Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Release Tuesday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Release Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Does anyone know why Tuesday has become the designated day of the week for most music and dvd releases? I'm just curious. Why not Monday or Friday? Why Tuesday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 12:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does anyone know why Tuesday has become the designated day of the week for most music and dvd releases? I'm just curious. Why not Monday or Friday? Why Tuesday?
No idea. It's Monday in Europe.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:23 pm

That's interesting... I never thought of it when releasing my releases. From now on I think I too will designate an unified release day for Stormspell Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:33 pm

i've noticed this as well but, never cared to ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:59 am

Might have to do with shipping, but I know they want a standardized on shelf date so that no one store has a distinct advantage over another if they were to say get there shipment a week earlier than another store. Some stores put stuff out but can get in big trouble for that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:07 pm

firestar wrote:
Might have to do with shipping, but I know they want a standardized on shelf date so that no one store has a distinct advantage over another if they were to say get there shipment a week earlier than another store. Some stores put stuff out but can get in big trouble for that.

That makes sense. I can see that reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Release Tuesday   New Release Tuesday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Release Tuesday
Page 1 of 1