Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Urban breed - Moves on again

Go down 
+5
nevermore
James B.
tohostudios
Gilbert
assault_attack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Urban breed - Moves on again Empty
PostSubject: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Looks like Urban breed has left Serious Black after 4 cd's..   I hope he does something a bit heavier or more inline with Tad Morose or Bloodbound. great singer imho

Urban breed
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Great singer indeed. Loved his work with Bloodbound and Tad Morose.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 10:38 pm

He's definitely the best singer Bloodbound has had; there's just something unique about the tone of his voice. I didn't really care for his work with Tad Morose but that had more to do with their musical style than anything about Breed's voice. I will definitely check out whatever he does next.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 pm

The current Bloodbound singer is also very good imo.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 12:39 am

Who?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 1:42 am

I got to see Serious Black at Prog Power in 2016. Didn't care for them at all. I don't mind his work in Tad Morose. But I only have 2 cds with he sang on. Other than that I'm not familiar with his other work.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 am

I only have Tad Morose's Matters Of The Dark and have to say he's an excellent vocalist. I'll have to check into more of his output.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 12:22 am

Love his vocals! Those releases from Bloodbound and Tad Morose he sang on are their best.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 3:08 pm

I only have the first Serious Black album, and that one is simply amazing. And what a lineup - Roland Grapow and Thomen Stauch! A heavy metal supergroup.

I've seen Tad Morose live with Breed, but never bought or listened to any of their records.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:09 pm

I had a feeling this was bound to happen. The last time I talked to him was around when the last serious black album came out. He was pretty pissed off that he really didn’t have much input on the last album. And it seemed to be less and less each album. I actually told him the best song on the whole thing was the last track and even vocally. He said yes cause that was his song and it had a personal meaning. I did an interview with the serious black bassist and he was giving me a little tour of his studio and Urban was sitting there. We said hi by I could tell he wasn’t in a very good mood especially since the talk we had the night before. He’s been working on a solo album so hopefully it comes out at some point. He’s a cool guy but he’s like the riddler. Everything he writes on Facebook you really have to think about what the hell is he talking about haha

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:31 pm

I only own the first two Serious Black albums on cd, and he sounds great on both.

Haven't checked out any of their later material yet.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I only own the first two Serious Black albums on cd, and he sounds great on both.

they have 4 albums and one they are in the middle of working on. Only one I haven't bought yet was Suit 226.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 5:01 pm

A Handful of Wayne wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

they have 4 albums and one they are in the middle of working on. Only one I haven't bought yet was Suit 226.

I will be adding some to my want list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban breed - Moves on again   Urban breed - Moves on again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban breed - Moves on again
Page 1 of 1