Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Big Four DVD/CD Release

Go down 
+4
manny
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Big Four DVD/CD Release Empty
PostSubject: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Darned if I could find the orginal thread, so I started a new one. Sue me. More info has been posted about this monumental performance...

Quote :

‘The DVD hits the streets on October 15 in Northern Europe, October 18 in most of the rest of the world, October 19 in North America and the full shows from all four bands will be included in the two-disc set along with behind-the-scenes and interview footage.

In addition to the two-DVD set and the corresponding Blu-ray, there will be a limited-edition ’super deluxe’ box set including the DVD set, five CDs with ALL the music, a 24-page booklet, a poster, photos of each band, and a ‘Big Four’ guitar pick.’

The official title of the DVD is The Big Four: Live From Sofia, Bulgaria . It was filmed at the Sonisphere Festival on June 22. The title gives away the location.

I'd personally prefer a cd-only release, although this sounds pretty nifty.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

I don't know I think I'm liking that box set thing. Sounds kind of interesting. Lately I've been big with the collecting the "extra" things. That could change though on the release. Either way I'm getting this. I missed it in the theater and the dvd has the whole performance of each band which wasn't shown in the Theaters so I'm glad I didn't go.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:42 pm

That box set sound great, 5 cds. Cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm a married man with little kiddies. The chances of me sitting down to watch 6 hours of concert footage properly (ie in the living room on the big screen with surround sound) are slim and none. And 'slim' just got booted from the band and is on a Greyhound bus heading back to LA.

However, put that on a cd that I can listen to in the car, at work or on the mp3 player, now you're talking.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm a married man with little kiddies. The chances of me sitting down to watch 6 hours of concert footage properly (ie in the living room on the big screen with surround sound) are slim and none. And 'slim' just got booted from the band and is on a Greyhound bus heading back to LA.

However, put that on a cd that I can listen to in the car, at work or on the mp3 player, now you're talking.

LoL! I'm almost the same way except I'm not married nor do I have kiddies. I just don't think I have the attention span for it. I have tons of music dvds that I haven't even watched or just skipped through. One day I'll be able to just sit and watch them for the hell of it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 pm

That is one thing I can watch is a concert DVD, the chances me watching a movie with a plot I can actually get lost in is zip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Man, how much is this going to cost?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

4 easy payments of $500

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Hmmm, hey, can I borrow you credit card?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Yea actually I was going to purchase one for everyone on Heart Of Metal. You know because I'm Rollin' in dough. BLING! BLING! lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Track listings released:

METALLICA

1) Creeping Death

2) Fuel

3) For Whom The Bell Tolls

4) Harvest Of Sorrow

5) Fade To Black

6) That Was Just Your Life

7) Cyanide

Cool Sad But True

9) Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

10) All Nightmare Long

11) One

12) Master Of Puppets

13) Blackend

14) Nothing Else Matters

15) Enter Sandman

16) Am I Evil? (with all four bands together)

17) Hit The Lights

18) Seek & Destroy

SLAYER

1) World Painted Blood

2) Jihad

3) War Ensemble

4) Hate Worldwide

5) Seasons In The Abyss

6) Angel Of Death

7) Beauty Through Order

Cool Discipline

9) Mandatory Suicide

10) Chemical warfare

11) South Of Heaven

12) Raining Blood

MEGADETH

1) Holy Wars…The Punishment Due

2) Hangar 18

3) Wake Up Dead

4) Head Crusher

5) In My Darkest Hour

6) Skin O’ My Teeth

7) A Tout Le Monde

Cool Hook In Mouth

9) Trust

10) Sweating Bullets

11) Symphony Of Destruction

12) Peace Sells/Holy Wars reprise

ANTHRAX

1) Caught In A Mosh

2) Got The Time

3) Madhouse

4) Be All, End All

5) Antisocial

6) Indians/Heaven And Hell

7) Medusa

Cool Only

9) Metal Thrashing Mad

10) I Am The Law

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Maybe I can get this for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Why are people knocking the DVD? Very Happy I'd rather see this historic moment than only listen to it! That Diamond Head jam on there is worth the price of admission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Why does Metallica get so many songs? I'd trade in some of those for more 'deth.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 pm

It would be a week late, but my wife can get this for me for our anniversary. The big box set that is. I want the DVD and the 5 cds. That should keep me busy for a while!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Why does Metallica get so many songs? I'd trade in some of those for more 'deth.

We all would, but they were the headliners.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Looks like the box is going to be $100. Looks like I'll just be getting the regular version I'll just take the audio from the dvd and make mp3s.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 am

4 groups, 5 discs. I guess maybe the Metallica set will be split onto 2 discs? 'Seek & Destroy' can go on for 25+ minutes when James lets the crowd sing.

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am

$100? Anyone need any body parts? I could probably let a kidney and some intestine go.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

The Big Four DVD/CD Release Big4front

Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 pm

I have the same trouble with watching DVDs. Can't find enough time alone to enjoy it all, plus a shorter attention span.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Four DVD/CD Release   The Big Four DVD/CD Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Four DVD/CD Release
Page 1 of 1