to reckon with, and as much as the purists hate to admit, definitely one of the best NWOBHM bands for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Great riff...... I like the vocal melody on "Let It Go" better. Still kewl to hear this, thanks Ken !

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm

nice... Im actually looking forward to the new live album especially for the more rare songs. looks good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
nice... Im actually looking forward to the new live album especially for the more rare songs. looks good.
That thing's gonna so much studio wizardry on it, it'll be a stretch calling it live. Haha.

Anyway, here's another rare song:

This comes from their 1980 appearance at the Reading Festival. I've had the BBC bootleg of this one for decades now and this song is not part of it. Until recently, I never knew it existed. It was never listed as one of the rumored unreleased songs.

Standard kind of tune, but I'd love to hear a proper recording.

Also from that BBC recording of the Reading Festival show is this one:

A much better-sounding recording. Too bad the BBC has never aired the full set, if they even recorded the whole thing, that is. You'll recognize this early version of a classic song, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 pm

And from the same show, if you're interested, early, less refined versions of "Me & My Wine" and "Lady Strange":

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm

bass63 wrote:
Their first two albums are classic's    headbanger

First three are. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls   Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard - When The Rain Falls
Page 1 of 1