Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48

Go down 
+14
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
manny
nevermore
Fat Freddy
metalhead777
Required Fields
MoonChild
mc666
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
Eyesore
GrandNational
BillRoxx
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48   Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2019-08-26-at-10.38.54-AM

What's up with the new vocalist wearing the Wayne mask?  Incredibly poor taste, much? Shocked

No, the band explained why he wears the mask. It was something done with approval from Wayne's family and everything, and really it was never supposed to be a Wayne Static mask. He just spiked the hair up on the original one day.

This was the original mask, meant solely to hide his identity...

Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Temp11

Quote :
“I’ve spent the last 20 years building my own identity and touring the world with my own band,” he said. “It didn’t feel right for my image or identity to be placed in the center of something that I wasn’t part of creating… It just felt like a perfect way to keep the focus on the four guys that made this great album and started this really cool band. After a few days of living with it, I decided to spike my hair up, just to see what it would look like with the mask on, and I was like, Oh, FUCK. Let’s be honest: Wayne’s hair kind of became the visual identity of STATIC-X.”

He added: “We didn’t set out to create a ‘character,’ it just evolved naturally. We went to our friend Laney, who also makes the masks for many of the SLIPKNOT guys, as well as Manson’s band, and Rob Zombie’s band, et cetera. Wayne liked heavy metal, monster movies, and monster trucks. He would be honored by the celebration and he would dig the shit out of this.”

I'm assuming that, if they do continue on past these two albums, he will not wear the mask in the future. Then it would be in poor taste, I think.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48   Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 6:30 pm

manny wrote:
I have their first three albums, maybe that is all the albums Static X released, not sure, but I thought they were a great band. I did not buy Wayne Static's solo album, if I ever see it used and cheap I will pick it up.

I knew there was a version of Static X touring, but really without Wayne Static not there, I had no interest, but if the music is good enough I would be willing to check it out.

The song you posted is pretty good and I will check it out this version of the band further

Man, it's a killer album. Might be my favorite outside of Wisconsin Death Trip. Shocked

"Worth Dyin' For" has shades of "Bled for Days" in the verses, which I assume is why it was left behind and never made it onto Start a War or whatever; and the chorus in the video I shared above has similarities to "Dirthouse," which is also on Start a War and is supposedly the album for which a lot of this music was written. Minor complaints, and not really complaints at all.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Static of Static X dead at 48
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2