Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Empty
PostSubject: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:35 pm

In Pittsburgh on union business. Not at all familiar with the area but we are staying at the Sheraton near USW HEADQUARTERS. Any vinyl stores nearby?

Last edited by mikeinfla on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Jerry's Records
2136 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 421-4533

Never been there myself but I here it's fantastic. I believe Withfinder has been to it so he can give you a better idea on them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 pm

You also may want to try this one : http://atticrecordstoreinc.com/

Another one I've never been to and it's just a couple miles down the road from my workplace.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Boooo Penguins!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
In Pittsburgh on union business. Not at all familiar with the area but we are staying at the Sheraton near USW HEADQUARTERS. ANY STORES NEARBY?

As 007 said, go to Jerry's Records immediately, if not sooner.  I know you're a vinyl guy and they have millions of records.  They have a very good metal section also.

Eide's Entertainment in the Strip District is supposed to be good as well. I have never been there, but it's not that far from your location.

1121 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

http://www.eides.com/
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
In Pittsburgh on union business. Not at all familiar with the area but we are staying at the Sheraton near USW HEADQUARTERS. ANY STORES NEARBY?

As 007 said, go to Jerry's Records immediately, if not sooner.  I know you're a vinyl guy and they have millions of records.  They have a very good metal section also.

Eide's Entertainment in the Strip District is supposed to be good as well.  I have never been there, but it's not that far from your location.

1121 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

http://www.eides.com/

I was at Eide's years ago (like 1990 or so) and remember it being a cool place. Sadly I was pretty much broke at the time and was just checking things out with friends who were there for whatever. The one thing that stands out in my mind was finding that Hard To Believe KISS comp (with Nirvana) and noticing that it was full of bands I had never heard of.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Again I have no idea where I am but will check some stuff out. Surely something is in walking distance. Today is my only free day. I'll be in meetings tomorrow then back home Friday. And yes. BOO PENGUINS! Might try and catch the Pirates tonight but I'm already tired from waking up at 3:30am to fly up here.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Damn! I'm on foot both about 5-6 miles away too far to walk. I hate being in a big town and missing out on vinyl stores that are good. Especially since there isn't a single one in Panama City.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 pm

One of you guys needs to pick me up and drive me to Jerry's!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Eides might be close to you (not sure where you are) because it's very close to downtown.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Sheraton Station Square Hotel. I looked up directions of Edie's and looks like there is an on ramp to get on. Too much trouble on foot! But I can ask in the lobby too.

Seriously, if someone will take me I'm game!

Last edited by mikeinfla on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Sorry dude. Any other day and I would have been game. I have to get straight home today after work.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 pm

I made my way to Eide's. very cool place but I was like an 8 year old kid who gets too many toys at Christmas and ends up not knowing what to play with. Living in a small town with not a single record store is a bummer. So coming to a big city that has several huge vinyl stores is overwhelming. I did pick up 2 or 3 albums and walk around with them and intended on buying them. But then I remembered all I brought with me was a backpack and there was no way albums would fit in it. So while I enjoyed looking around I left empty handed. And that's ok.

Something else I noticed is this ISN'T Mayberry. Living in the Deep South, when you walk down the street you look people in the eye and speak to them. It wasn't like that today, no one would make eye contact with me and people just weren't very friendly when I asked where something was. So I started asking cops. There were plenty of cops around. Saw some guy get arrested on the street. He was yelling and causing a scene. I kept walking and didnt stop to watch like everyone else. But I had an enjoyable experience just walking around. I think Eide's was about 2 miles from my hotel. Wish I had a little more time here. We talked about going to see The Pirates tonight. Would be nice to catch a game.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Walked to Eide's again today. This time picked some up.

Van Halen OU812
Tommy Shaw - Ambition
Styx - Crystal Ball
Triumph - Just A Game & R&R Machine
Bad Co - Dangerous Age
David Lee Roth - Skyscraper

Tons more but didnt want to spend too much time or money there! Was a very cool store.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I gotta get around to going back there one of these days.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm

As I was walking down Liberty a guy stopped me and asked if I had vinyl in the bag I said yeah. He said I was about a block away from a place called The Record Exchange. I decided not to go because I want to travel as light as possible going back home. And I would've spent even more money so I decided just to come back to the hotel. Wanted to catch a Pirates game but they are off tonight.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 pm

There are a ton of Exchanges around here. I never been to the ones downtown (been by them several times) but I can't remember ever noticing vinyl in the one I frequent. But then again,I'm not a vinyl collector so I never actively looked for them.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

A friend of mine said theres a bunch of record shops all on this one street. Its like store after store but he never could remember where they exactly where. Anyone have any ideas? Not that I'm going there any time soon but if I do I'd like to find out. I tried searching online but couldn't find anything.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 am

I have to say I have enjoyed my time in Pittsburgh. We finished up tonight by going to a place called Blush's. me being a married middle aged dude had no IDEA where we were going I was just along for the ride. Boy did I get the shock of my life tonight. Not something I do but I have to say I enjoyed the scenery Wink
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
A friend of mine said theres a bunch of record shops all on this one street. Its like store after store but he never could remember where they exactly where. Anyone have any ideas? Not that I'm going there any time soon but if I do I'd like to find out. I tried searching online but couldn't find anything.

No idea. In fact, this is the first I've heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 am

mikeinfla wrote:
I have to say I have enjoyed my time in Pittsburgh. We finished up tonight by going to a place called Blush's. me being a married middle aged dude had no IDEA where we were going I was just along for the ride. Boy did I get the shock of my life tonight. Not something I do but I have to say I enjoyed the scenery Wink

Glad to hear you had a good time in PGH. Sorry would couldn't meet up this time, but if you ever come back we'll try and meet up and I'll take you over to Jerry's Records.

Blush! Ha!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:15 am

I wonder if he means on the Southside. There's a street called East Carson St. and there are a couple of record shops on that street along with many, many restaurants. Those record shops are kind of okay, but nothing special. I went over there during Record Store Day in 2013, but it wasn't really worth it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am

mikeinfla wrote:

My company was doing business with the CAPA School (right next door to Blush) not too long ago and I was left with the van outside while my co-worker went inside to get their loading dock open for us. While I was standing there, a side door to Blush opened up and a gorgeous blonde steps out with a huge dude I can only assume was her bodyguard. She may have been a known talent in the adult industry but I hava no idea who she was.

Witchfinder wrote:

I wonder if he means on the Southside.  There's a street called East Carson St. and there are a couple of record shops on that street along with many, many restaurants. Those record shops are kind of okay, but nothing special.  I went over there during Record Store Day in 2013, but it wasn't really worth it.  

I've been over on E Carson but never really noticed any stores but I guess I just missed them.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:16 pm

I might be back in Sept. if so I'll give you a heads up. I'll be on foot again because we'll be flying in from Florida.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I wonder if he means on the Southside.  There's a street called East Carson St. and there are a couple of record shops on that street along with many, many restaurants. Those record shops are kind of okay, but nothing special.  I went over there during Record Store Day in 2013, but it wasn't really worth it.  

Guess I'll never find out. I stopped talking to my friend a few months ago. Oh well haha

PostSubject: Re: In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?   In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In pittsburgh PA any vinyl stores?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next