Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
mr.electric39
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Empty
PostSubject: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I know originally the keyboardist was from Within Temptation and they were more symphonic but the last two releases are slightly different.....  but their latest  Human Contradiction is monster imo...  

Heavy Melodic and memorable...  yeah the lead singer Charlotte is a looker (I'm in luv...), but she can belt it out with the best of them...  Some video tracks below....

first single from Human Contradiction   (cant get enough of it~!!!)

lyric video for second single

Previous stuff.... a track from We Are the Others...

I'm so burnt out on this song.... AWESOME....

touring the US now with Sonata Arctica....  Im hoping to see 'em in  San Francisco...

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I have the first Delain album.

There was a time I would have scarfed this up in a heartbeat but female-fronted semi-metal bands just don't do anything for me anymore.

Delain is good at what they do though; it's just not my style these days.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 pm

I didn't care for their first album that much to be honest... And I'm pretty picky about female vocals, some annoy the crap outta me.... but something here just struck the right chord....

I like some of what I've heard from Within Temptation but not much else... Nightwish was kinda eh... to me.... I've heard a few others and for me it just back to the actual song writing....

but as they say different strokes .....

Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:14 pm

I just find myself gravitating more and more toward less polished music with a sleaze or retro vibe.

I think the band Diamond Dogs has scarred me for life. \'arry \'eadbanger

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:16 pm

I liked them fine before, but this new one floored me. It's just fantastic in every way. I'm torn between this album & the latest Xandria (also kickass) as being my favorite symphonic album this year.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
I liked them fine before, but this new one floored me. It's just fantastic in every way. I'm torn between this album & the latest Xandria (also kickass) as being my favorite symphonic album this year.

Yeah Human Contradiction blows away We Are the Others.... but I know on that album they had a more "production committee" approach... outside guys brought in... this time they went back to Marrtijn handling it.... I think he knows how to make them sound the best ...

I haven't heard Xandria.... will have to look into this further....

(great more possible $$$ to spend....!) lol

Last edited by mr.electric39 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm

mc666 wrote:

I'm surprised mc6; I've never seen you comment on a band in this genre before. I wasn't aware you even gave symphonic metal the time of day. Must've missed it.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I'm surprised mc6; I've never seen you comment on a band in this genre before. I wasn't aware you even gave symphonic metal the time of day. Must've missed it.

I like it quite a bit, always have. Add female vocals to just about any style of rock & I love it. I just don't post as much here as I used to.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I like it quite a bit, always have. Add female vocals to just about any style of rock & I love it. I just don't post as much here as I used to.

Fair enough. I guess I just always associate your listening habits with those uber-gory album covers you used to post in the Listening thread. Stereotyping I know, but I figured that was all you listened to. Shame on me.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:53 pm

More or less back on topic:

I recently dug out Nightwish's "Wishmaster" album which used to be one of my favorite albums of any style and I couldn't even make it through it.  

Funny how one's musical tastes change over time.  Who knows, a few years from now I may be all about that stuff again. If that happens I hope I remember this thread because this sounds like something I would really dig.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:13 pm

mc666 wrote:

The latest is fantastic. It's got almost industrial rhythms, which surprised me, but it's excellent.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Delain's not bad.... Charlotte is hot. I prefer Within Temptation (Sharon is hot too)... my daughter likes the last Within Temptation album...

And I actually like Nightwish better than both bands.... looking forward to the new album with Floor (also hot) Come to think of it, all three bands have hot Dutch women behind the mic!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Come to think of it, all three bands have hot Dutch women behind the mic!

Yeah whats up with THAT!!!! LOL..... so long as they can sing and the songs are good....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 am

tohostudios wrote:
mc666 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Fair enough.  I guess I just always associate your listening habits with those uber-gory album covers you used to post in the Listening thread. Stereotyping I know, but I figured that was all you listened to.   Shame on me.  

I always singled out those covers out from my playlists because everyone seemed to get a kick out of the extremity. I do like that stuff, but if that's all I could hear, I would go crazy. I've been a member here for like 8/9 years. Very little of the gory extreme stuff is discussed here & yet I have over 8k posts (plus like 1k at the old board).

So yeah...I like a lot of different stuff. I understand why you thought otherwise though, since I feel like I have to defend the extreme stuff a lot here.

thejokeriv wrote:
And I actually like Nightwish better than both bands.... looking forward to the new album with Floor (also hot) Come to think of it, all three bands have hot Dutch women behind the mic!

Nightwish was always my least favorite (even though they're the most popular). Until, that is, Anette joined up with them. I thought those albums were awesome. I've always loved her voice though (her new solo album, although not metal, is beautiful). The new album with Floor is exciting too.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 am

This stuff's a mystery to me so I thought I'd investigate a little. None of it is bad, I quite like it (in a slightly silly way) Xandria are probably my favorite because if you are going to do this kind of thing, you might as well go over the top with it.

But considering how much I love female singers (metal, rock & pop) it hasn't quite clicked.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:05 am

[quote="mc666"][quote="tohostudios"][quote="mc666"][quote="tohostudios"]
mc666 wrote:

thejokeriv wrote:

Nightwish was always my least favorite (even though they're the most popular). Until, that is, Anette joined up with them. I thought those albums were awesome. I've always loved her voice though (her new solo album, although not metal, is beautiful). The new album with Floor is exciting too.

Interesting... Anette is my least favorite of the three singers. Different tastes makes the world exciting - lol!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...   Delain symphonic metal anyone???  touring the U.S. in Sept... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delain symphonic metal anyone??? touring the U.S. in Sept...
Page 1 of 1