Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Live Bootlegs?

Go down 
+11
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
Nomadic Drifter
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm

It's been years so I will check out the two releases that you guys mentioned.  I don't recall them specifically.

I really think Fripp is the most pretentious guy in music ever.

EDIT: I have Islands and didn't enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Just some cuts that blow up my skirt:

The Great Deceiver
Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part 2
Heartbeat
Peace - A Beginning/Pictures of a City (including 42nd at Treadmill)
<-- very Schizoid Man-ish
One More Red Nightmare
Elephant Talk
Matte Kudasai
Indiscipline
Thela Hun Ginjeet

Just a few to check into, if you're interested
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:50 pm

"Heartbeat", yeah that's a good pop song. I think of that as an Adrian Belew song more than KC song though.

Thanks for the recommendations. That'll save me a lot of time!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:59 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I really think Fripp is the most pretentious guy in music ever.

Yeah, that may be true, but the brother can back it up, you know what I mean? humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Fripp has earned his pretentiousness, geniuses get a free pass. Very Happy

P.S. - Islands is the reason I became a Crimson fan in the first place, the song "Sailor's Tale" is my all-time favorite Fripp composition.

Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:29 pm

I came up through the same way most folks did, by being blown away by "21st Century Schizoid Man". Then a friend made me a comp with many of the tracks I listed above. I don't listen to them that often these days, but every once in awhile I have a phase. Saw them in 2001.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Judas Priest - The Ultimate Priest In The East.  

This is a fifteen track bootleg that combines the original Unleashed In The East/Priest In The East with the 4 tracks from the bonus EP that came with the original Japanses release.  It then adds "Evil Fantasies" which was originally on the Living After Midnight 12" single and "Beyond The Realms of Death" from a UK 3 track bonus EP.  It's interesting to note that on the original "Evil Fantasies" single cut you can hear how shot Rob's voice was as he introduces the song.  I don't think the bootleg has that intro though.  

The track order is altered from the official release to better reflect the actual order of performance at the two live shows in Japan.  As you can imagine the sound quality is excellent because these are all fully produced songs.

Tracklist:

1. Exciter
2. Running Wild
3. The Ripper
4. Diamonds and Rust
5. Rock Forever
6. Beyond The Realms of Death
7. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)
8. Delivering The Goods
9. Sinner
10. Evil Fantasies
11. Victim of Changes
12. Genocide
13. Starbreaker
14. Hell Bent For Leather  
15. Tyrant

Here's the original Evil Fantasies with the intro:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Judas Priest - The Ultimate Priest In The East.  

This is a fifteen track bootleg that combines the original Unleashed In The East/Priest In The East with the 4 tracks from the bonus EP that came with the original Japanses release.  It then adds "Evil Fantasies" which was originally on the Living After Midnight 12" single and "Beyond The Realms of Death" from a UK 3 track bonus EP.  It's interesting to note that on the original "Evil Fantasies" single cut you can hear how shot Rob's voice was as he introduces the song.  I don't think the bootleg has that intro though.  

The track order is altered from the official release to better reflect the actual order of performance at the two live shows in Japan.  As you can imagine the sound quality is excellent because these are all fully produced songs.

Tracklist:

1. Exciter
2. Running Wild
3. The Ripper
4. Diamonds and Rust
5. Rock Forever
6. Beyond The Realms of Death
7. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)
8. Delivering The Goods
9. Sinner
10. Evil Fantasies
11. Victim of Changes
12. Genocide
13. Starbreaker
14. Hell Bent For Leather  
15. Tyrant

Here's the original Evil Fantasies with the intro:

I have that boot, I just wish he hadn't used the brick-walled remasters as the source for the original album tracks.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Hey! Quit hijacking our King Crimson thread! Wink
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 8:56 pm

I only have about 20 or so boots (mostly Priest) but my 3 faves are Priest's "Fuel for Life", Maiden's "World Piece Tour", and Keel's "Live In The City" with the Priest being my most listened to as it is a radio broadcast of a show from the Kiel auditorium in St. Louis with a cool interview before the show. It makes me feel like a 12 year old again and taping stuff of the radio. The Maiden is awesome because it's a show from the tour of my fave IM album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Live Bootlegs?   Favorite Live Bootlegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Live Bootlegs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2