Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been 10 years now...

Go down 
+14
oldschooldoom
Vexer6
DallasBlack
James B.
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Leatherface
Glower
Troublezone
Eyesore
Gilbert
Thelemech
Required Fields
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

It's been 10 years now... Empty
PostSubject: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 pm

It's been 10 years now... Dimebag-darrell-1966-2004-rip

R.I.P. Dimebag. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Wonderful guitar player - he is sorely missed!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 pm

R.I.P. Man where does time go????
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 am

Seems like it was longer than 10 years. Say what you want about Pantera, the dude was a phenomenal guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:14 am

He was one of my favorite players. RIP
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:41 am

The Dimebag video I made on my YouTube account:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 am

I was talking to a coworker about our favorite top guitarist ever -
He said Dimebag - along with Hendrix and Slash and Van Halen and Iomni -
What was Dimebag's top few tunes for me to check out ?
( By the way, I said Angus and Malmsteen Smile
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:12 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:20 am

R.I.P.

I miss this guy and Pantera.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Met him at a King's X show in Dallas in 2003, he was cool.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:56 pm

It's a shame I wasn't a bigger fan of these guys back in the day. Phil's macho thump always put me off so I was narrow minded enough to brush them off. It wasn't until after DD's death that I explored their work and was blown away. Still not a huge fan of Phil but DD was truly a god and seemed like a great guy. RIP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Terrible.

A lot of people insult Nathan Gale for doing what he did, and shame on them for that. The reality is that he was a victim in all this, too. Unless you've experienced having a severe mental disorder, then get off his back.

He should've received more medical attention. His right to bear firearms should've been revoked.

If you're going to blame someone for having this all happen, blame it on those who had the power to help him, but didn't act on it. I'm sure that there were obstacles around, but more people need to realize that mentally handicapped people like Gale are very real and in need of help.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Terrible.

A lot of people insult Nathan Gale for doing what he did, and shame on them for that. The reality is that he was a victim in all this, too. Unless you've experienced having a severe mental disorder, then get off his back.

It depends on one's perspective. Too many don't take accountability for their actions or lack thereof. You can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink. He had access to help, but who are you and me to say whether or not he took advantage of that or not ? You pointing the finger at others is totally speculative. I have personal experience with people who don't take their medications for a plethora of reasons. That is a conscious choice. I am sure the USMC offered treatment before and after his discharge. It was all Gale's choice to follow through on it.

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:52 pm

James B. wrote:
It depends on one's perspective.  Too many don't take accountability for their actions or lack thereof.  You can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink.  He had access to help, but who are you and me to say whether or not he took advantage of that or not ?  You pointing the finger at others is totally speculative.  I have personal experience with people who don't take their medications for a plethora of reasons.  That is a conscious choice.  I am sure the USMC offered treatment before and after his discharge.  It was all Gale's choice to follow through on it.
The thing is that everyone thinks differently, so we can't know if his wasted opportunities were either intentional or not. We can only agree that we don't know the full story. The point of my post was to get his detractors off his back for a bit to look at this whole thing from a more rational perspective.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:02 am

Painkiller wrote:
Terrible.

He should've received more medical attention. His right to bear firearms should've been revoked.

If you're going to blame someone for having this all happen, blame it on those who had the power to help him, but didn't act on it. I'm sure that there were obstacles around, but more people need to realize that mentally handicapped people like Gale are very real and in need of help.

No. Shame on you for rationalizing the murder of an innocent man at the hands of a goddamn lunatic. The responsibility of that murder lies solely with Nathan Gale, no one else. He deserves all the blame, not people who maybe could have but HAD ZERO OBLIGATION to help him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
No. Shame on you for rationalizing the murder of an innocent man at the hands of a goddamn lunatic. The responsibility of that murder lies solely with Nathan Gale, no one else. He deserves all the blame, not people who maybe could have but HAD ZERO OBLIGATION to help him.
Now, where did I say that I condoned what he did?

Do you want to know why most mass killings happen? Because of bullying, depression, and feeling like no one's there for you. Nathan Gale used to be teased by his peers in school. I'm pretty sure he used to be bullied, and it probably stayed with him. Music probably gave him the freedom that he desired, so I could see how Pantera splitting up might've caused him to go on that killing spree.

The problem with your post is that you're quick to blame it all on the shooter, but this really isn't going to do anything to prevent future killings. There are some things that he probably could've controlled, but that doesn't make it all his fault.

Should we call people selfish for committing suicide? Unless you've been in the same position, you have no right to make any assumptions about people you never personally knew.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Painkiller wrote:

He didn't say that.  He just said you rationalized it.

condone: verb; accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

rationalize: verb; attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate.

See the diference ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:25 pm

I see a closed thread on the horizon. Too bad because this was supposed to be in memory of Dimebag.

Sure there is always some reason for a horrible action. Whether it be religious, mental, emotional, or what have you. Doesn't change the fact that an innocent man's life was taken.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Do you want to know why most mass killings happen? Because of bullying, depression, and feeling like no one's there for you. Nathan Gale used to be teased by his peers in school. I'm pretty sure he used to be bullied, and it probably stayed with him. Music probably gave him the freedom that he desired, so I could see how Pantera splitting up might've caused him to go on that killing spree.

The problem with your post is that you're quick to blame it all on the shooter, but this really isn't going to do anything to prevent future killings. There are some things that he probably could've controlled, but that doesn't make it all his fault.

Should we call people selfish for committing suicide? Unless you've been in the same position, you have no right to make any assumptions about people you never personally knew.

It is all his fault. Contributing factors are irrelevant. He pulled that trigger. No fault lies with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Terrible.

Assuming you have friends, family or people you care about... Would you still think this way if Nathan Gale killed all of them? Maybe it needs to hit closer to home for you.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I was just watching Pantera's "Behind the Music" episode and damn is it heartbreaking, though I do hope Vinnie talks to Phil again eventually.

Gale was not a victim though, he was a psycho that should've been locked up in an asylum for the rest of his life.

Gale did not go crazy because of Pantera splitting up, according to friends he believed the band was stealing his songs, so he wanted to take revenge of the band members.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:33 pm

In his honor, I listened to the top 10 riffs of Pantera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEIR9ThKIxY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Assuming you have friends, family or people you care about... Would you still think this way if Nathan Gale killed all of them? Maybe it needs to hit closer to home for you.
It isn't my intention to rationalize a murder, which wasn't the right solution. All I'm saying is that I empathize with people who are mentally unstable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Painkiller wrote:
All I'm saying is that I empathize with people who are (re: am) mentally unstable.

See, this would explain everything and cause allot less friction when you post here. I know my boundaries.

PostSubject: Re: It's been 10 years now...   It's been 10 years now... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been 10 years now...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next