Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Return To Forever

Go down 
+25
nevermore
springozzy
ResedaCountryClub
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Boris2008
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
exact33
mr.electric39
tohostudios
martinsane
manny
thejokeriv
glassprison
Troublezone
kethdredd
Eyesore
Gilbert
mc666
brokentulsa
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:21 am

I'm pretty much a greatest hits fan of the Scorps but this sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:06 pm

I ordered my copy. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Sample the entire album!

https://www.facebook.com/Scorpions/app_1374262189556939

Sounds really good. Definitely the most old-school-sounding album they've done in a long long time.

Sounds good enough. Doesn't really sound 'old school' to me. Sort of mellow compared to their classic 80's material, but not bad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 3:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Sample the entire album!

https://www.facebook.com/Scorpions/app_1374262189556939

Sounds really good. Definitely the most old-school-sounding album they've done in a long long time.

Sounds good enough. Doesn't really sound 'old school' to me. Sort of mellow compared to their classic 80's material, but not bad.

Definitely not old school, but to me the samples sound more late 80s/early 90s than anything they've done in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I think that there are some early '80s elements in the new stuff.

and yes, it's not cutting edge completely original stuff, so what, they have been together for 50 f*%king years!

I haven't listened to them in decades but Klaus still has one of the best voices out there.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 am

Most songs are up on youtube now:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEiuxENGhVyuABAo5gqOWQ

I'm really liking this! Unfortunately it's one of those releases with multiple track lists.

In addition to the standard 12 tracks, the Limited Deluxe Edition has:
The World We Used to Know
Dancing in the Moonlight
When the Truth is a Lie
Who We Are

The iTunes exclusive track is "Delirious," which sounds better than some of the regular album tracks.

The Japanese edition has "Crazy Ride" and "One and One is Three."
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:04 pm

glassprison wrote:

I'm really liking this! Unfortunately it's one of those releases with multiple track lists.

Dancing in the Moonlight
When the Truth is a Lie
Who We Are

The iTunes exclusive track is "Delirious," which sounds better than some of the regular album tracks.

Pretty standard these days. I'll buy the deluxe edition and then steal the others. =)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Something weird happened along my life's journey as I had once found these guys one of the most exciting forms of music on the planet and now find myself fighting sleep at any given number. I still think they're great, and I've always been a defender of Face the Heat, but listening to them is no longer the same zippy experience. Sampling this album, I'm faced with the same feeling.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Something weird happened along my life's journey as I had once found these guys one of the most exciting forms of music on the planet and now find myself fighting sleep at any given number. I still think they're great, and I've always been a defender of Face the Heat, but listening to them is no longer the same zippy experience. Sampling this album, I'm faced with the same feeling.

Sometimes talent just dries up and Scorpions seem to prove that with every new release. I personally cut bait with them after Unbreakable - I found it to be nothing special at all and I was tired of being constantly disappointed.

This new album intrigued me when announced because it's supposed to be all old 80s material, but so far nothing I've heard does anything for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Sometimes talent just dries up and Scorpions seem to prove that with every new release.  I personally cut bait with them after Unbreakable - I found it to be nothing special at all and I was tired of being constantly disappointed.

This new album intrigued me when announced because it's supposed to be all old 80s material, but so far nothing I've heard does anything for me.

I still tend to think this, more often than not, has more to do with us than the bands. If we were 16 again, this album would probably blow us away. We just don't experience things the same way at our age. Sometimes, yes, something truly blows us away; but in general most things are just retreads of stuff we've already experienced.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Sometimes talent just dries up and Scorpions seem to prove that with every new release.  I personally cut bait with them after Unbreakable - I found it to be nothing special at all and I was tired of being constantly disappointed.

I still tend to think this, more often than not, has more to do with us than the bands. If we were 16 again, this album would probably blow us away. We just don't experience things the same way at our age. Sometimes, yes, something truly blows us away; but in general most things are just retreads of stuff we've already experienced.

I love retreaded music when it's done well. For instance, Night Demon isn't doing anything particularly new, but they do it very well. I just find that Scorpions in particular don't even do retreads well. Their new tracks seem very dull and lifeless to me. I don't think they've done anything really great since 1984 and I was only 16 then.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:56 pm

My late 20s and early 30s were really more important to my musical appreciation than my teenage years.  I've also found that I listen to more music I originally discovered in my pre-teen years than I do stuff from the high school era.

Scorpions.  Well, the last album I bought as a new release was Love At First Sting, but I did discover years later that I much prefer their 70s style and I've gotten new appreciation for that era. Tokyo Tapes, that's the ne plus ultra Scorpions album for me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Their 70's material is definitely where it's at for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Fly To The Rainbow and Lonesome crow are great albums. I like everything up to and including Love At First Sting.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I love retreaded music when it's done well.  For instance, Night Demon isn't doing anything particularly new, but they do it very well.  I just find that Scorpions in particular don't even do retreads well.  Their new tracks seem very dull and lifeless to me.  I don't think they've done anything really great since 1984 and I was only 16 then.  

What I said definitely doesn't always apply.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Dancing in the Moonlight
When the Truth is a Lie
Who We Are

Pretty standard these days. I'll buy the deluxe edition and then steal the others. =)

I really hate when bands do this kinda of stuff. Just make the tracks available on one version.

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Some of those youtube songs are playing at the wrong speed (some are stretched a full minute longer than the album versions) so they sound down tuned and sluggish. I'm pretty impressed with the album.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 5:31 pm

I have the album and I have to say that it's pretty average. I love the Scorpions, but this album is not rocking at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:15 pm

I have not bought the album but listened to handful of tracks, and I have to admit I am bit disappointed. Its not terrible but 'Sting in the Tail' was such a great comeback disc and with this album they fail continue the momentum
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:42 pm

S.D. wrote:

Scorpions.  Well, the last album I bought as a new release was Love At First Sting, but I did discover years later that I much prefer their 70s style and I've gotten new appreciation for that era. Tokyo Tapes, that's the ne plus ultra Scorpions album for me.

It's always been that way with me, I discovered the band with Blackout and worked my way back from there. I have owned Love at First Sting & World Wide Live but other than that the earlier stuff was always more interesting.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 pm

"Sting in the tail" is a lot better than "Return to forever". I'm sad to say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 pm

It's not bad, but it sounds nothing like they said it would. I thought it was supposed to be like their classic 80s stuff?

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 am

I like it but i think with most new albums it takes awhile to kick in then but i just like about anything that falls into classic rock to black death category.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 9:20 am

"House of Cards" is my favorite ballad they've released since "When You Came Into My Life" came out in 1996.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:59 am

I'm a casual Scorps fan, but I dunno. The stuff I heard from this new album sounded pretty good to me. If I saw a cheap copy, I'd probably pick it up.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Return To Forever
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next