Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage reunion

Go down 
+28
Required Fields
A Handful of Wayne
Wrecked Neck
Dark Horseman
manny
tul
Spiner202
thejokeriv
Runicen
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Citanul
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Gilbert
sovdat
DallasBlack
Eyesore
nevermore
mc666
Headbanger Man
Witchfinder
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Glower
Lari
kmorg
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Savatage reunion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:47 am

Are there people who really LOVE TSO, or just a ton of people who LIKE TSO?

And they're not really close to the same (aside from one song). SAVATAGE's set doesn't mainly consist of hard rock versions of Christmas carols.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:57 am

Probably stating the obvious here, but TSO has a much broader audience appeal. I like Savatage ok, but I don't care to ever see them live or care much about a reunion. Probably the same of most Americans too. Europe might be different.

I don't love TSO, but I like them enough to see them several times, brought my non-metalhead wife and 60 year old parents to shows and next year, probably going to take my young children. I wouldn't do any of that with Savatage or any other "metal" concert.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Those are staggering numbers for the TSO people - Christmas is powerful theme !
A million dollars a show -
I thought the Black Sabbath reunion would be something to see - and experience -
but really - Savatage - at their age - would be more evil - and more crazier Twisted Evil
Those unusual guitar riffs - and that voice - the amps -
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

And they're not really close to the same (aside from one song).  SAVATAGE's set doesn't mainly consist of hard rock versions of Christmas carols.

I'm beginning to think you just enjoy being contrary. Have you ever been to a TSO show? Yes, people love it. And yes, they are very much alike despite TSO having a more theatrical approach. I'll give you Savatage's early albums aren't similar.

Either way, the last hour of a TSO show is full on heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:09 pm

For Christmas music, I love TSO. Not at a Sava level but still great music for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
In under two months, TSO killed it.

o   The 2014 Winter Tour grossed more than $51 million in just 52 days.
o   Total tour attendance was nearly 1,000,000 fans.
o   The tour grossed nearly $1 million per day from 11/13/14 to 1/4/15.
o   The tour donated more than $1,000,000 to local and national charities.
o   TSO has now played to well over 12 million fans.

And people wonder why Savatage is on hold or no more.

I don't like TSO, or rather, never got into it. But hey, good for them! Kudos go to that talented group of musicians and they deserve all the accolades and spoils.

Besides, I never had a problem with TSO "killing" Savatage because after Poets and Madmen we've had MORE awesome 'Tage-material than before! How many Pain and CIIC and Caffery albums have there been? 15? That's like one per year. Same quality, same style, amazing heavy metal music. Just that they are now under different titles.

I just don't understand how there could be Savatage fans that crave for a reunion, but can't be bothered with JOP, for instance. Is it nostalgia? Is it that Savatage logo on the cover of the album?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah, hard to complain about Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain, and Chris Caffery's solo albums.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 3:08 am

For me, I'd have to say that as good as all the offshoots are, Savatage just has that little bit extra that the others haven't quite managed to achieve. That's not to say I necessarily want another Savatage studio album, as there's no way of knowing whether it will live up to their past output or be a bit of a disappointment, but I do support the idea of a live reunion (provided that they record it, as there's pretty much no way I'd ever actually be able to see them in the flesh).
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Criss-era SAVATAGE had A LOT extra.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Criss-era SAVATAGE had A LOT extra.

Yeah, Criss lol! .

and Jon and Doc
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Have you seen Jon Oliva lately? There's a lot of extra Jon too...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You and you're Jon fat jokes lol! .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's OK, I'm a fat ass too. I keed because I love. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's OK, I'm a fat ass too. I keed because I love. Very Happy

I'm not free of air bags on my behind either Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

Jon has dropped a ton of weight, recently.

Savatage reunion - Page 3 10945310

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 am

^^ Daaaang. You GO Jon!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Jon has dropped a ton of weight, recently.

Savatage reunion - Page 3 10945310

Here's a "before" for comparison...
Savatage reunion - Page 3 Resize_1342369454

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Wow, good for him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 2:40 pm

I hereby retract my joke about there being "a lot of extra Jon."

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm

I love how the forum gives you the option of enlarging those images...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm glad to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Today's news:  State officials have declared that since Jon has lost so much weight he no longer qualifies for his own zip code in the state of Florida.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:39 am

Just noticed that they released some sort of a compilation called "Return to Wacken". I saw the title and expected a live album, but it's just studio versions... kind of lame, actually.

Well, hopefully they'll release the Wacken show on DVD.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

And they're not really close to the same (aside from one song).  SAVATAGE's set doesn't mainly consist of hard rock versions of Christmas carols.

I'm beginning to think you just enjoy being contrary. Have you ever been to a TSO show? Yes, people love it. And yes, they are very much alike despite TSO having a more theatrical approach. I'll give you Savatage's early albums aren't similar.

Either way, the last hour of a TSO show is full on heavy metal.

Correct on all accounts
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:19 pm

I have yet to see a TSO show (my son has and loved it) but I want to check it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savatage reunion   Savatage reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage reunion
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next