Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album

Go down 
+10
Thrasher73
choosemetal
DakotaRogers
Temple of Blood
mc666
Thelemech
Gilbert
A Handful of Wayne
Boris2008
Short-Fuse
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Empty
PostSubject: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Although Violent Revolution and Pleasure to Kill are also terrific, I think that Enemy of God is their best album ever.With a tiny bit of Gothenburg inspired-melodicism, blinding thrash and plenty of good 'ol fashioned heavy metal,it's a future classic due to the superior song writing evident through out.Some may think Andy Sneap's production is cold and/or mechanical, but it sounds excellent.What's your opinion of Enemy of God and where would you rank it amongst Kreator's discography and the post 2000 thrash releases?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:32 pm

I like it well enough, but it would be way, way down my list. I prefer all of the '80s records and even the much hated Endorama which I really like.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Theres not much I dont like from Kreator except maybe Outcast , Endorama or Endless Pain but even those albums arent that bad. Violent Revolution was awesome, Enemy Of God was good but for me wasnt as good as Violent Revolution. Hordes Of Chaos and Phantom Antichrist are up there as my favorite Kreator albums along with Terrible Certainty and Pleasure to Kill. I also really like Renewal.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 pm

This is a great cd indeed but it doesn't reach the greatness of violent revolution.

I also see outcast as excellent. Very aggressive material.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Phantom Antichrist for me. Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album 438278
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Not even close to their best.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 pm

The first two songs on it are awesome. I like the album but "Extreme Aggression" is their only album I like from start too finish.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 pm

There was quite a bit of filler on "Enemy of God," but songs like the title track, Impossible Brutality, Voices of the Dead, and Under a Total Blackened Sky more than make up for it.

Really love the Gothenburg-tinged thrash.

Ranked

Hordes of Chaos
Enemy of God
Phantom Antichrist
Violent Revolution

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Pleasure To Kill, Terrible Certainty and Coma Of Souls are my favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Modern Kreator is mediocre as hell. I've heard the albums, but they lack the bite that their first five albums had. I'm going with Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill as their finest releases to date.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 am

Painkiller wrote:
Modern Kreator is mediocre as hell.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:13 am

Thelemech wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Evil Seed
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 am

Thelemech wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Gotta admit that i agree with him. It sounds fine until you spin the first few records.......
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:20 am

I like most of their output - excluding some of the 90s albums. I personally think Phantom Antichrist is the best thing they have ever done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:21 am

Don't read "mediocre" as something that's supposed to be bad -- it simply means that the recent albums aren't really special or worth much trouble to get. They have their moments, but in scarce amounts.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:36 am

One of the first Kreator records I got rid off now all of Em are gone except Pleasure to kill I still own. This album is overall one of the better ones from the new Kreator but after multiple spins I kinda got bored of it.

Last edited by choosemetal on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:46 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Gotta admit that i agree with him. It sounds fine until you spin the first few records.......

There is no doubt that the early albums are all classic - I just do not agree with labeling current Kreator as mediocre!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 am

I find it hard to get into their two first albums. way too raw for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 am

It's a very good album.I like most of their stuff really.Extreme Aggression is a classic.Enemy of God would rank up there close to Violent Revolution and Coma of Souls.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 am

I like Coma of Souls and Outcast.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 am

It's too bad they didn't utilize Tommy from Coroner better while he was in the band. He's an amazing player.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I will always think Extreme Aggression is their best. But thats just me. If you are talking about the later albums when they made their mark again, Violent Revolution is the best as far as that era.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Pleasure To Kill, Terrible Certainty and Coma Of Souls are my favorites.

Same here.

Along with Extreme Aggression.

Last edited by Required Fields on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Pleasure To Kill will probably always be my favorite, but I really like Phantom Antichrist.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's too bad they didn't utilize Tommy from Coroner better while he was in the band. He's an amazing player.

Absolutely! What a waste!

If they had him plus Joe Cangelosi on drums ... that's a serious thrash supergroup right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album   Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enemy of God-Kreator's Best album
Page 1 of 1