Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new number one Morty album for me....

Go down 
+11
Troublezone
GrandNational
shamgar75
bassman
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
Stender
nevermore
Thrasher73
exact33
mc666
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The new number one Morty album for me.... Empty
PostSubject: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Has become Hammer of God. As I move away from death metal this has pushed out PMA and Scrolls. I'll always enjoy those but HOG is the king of Mort in my little world. Just thought i'd share.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 pm

it's got some great songs, but a lot of filler too. of course, that almost every Mortification album post PMA.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Scrolls rulez!!!

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I really like Hammer of God.Lots of thrash influence on it and I love the guitar tone.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:27 pm

It's a good album but I still prefer Scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 pm

its a pretty good album, the first one I ever heard all the way thru. It gets a little boring towards the end with all those demo cuts tacked on though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 pm

It's a good one, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I really like Hammer of God.Lots of thrash influence on it and I love the guitar tone.

I love the production on it, one of my fave Morty albums.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm

PMA is my favorite Morty, followed by the self-titled. I never could get into Scrolls as much as everyone else seems to. They kind of lost me after Primitive Rhythm Machine so I'm not as familiar with the later material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 pm

I think you'd like Hammer with what you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Like I said , I'm not as familiar with the later material so I guess I've got some work to do catching up. If it's thrashy I'm sure I will like it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm

I'll have to listen to Hammer again. Love the 1st two songs though - some of their best songs IMO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

I find HOG to be more of a classic metal sound. And Bassman, i'd bet you'd like Erasing the Goblin.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:43 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I find HOG to be more of a classic metal sound. And Bassman, i'd bet you'd like Erasing the Goblin.

Steve Rowe is gonna LOVE me, I've got a lot of back catalog purchases to make! Everything since PRM, Wow thats a lot of music. listening to music
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 am

That's a good album, but one that has grown on me over the years and has received the most Morty spins is the Silver Cord is Severed. Such an underrated album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:15 am

I need to check that album out again...

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Has become Hammer of God. As I move away from death metal this has pushed out PMA and Scrolls. I'll always enjoy those but HOG is the king of Mort in my little world. Just thought i'd share.

It ranks as one of my favorites as well. Metal Crusade, Martys, and In The Woods are some of my all time favorite Morty songs. headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Maybe he should get credit for starting the move back to classic metal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm

I honestly haven't really liked Morty all that much since PMA. Not that I'm really a purist with their stuff, it's just most of their albums have bored the hell out of me ever since, especially Hammer Of God, interesting pick Naz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
STIGMATADOR
Metal novice
Metal novice
STIGMATADOR

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:35 am

I actually thought "Primitive Rhythm Machine" was really underrated. PMA is my fave, though. I'm not really a huge fan of this band, to be honest, though. I never heard HOG. Really, I find the band kind of cheesy/silly...

)+(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:43 am

PRM is something I go through phases with.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 pm

stepcousin wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I love the production on it, one of my fave Morty albums.

My personal problem with HOG is the way the drums are recorded. They sound buried in the mix for me and don't seem to have that thump that the follow up album had with a new drummer.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:35 pm

OK, I went and borrowed some Morty CDs from a friend who has them all and did some critical listening to....

Hammer of God
The Silver Cord is Severed
EnVision EvAngeline
The Evil Addiction Destroying Machine
Erasing the Goblin
Relentless

and I have to say that out of all those I agree that I like Hammer of God the best with Relentless coming in second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Relentless huh? I don't see that one get a lot of mentions.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Relentless huh? I don't see that one get a lot of mentions.

To my ears it sounds like a nice mix of the old riff style and speed with the new cleaner vocals and a little of the classic metal influence starting to come through. Quite nice, actually, I found myself feeling a little bit of the old enthusiasm for the band that I thought I had lost over time. Thanks for helping me re-connect to an old favorite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new number one Morty album for me....   The new number one Morty album for me.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new number one Morty album for me....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next