Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Empty
PostSubject: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Currently at Primanti Brothers. About a block or two from my hotel. Hope to hit one of the used record stores before Friday. Would love to make it to Jerry's but would probably have to catch a cab and those are expensive.

Glad to be here I love this city!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Are you going to hit PNC Park? Go see my Cardinals play! From the pictures on TV that's one of the most beautiful baseball parks around. Wish it had been there when I visited my former college roommate years ago. We were stuck watching the Cardinals and Pirates play at Three Rivers Stadium which was a cookie cutter park just like Philadelphia and St. Louis so it looked exactly like stadiums I was familiar with.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:06 am

We are planning on it if time allows however one of our guys has too much southern blood and says its too cold. Currently 25 and light snow and absolutely NOT Florida weather. They play at 6:05 and we may go. We went in 2014 the last time we were here and they played the cards then too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:06 am

You could try the Exchange. There's one on Liberty Ave and one on Smithfield St (not sure which one would be closer to where you're staying). I don't know if they have what you'd be looking for either, if you're only interested in vinyl. Anytime I go to them I only check out their cd section.

There's also Eide's Entertainment on Penn Ave. Although I haven't been there in a long time, they have a great selection.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 am

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Yes Eide's is awesome I went there last time we were here. Two problems tho: our conference with USW runs into the night tonight and I am not properly dressed . Wasn't expecting this kind of weather for the 2 miles walk to Eide's. Currently at the Weston but staying at Windgate (I think). Again I love this city.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:22 pm

how was Primanti Bros? Id love to try them
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Addy wrote:
how was Primanti Bros? Id love to try them

I always thought they were over rated myself. But I'm also told I need to go to the original one. The Primanti's I ate was at a Pirate game.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Primanti's is god awful. Imagine a soggy sandwich full of flavorless meat, slaw and fries. I was very disappointed after I ate there.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Primanti's is god awful. Imagine a soggy sandwich full of flavorless meat, slaw and fries.  I was very disappointed after I ate there.

Exactly and that's why we love it!! Smile we go once every time we come here.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:49 am

When they were on Man Vs Food it looked pretty damn good to me, If ever in the area i plan to try them but sucks they get bad reviews
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:47 am

I've lived in this area my entire life and have never been to Jerry's. Is it vinyl only there ?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 am

007 wrote:
I've lived in this area my entire life and have never been to Jerry's. Is it vinyl only there ?

Yes. It's only used vinyl.

In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores About2
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:41 am

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Yes.  It's only used vinyl.  

That's an impressive looking stock !
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:46 am

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Yes.  It's only used vinyl.  

That's an impressive looking stock !

It's crazy in there. I have scored all sorts of nice stuff for cheap. The most I've paid is $7 for a still sealed double album.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Doesn't look like I'll get to make it this trip. My group wants to go see the Pirates so we will prob go there. Rain tomorrow so not gonna venture too far on foot.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 4:20 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Rain tomorrow so not gonna venture too far on foot.

Rain in Pittsburgh? Say it ain't so.

Have fun at the Bucco game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Should have gone to last night's game. That was a good one (even though my birds lost).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:21 am

Great seats!! Was a lot of fun!

In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores IMG_20160406_190857
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:50 am

Went to the Hard Rock while we were there. Kind of small but my daughter wanted a shirt so we had lunch there on Thursday. I did notice a poster for an upcoming show of Faster P*ssycat and I wondered where they were going to set up and play.... And I wondered how many people it will actually draw.

Would like to see Gene The Werewolf sometime when I am there. Love their stuff.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:51 am

Test:

Faster p*ssy Cat
Faster P*ssycat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:51 am

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores   In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Pittsburgh hope to hit one of the record stores
Page 1 of 1