Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Re-discovered this album today ...

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Icy Grave
chilejay7
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
sovdat
ZombieHavoc
manny
Gilbert
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
Boris2008
ultmetal
corplhicks
DeathCult
MoonChild
mc666
DakotaRogers
Headbanger Man
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

I Re-discovered this album today ... Empty
PostSubject: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Chaos AD. Indeed a great metal album.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:30 pm

I "dare" to say its for me a better album than Arise. great, great stuff indeed.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 pm

I think this album ruined Sepultura for me forever.

Yeah, I actually bought it.  angry 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:02 am

It's a good album. Nothing more, nothing less.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 am

I love this album.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:15 pm

It's good, but not one I listen to very often. For me, it was the last truly interesting album from Sepultura.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm

I think it's enjoyable but I don't really engage with it like I do with Beneath the Remains.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm

I enjoy it quite a bit. I also like Roots Bloody Roots, though most metal fans seem to dismiss it. The title track is simply crushing!

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 pm

I bought it nearly 6 years ago, and didn't think much of it. It didn't exactly propel me to buy anymore Sepultura albums.

I noticed this morning that it was still on my iCloud somewhere, so I pieced together the broken mp3 files and synced it back onto my iPod hoping to actually get something out of it this time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 7:02 pm

I love early Sepultura but this one didn't do a lot for me. I prefer Roots
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:27 pm

I didn't like the band at all back when it came out. It wasn't until Roots I would kind of start to like the band. Then when I went and got all the previous albums I really liked Chaos AD a lot. Probably one of my favorites of theirs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:37 pm

I like about half the album. It could've been a great ep.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 am

love this album.

It was the last SEPULTURA album I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:34 am

I loved 'Chaos A.D.' it was the first Sepultura album I heard, then went back discovered their back catalog, and I am still a fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

I love Chaos AD as well. Beneath, Arise and Chaos are the jams for me. I don't care much for what came before or after. Except that one from a couple years ago. Not the newest one, but the one before...I did like that one.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 am

This is where they ran out of ideas and started adding whatever they thought handy to mix with "heavy guitars" ... Still, it's not as bad as the things that came later and actually listenable in 1 take [though the last 2 or 3 albums weren't THAT bad imo]
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

I hated it back in the day but enjoy it now. It may even be one of their best, top 3 at least.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Chaos AD was the last Sepultura album that did anything for me at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I enjoy it quite a bit. I also like Roots Bloody Roots, though most metal fans seem to dismiss it. The title track is simply crushing!

With the exception of the title track which is awesome, I could never get into this album.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Gilbert wrote:
With the exception of the title track which is awesome, I could never get into this album.

DISSENTER!
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

This one and Arise are the two that get the most spins in my house.  Havok did a great cover of Arise if haven't heard it.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Only Sepultura albums I've given a spin are Schizophrenia and Beneath the Remains. I was considering getting into more stuff from them, but I've held back. Not because I don't like their more recent material (in fact, I think the production on their latest album is absolutely ferocious), but because I'm just a lazy bastard. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 pm

This was decent but still a far cry from what they were before this. Chaos AD was also the last Sepultura album I could tolerate.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Chaos AD was my first introduction to them and I quite like it. That being said, nothing tops Arise IMO. That album is simply amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:28 am

This was originally a thread about re-discovering a particular album, but I'm bumping it to resurrect the premise. Re-discovering any old album that you didn't initially care for, but some years later, it's not so bad. And with that out of the way, I give you...

Rob Halford's Two project. Or 2wo if you prefer.

Released back in '98 when bands like Nine Inch Nails, Filter and Marylin Manson were getting all the attention by bringing industrial-tinged metal to the masses and plain old heavy metal was a dirty word. Rob wanted to try something different and new. And I hated it. It just didn't feel right.

I brought Voyuers out of mothballs this week to give it a fresh spin and decide if it was going to be put on the auction block with some other cds. But guess what? I'm actually digging it. It sounds better to me than I remember. Sure, it's not the traditional metal he's known for, but as a side-project, it works. It's different, but it works.

Will it become a regular player for me? Probably not. I'm still not much of an industrial-metal fan. But when the mood hits, this album will get more spins that it has in the last 10 or so years.

The video for 'I Am A Pig' is pretty nsfw-ish in a weird sex dungeon sorta way, so here's a different song for you to criticize...

PostSubject: Re: I Re-discovered this album today ...   I Re-discovered this album today ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Re-discovered this album today ...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next