Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Return To Forever

Go down 
+25
nevermore
springozzy
ResedaCountryClub
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Boris2008
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
exact33
mr.electric39
tohostudios
martinsane
manny
thejokeriv
glassprison
Troublezone
kethdredd
Eyesore
Gilbert
mc666
brokentulsa
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 am

Queensryche has been confirmed for the opening act on the upcoming North American Scorpions tour. More dates to be announced...

Sep. 10 - Blue Hills Bank Pavilion - Boston, MA
Sep. 12 - Barclays Center - Brooklyn, NY
Sep. 13 - Meadowbrook - Gilford, NH
Sep. 18 - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre - Toronto, ON
Sep. 19 - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC
Sep. 22 - LC Pavilion - Columbus, OH
Sep. 23 - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica - Cleveland, OH
Sep. 25 - Caesar’s Windsor - Windsor, ON
Sep. 26 - Allstate Arena - Chicago, IL
Oct. 01 - SAP Center - San Jose, CA
Oct. 03 - The Forum - Los Angeles, CA

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 am

Hope they end up in my area. As it stands , Cleveland and Columbus would be the 2 closest venues.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Hoping for something closer to me too
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Hoping for something closer to me too

Same here.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

Excellent, I'll be at the Chicago show! I'm surprised by the venue choice. In 2010 they played a much smaller amphitheater with Ratt and even that didn't seem close to sold out. I can't imagine them doing well in an arena in 2015.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Is there an official US release of this album..I am only finding it on Amazon .... my local record stores dont even have it on their release schedules or in store..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 4:26 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Is there an official US release of this album..I am only finding it on Amazon .... my local record stores dont even have it on their release schedules or in store..

I thought it was out already, but checking the Best Buy website, they're saying April 2nd.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Unbelievably I got my hands on a copy of this...so I have given it a good listen several times and I regret to say it is so far my vote for the worst album I have bought in along time...3/4 of this album is modern ballads and I only hear one song that could have come from an older album...really really disappointed..
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

I've heard it, it's decent, but not as good as Sting in the Tail. Some of the riffs sounds like left overs from the early 80's, but with "modern production"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:21 pm

I picked this up the other night in a store and then put it back down when I saw the price tag. $25.99 for the regular edition is way too much money.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 pm

I think it's a great album headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

I thought it was out already, but checking the Best Buy website, they're saying April 2nd.

Same thing happened with Humanity Hour I - it was out in Europe/the rest of the world at least a month before the U.S.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:22 am

Not sure why the North American release is being pushed to September 11th when it's been out for awhile now everywhere else, but you get some bonus tracks if you wait it out...

"Return To Forever" North American edition track listing:

01. Going Out With A Bang
02. We Built This House
03. Rock My Car
04. House Of Cards
05. All For One
06. Rock 'N' Roll Band
07. Catch Your Luck And Play
08. Rollin' Home
09. Hard Rockin' The Place
10. Eye Of The Storm
11. The Scratch
12. Gypsy Life
13. The World We Used to Know
14. Dancing With The Moonlight
15. When The Truth Is A Lie
16. Who We Are
17. Crazy Ride (exclusive)
18. One And One Is Three (exclusive)
19. Delirious (exclusive)

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:24 am

Nice!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:29 am

It's got all seven bonus tracks from all the editions, which is awesome. Better for me since I haven't bought the album yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

It's about damn time! Sheesh.

Quote :
Not sure why the North American release is being pushed to September 11th when it's been out for awhile now everywhere else

Because the suits at their U.S. label probably didn't even know they had an album out.

"Wait... the Scorpions are still a thing? And they're on our label roster? Really? No sh*t. Well, I guess we should put it out, huh??"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:26 pm

I would venture that Scorpions record sales at this juncture don't exactly have labels beating down their doors for the rights to release their albums in the states.  *I'm in no way commenting on the quality of their music, just the commercial potential.*
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
I would venture that Scorpions record sales at this juncture don't exactly have labels beating down their doors for the rights to release their albums in the states.  *I'm in no way commenting on the quality of their music, just the commercial potential.*

I would agree.... as for the quality, not as good as Sting In the Tail
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 pm

I have to say that I am in the disappointed category with this one and I thought Sting was a letdown too. I really feel like there's something holding the last 2 albums back. I can't really explain it. The songs are good and well crafted, but they just seem sorta bland...like it's the Scorpions on auto pilot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Return To Forever
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3