Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
exact33
assault_attack
Dark Horseman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Empty
PostSubject: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Roland Grapow is the biggest name. There's a song at the bottom to check out, sounds better then the Project Arcadia album Urban recently put out. http://dangerdog.com/2015-music-reviews/serious-black-as-daylight-breaks.php#.VLFhytLF-So
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 3:17 pm

I will differently pick this up..

I was worried that the vocals would be buried in the mix, But sounds good here. Roland Grapow wrecked for me Masterplan because of this. Why have Jorn or Mike DiMeo sing in your band if you can't hear them? I did not pick up there last cd.

Rant over, Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Good point. The first two weren't as bad but then with DiMeo it was awful though I still like the album. I wanted to like Novum Initium with Altzi but it never clicked.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:40 pm

the first Masterplan is awesome. So is the first bloodbound.

assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
the first Masterplan is awesome. So is the first bloodbound.

agree 100%
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:41 pm

I don't think Bloodbound has ever come close to their album with Breed on Vox.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think Bloodbound has ever come close to their album with Breed on Vox.  

yep. that is one of those "once in a lifetime" albums.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks for this! Love Masterplan and early Bloodbound.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:43 pm

assault_attack wrote:

I was worried that the vocals would be buried in the mix, But sounds good here.  Roland Grapow wrecked for me  Masterplan  because of this. Why have Jorn or Mike DiMeo sing in your band if you can't hear them? I did not pick up there last cd.

Rant over, Smile

surprised

Can't say that I've experienced that with any Masterplan album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 pm

By the way...

New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. 14092bb85e09206afc3868577bee8990bf4ab771f65793068e0287ff2812a638
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 12:42 am

I wish Breed had stayed with Tad Morose, those are my favorite albums with him They suck without him too, imo.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
assault_attack wrote:

I was worried that the vocals would be buried in the mix, But sounds good here.  Roland Grapow wrecked for me  Masterplan  because of this. Why have Jorn or Mike DiMeo sing in your band if you can't hear them? I did not pick up there last cd.

Rant over, Smile

surprised

Can't say that I've experienced that with any Masterplan album.

That is just my opinion, But it seemed obvious to me from MKII on.

I think the 1st cd is perfect! I also bought the version that had a couple of different tracks on it. Bought the two e.p's & then Aeronautics, Love all of them. I thought they were going to be a huge success. Then Jorn was gone.

MKII came out & it seemed to me the vocals were low in the mix. I felt the same way about Time To Be King. Jorn re-recorded Time To Be King on a solo cd. Might give it a listen and see if there is a noticeable difference.

It has been a few years I will listen to MKII again & see if my opinion changes, Hope so.

Also for me losing Drummer Uli Kusch hurt the band.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Album is out, go listen and buy.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Looks like a good day for new cd's with killer singers.. Level 10 w/ Russel Allen, Swing of death w/Jorn & Serious Black w/Urban.. Time to buy...........

np Masterplan - Time To Be king

Last edited by assault_attack on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm curious about Swing of Death.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Serious Black not out here until the 27th......... Sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:07 am

The Serious Black stuff is really good...

I loved Urban in Tad Morose...especially when they still had a prominent keyboard player. 'A Mended Rhyme' is a brilliant album!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I wish Breed had stayed with Tad Morose, those are my favorite albums with him They suck without him too, imo.

I agree with you on Breed staying with them but I like their last album.Have you heard it DH?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:34 am

I've listened a few times, wanted to like it but the singer, imo, isn't a good fit. He struggles on the high notes and ends up shrieking too much. If he'd stay in the lower register it'd be better. Too much to strive for, following Urban.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Been listening to this on Youtube...uhh...yes! This is right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:39 pm

I knew you'd like it Scott.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 5:34 am

New song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TiBaQRA0g
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 5:40 pm

I will buy this! Ordering now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.   New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New "supergroup" with Urban Breed and Roland Grapow.
Page 1 of 1