Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enemy Of The Sun

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Enemy Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Enemy Of The Sun   Enemy Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Anyone give this band a listen yet? I got the debut Shadows today. This is Waldemar Sorchyta's new band (one of three). Basically, for all intents and purposes (or intensive purposes, since so many say that), this is Grip Inc. with a new singer. Actually, they're a bit heavier and more experimental, but musically the blueprint is Grip Inc.. Or Waldemar Sorchyta, to be more specific. The guy has such a distinct style and tone. I love his random one-note harmonics.

With Grip Inc. being a favorite of mine, this album is still taking some getting used to. The new singer is from Profane Omen, and I'm not sure how he sounds in that band, but here he's sort of typical in his screaming and singing. I don't dislike it, but Sorchyta—I think—has a very original sound; couple that with Gus Chambers's killer scream—which I also think is quite unique—and you've got a great combination. Chambers and Sorcyhta are what makes Grip Inc. so great. But with Shadows you've got a really killer album musically, but with a vocalist who's just a bit too typical to make the album really great. It is good, though.

This turned into a bit of mini-review by accident, I guess. Haha. It would have been cool if Sorchyta had gotten Chambers on this one, even if it was under a different name. Anyway, anyone heard it?

http://www.myspace.com/enemyofthesunband

Check them out. "Lives Based On Conflicts" is where you hear the huge Grip Inc. sound, but it also shows how it's a bit more experimental. Parts of it sound like something System Of A Down would include in a song.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Enemy Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Of The Sun   Enemy Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Ordered it but haven't got it yet.
Back to top Go down

Enemy Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Of The Sun   Enemy Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 pm

nevermore wrote:
Ordered it but haven't got it yet.
Some 16-year-old asshat on metal-archives reviewed this and gave it a 0% score. WTF? I'd like to punch the owner of that site in the face. Even Blabbermouth reviewed it and gave it a 9. So of course the user scores are like 4.5. The negativity on the intenet is pretty sad sometimes.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Enemy Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Of The Sun   Enemy Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:11 pm

I didn't read the review on Blabbermouth but I did read the one on Brave Words. They gave it an 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enemy Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Of The Sun   Enemy Of The Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enemy Of The Sun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: