Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.

Go down 
+30
onrypt
journeyman
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Wayne
DeathCult
Thelemech
the sentinel
mc666
nevermore
mr.electric39
Nomadic Drifter
choosemetal
Glower
manny
Witchfinder
Required Fields
Gilbert
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
MoonChild
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mikeinfla
Lari
Boris2008
fingers
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Empty
PostSubject: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 am

Everytime I go out in public with an Iron maiden t shirt people comment on my t shirt and mention the album number of the beast and say its their best album that album would be my least favorite 80s Iron Maiden album anyone else ever had that frustration? Ok labeling the album overrated would obviously be an ignorant thing to say and if I was a metalhead in the early 80s I would of loved the album but I think its overplayed and its not their best album. Personally I'd say Piece of Mind or Powerslave or arguably Somewhere in Time would be Iron Maiden's best album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 am

Killers is their best album. Number of the Beast is 50/50 for me. Hallowed Be Thy Name, Children of the Damned, Run to the Hills and the title track would all be in my top 20 Maiden tracks, the rest of it, I thought was pretty average.

And yes, everyone has that frustration every time an album is huge, but not your favorite. The Black Album, Screaming for Vengeance, Keeper of the Seven Keys, Among the Living, Rust in Peace to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:10 am

A Matter of Life and Death is their best album.

Is there a point beyond everyone liking different albums?

Beast is a classic, and probably ranks highly because so many consider it among their best. As do I.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:18 am

Like Beast but has never been my favorite. That would be Piece Of Mind since I first heard it in the 6th or 7th grade and today it's still tops with me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 am

I'm with Boris on this one.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 am

For peple who are relly into Rock Music knows the value of various albums, but to most others it is only a hyped value what the media creates.

Everyone thinks they know Metallica, but what they really know is only The Black Album, same in this case too.

May the brilliant Music rock the world.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 am

Overhyped? No, not at all... Fantastic album, but not my favorite. Piece Of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time actually sold better and charted higher than TNOTB. It's also the first time that many had every heard Maiden, thanks to MTV putting RTTH and the title track in heavy rotation. When the casual fans go to see Maiden they expect to hear the title track. That adds a lot of the lure of the album. Personally, I would rank it lower than most of the other Bruce albums, but it's still a fantastic release.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

It's definitely over-hyped. But it has a few great songs on there.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 am

And I might add I really like "Invaders" a song a lot of people don't like for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

I love that whole album and it is my 2nd favorite Maiden album!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 am

mikeinfla wrote:
And I might add I really like "Invaders" a song a lot of people don't like for some reason.

That's an amazing song! One of the best on the album. The vocals are very John Arch-ish.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 am

I understand it's a basic essential but it really is my favorite Maiden album. Every track, except for mauve Gangland, is spot on and still raises hairs. Plus i love Clive's drumming on that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 am

Not overrated, not overhyped, a total ass-kicker of an album from start to finish.

P.S. - Gangland is my favorite song on the album, the introduction to that song is one of my favorite in their entire discography. it's also a good example of why I prefer Clive's drumming style in Iron Maiden.  

The album *I* personally find overrated is Piece Of Mind.  I'll take Killers, NOTB, Powerslave and Somewhere In Time over that record any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am

It's a great album and I wouldn't call it overrated but I do feel there are better albums. Piece Of Mind and Powerslave are two I prefer.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm

It's my favorite, but close to other like Killers, POM
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:29 pm

to me maiden is mainly about fear of the dark and powerslave.

the rest is ok.

the last few albums are boring, with the exception of brave new world.

and I consider number of the beast to be overrated.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Yes they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:39 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Yes they are.

No. They aren't.

Iron Maiden actually continued to evolve their sound, which I find refreshing compared to most of the old-dog bands from the 80s that basically just continue to release carbon copies of the stuff they did back then. We don't need Powerslave Part 2, they've been there and done that.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm

No love for Piece of Mind, Shawn?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm

I like it, but it's their most overrated album. It does have two of the best songs they ever did, Children of the Damned, and Hallowed Be Thy Name, however. It has one or two filler tracks that drag it down a bit. That being said, one of the songs usually called a filler, Invaders, is actually amongst my favorite songs on the album.

Powerslave is my overall favorite Iron Maiden album, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:56 pm

I am a fan of this album. I don't know if it's overhyped or not, but it certainly brought the band to a new level of success and fame.

Iron Maiden's albums since 1988 or so have been various amounts of boring, bad or so-so. Their post-reunion albums have all been boring, old-man prog albums for the most part. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm

I don't believe the album is overhyped but it was the album that made a commerical break thru in the States, MTV supported the album with their videos, Christian groups protested them and it was when I first became aware of them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am a fan of this album.  I don't know if it's overhyped or not, but it certainly brought the band to a new level of success and fame.  

Iron Maiden's albums since 1988 or so have been various amounts of boring, bad or so-so.  Their post-reunion albums have all been boring, old-man prog albums for the most part.  No thanks.

100% disagree with your opinion on their post- reunion albums, but to each their own
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 pm

manny wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I am a fan of this album.  I don't know if it's overhyped or not, but it certainly brought the band to a new level of success and fame.  

Iron Maiden's albums since 1988 or so have been various amounts of boring, bad or so-so.  Their post-reunion albums have all been boring, old-man prog albums for the most part.  No thanks.

100% disagree with your opinion on their post- reunion albums, but to each their own

Maybe I was a bit harsh. I wish they would mix in some shorter, punchier material with the epics for variety.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 pm

I never bought one Maiden CD / LP ~ believe it or not -
My all time favorite song from them is 'Flight Of The Icarus' -
I have had vhs tpaes of them live in the distant past- very good concerts !!
It'll be fun for me to discover them - now- many years later -
maybe start off with POWERSLAVE - or even pre- Dickinson -
but I must say -I absolutely love Paul DiAnno's solo music -
sooooooo many good tunes from him and his band - love his voice and diverse style -

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.   Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Number of the Beast Iron Maiden's most overhyped album.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next