Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney Says No To Heavy Metal

Go down 
+8
kmorg
T-Roy
mc666
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i guess that Darkthrone/Hilary Duff tour i've been dreaming about will never happen. Sad

I'd pay to see that.

Or a black metal version of "High School Musical" lol!

Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 HSBM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Two dudes kissing each other is OK, but metal is immoral and a bad influence? scratch

I actually saw 2 guys making out to a Type O Negative song once.

OK, I made that up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:45 pm

gotta love those Immortal guys, they are so versatile! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
gotta love those Immortal guys, they are so versatile! lol!

...and intimidating. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
firestar wrote:
Anyone remember in the mid-90's Disney's Hollywood records was signing bands like ICP, Danzig, and the Dead Milkmen? They got a bunch of conservative flack for it, sold ICP's contract to another company, and shelved any others bands that were remotely non-conserative then refused to give those bands the rights to albums back (until they got sued by some of them anyway)?

Yea, they had The Dead Milkmen and Sacred Reich on Hollywood too. Sacred Reich got dumped REAL quick after the promo department sent out Sacred Reich water pipes/bongs to a bunch of critics to promote their CD too! I guess Mickey didn't want any part of such unsavory activities. Smile

For the record, The Dead Milkmen are not really offensive, just silly, sarcastic and a great fun band! I was fortunate to get their Hollywood releases for $3 each at a garage sale as they are not easy to find and ocasionally go for pretty good money.

Sacred Reich was on Hollywood too, weren't they? Was that the American Way release by chance? because that would explain why it is not easy to find. I definately gotta find that CD sometime, the cassette I have of it is still a favorite.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

I am not a fan of Immortal but they could definatly improve that High School Musical crap! I like the photo by the way. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I agree that Disney has the right, but it just sounds too
hypocritical, after all this is the same Disney that is going to
allow homosexual marriages be held at their theme parks.
Two dudes kissing each other is OK, but metal is immoral and a bad influence? scratch

It does seem hypocritical, but I think that's more of a case of Disney giving in to gay & lesbian groups and threats of protest and discrimination lawsuits. Same deal if it was a black artist. Disney wouldn't cancel for fear of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton causing a stir. But if they cancel a metal show, who is gonna care? Who is going to stick up for the rights of middle-class white kids? Noone.

Believe me, I knew people that worked in the Disney organization and were subject to the rules & regulations of Disney employees. If ol' Walt had his way, there would be no gay-days in the Magic Kingdom. That whirring noise you hear is Walt's frozen head spinning like a turbine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:05 pm

firestar wrote:

For the record, The Dead Milkmen are not really offensive, just silly, sarcastic and a great fun band! I was fortunate to get their Hollywood releases for $3 each at a garage sale as they are not easy to find and ocasionally go for pretty good money.

Yea, I wouldn't call the Dead Milkmen "offensive" either, although I could see how the good folks at Disney might not "get" their somewhat twisted humor. Hell, they probably just got their undies bunched over the band's name. I doubt good ol' Walt would find "Bitchin' Camaro" or "The Thing That Only Eats Hippies" particularly funny either. Smile

I believe it was "The American Way" that Sacred Reich released thru Hollywood by the way. The rest of their stuff was released thru Metal Blade.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:04 pm

I just want to hear some
Quote :
ganger rap
. Rap for the most part passed me by decades ago, but this could be big!! Wink
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 2:50 pm

I always thought Donald was very metal. What with all the anger and everything?! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
Dimedude23 wrote:
Fair enough I maybe wouldn't have someone like Darkthrone playing near a childrens theme park
i guess that Darkthrone/Hilary Duff tour i've been dreaming about will never happen. Sad

ahh ino, what a bummer
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I agree that Disney has the right, but it just sounds too
hypocritical, after all this is the same Disney that is going to
allow homosexual marriages be held at their theme parks.

It does seem hypocritical, but I think that's more of a case of Disney giving in to gay & lesbian groups and threats of protest and discrimination lawsuits. Same deal if it was a black artist. Disney wouldn't cancel for fear of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton causing a stir. But if they cancel a metal show, who is gonna care? Who is going to stick up for the rights of middle-class white kids? Noone.

We need someone like Dee Snider or Ted Nugent to uphold our rights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
firestar wrote:

Yea, I wouldn't call the Dead Milkmen "offensive" either, although I could see how the good folks at Disney might not "get" their somewhat twisted humor. Hell, they probably just got their undies bunched over the band's name. I doubt good ol' Walt would find "Bitchin' Camaro" or "The Thing That Only Eats Hippies" particularly funny either. Smile

I believe it was "The American Way" that Sacred Reich released thru Hollywood by the way. The rest of their stuff was released thru Metal Blade.

I could actually see them being more offended by something like Methodist Coloring Book, not only because of the message but the video too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney Says No To Heavy Metal   Disney Says No To Heavy Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney Says No To Heavy Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2