Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Empty
PostSubject: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:19 am

I went to see Primal Fear with Brainstorm opening at The Rock in Copenhagen yesterday. Let me start out by saying it was freakin' AWESOME!!

Let's start from the beginning. Me and some buddies drove the 3,5 hour drive from Sønderborg to Copenhagen. The venue was easy to find. On the outside it was this old, atrocious building, but on the inside it was a metal cave! The actual stage was rediculously small, and we were standing litterally less than a meter from the stage. Only around 300 people showed up, but that didn't really matter once the show started. They decided to start half an hour early, since everyone were already there. Brainstorm were up first. I wasn't too familiar with their music, but they put on an awesome show, and I did manage to sing along on a couple of songs. They seemed to really enjoy themselves, and worked very well with the crowd. Great show, they played for about 45 minutes. They really got the crowd worked up, as well as myself.

When Brainstorm left the stage, I was freakin' pumped, couldn't wait 'till the mighty Primal Fear entered the stage. And we only had to wait 15 minutes, then the lights were dimmed, and Primal Fear entered the stage. They opened with "Under The Radar" off their new album, and it was a perfect opener. The setlist captured their entire career, with Battalions of Hate following right after the opener. The band was insanely tight, and Ralph Scheepers' voice is mindblowingly good live! The man can hit any note he wants to. What a range! The crowd really started going crazy when they blasted out the title track off the new album - That song is amazing live! I was also pleasantly surprised to hear "Chainbreaker", one of my favourite songs, played as an encore. Well, to sum things up, another awesome concert!

PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840 PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 11840
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 am

Saw them on Tuesday. You're lucky you got to see them in Denmark, as their tourbus ran off the road on their way from Oslo to Bergen! Luckily no one was injured.

The attendance in Oslo was just flat out WRONG! Only about 20 peopew saw Brainstorm, and even my buddy and I didn't catch the first 3 songs, as we thought Jaded Heart was playing first (as announced), and we didn't stress getting there. Heck, we even had to turn around 1/4 of the way, because my buddy forgot our tickets! Laughing When Primal Fear entered the stage, there were maybe as "many" as 50 people there, but only 10-12 up against the scene! Henny, Ralph and Matt even took their gear down on the floor, and played half a song with the "crowd"! Even with the lousy attendance, both bands gave it their all, and it came to be an intimate concert for us die hards! This was the 3rd time I saw Primal Fear, and the finally I got to see Brainstorm!

Last edited by kmorg on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 am

Some crappy photos from the show, taken with my cellphone:

PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Henny_10
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Henny_12
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Henny_13
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Henny_14
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Mat_cr10
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Mat_sm10
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Ralph_10
PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Ralph_12

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 am

kmorg wrote:
Saw them on Tuesday. You're lucky you got to see them in Denmark, as their tourbus ran off the road on their way from Oslo to Bergen! Luckily no one was injured.

The attendance in Oslo was just flat out WRONG! Only about 20 peopew saw Brainstorm, and even my buddy and I didn't catch the first 3 songs, as we thought Jaded Heart was playing first (as announced), and we didn't stress getting there. Heck, we even had to turn around 1/4 of the way, because my buddy forgot our tickets! Laughing When Primal Fear entered the stage, there were maybe as "many" as 50 people there, but only 10-12 up against the scene! Henny, Ralph and Matt even took their gear down on the floor, and played half a song with the "crowd"! Even with the lousy attendance, both bands gave it their all, and it came to be an intimate concert for us die hards! This was the 3rd time I saw Primal Fear, and the finally I got to see Brainstorm!

Oh, man! That sucks - But I'm glad you had a great time anyway!

Bernert broke his stick after the second song, and I managed to grab it! Go me PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review 778825
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Hard to believe there were that few for Primal Fear. I would love to see them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I saw PF last Oct. in St. Paul, MN awesome show maybe 200 in attendance. Well they are coming back in May and I will be there again!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks for the reports guys!!

Shame that the crowds were so small.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review   PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRIMAL FEAR and Brainstorm review
Page 1 of 1