Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Empty
PostSubject: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:54 pm

I've got another review up. This time it's Primal Fear - Delivering The Black.

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2014/10/metal-is-forever.html

Short version: It's a rock solid album that is loaded with excellent songs. It's a nice return to form after several albums of average to forgettable content. If you only listen to one song from it, then it should definitely be "One Night In December."

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Good review! I really like this album, and it's probably my favourite of the 5 I have. While I like it better than Unbreakable, that one was really impressive as well.

I would agree about "One Night In December" being the highlight. It also went over great at my stop on the North America tour (Toronto). The only thing I disagree with is "Born With A Broken Heart" being filler. I'm a huge sucker for ballads, and this one is one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:10 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Good review! I really like this album, and it's probably my favourite of the 5 I have. While I like it better than Unbreakable, that one was really impressive as well.

I would agree about "One Night In December" being the highlight. It also went over great at my stop on the North America tour (Toronto). The only thing I disagree with is "Born With A Broken Heart" being filler. I'm a huge sucker for ballads, and this one is one of my favourites.

Thanks for the comments!

"Born With A Broken Heart" just hit me the wrong way, but Primal Fear really kicked ass with this album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Awesome review, Witchfinder. This whole album smokes from A to Z and although I like Unbreakable a lot, the PF gang has stepped up their game with this release. Even though this came out back in January, I bought it and misplaced it somewhere so I recently found it and have been spinning it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:36 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Awesome review, Witchfinder. This whole album smokes from A to Z and although I like Unbreakable a lot, the  PF gang has stepped up their game with this release. Even though this came out back in January, I bought it and misplaced it somewhere so I recently found it and have been spinning it quite a bit.

Thanks! It will definitely be in my best of the year list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Great review for a great album. One of the best releases really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black   Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review: Primal Fear - Delivering The Black
Page 1 of 1