Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Stores In Pittsburgh?

Go down 
+4
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Empty
PostSubject: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm

It appears likely that I will be moving to Pittsburgh this year. The soon to be Mrs Witchfinder demands it. That being the case, are there any good record stores in PGH other than Jerry's? I have been to Jerry's many times but nowhere else. Also, do they get many metal shows up in that neck of the woods?

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:00 pm

I was in a killer record shop in Pittsburgh a few years ago. I don't recall the name though, so I don't know where it is or if it even exists anymore. I realize that information is of no help to you whatsoever, but I just wanted to say that I've been to a music shop in Pittsburgh once. Once.

On that same trip, I was also in a scary, sleazy strip club in the basement of someone's house. I thought I might die that night. I didn't.

Ate at a real good Italian restaurant too. Whose name escapes me at the moment.

Have fun in Pittsburgh. Why in God's name are you moving to Pittsburgh?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I think another member here lives in Pittsburgh. 007 maybe?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I live in the area but don't know too many record stores in Pittsburgh (I've never even been to Jerry's). I always hit up the Exchange and CD Warehouse in Monroeville and the Cd Warehouse in Greensburg. The Cd Warehouses are both hit or miss;sometimes they have good stuff but other times.....

I've never been to it,but I have read good things about Attic Records in Millvale. I gotta check it out sometime because it's not far from my work.

As for metal shows, I'd say no. I haven't been into that scene for a long time though so maybe I've missed out on some good ones. Wish I could help you out better but that's just about all I got.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was in a killer record shop in Pittsburgh a few years ago. I don't recall the name though, so I don't know where it is or if it even exists anymore. I realize that information is of no help to you whatsoever, but I just wanted to say that I've been to a music shop in Pittsburgh once. Once.

On that same trip, I was also in a scary, sleazy strip club in the basement of someone's house. I thought I might die that night. I didn't.

Note to self: Avoid Pittsburgh's basement strip clubs. lol!

Another note to self: Avoid trips to Pittsburgh with MG71 as they might result in my death.

I am moving to Pittsburgh because my Fiance lives there and moving is not an option for her. It's no problem for me to move, so I will be the one moving.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm

007 wrote:
I live in the area but don't know too many record stores in Pittsburgh (I've never even been to Jerry's). I always hit up the Exchange and CD Warehouse in Monroeville and the Cd Warehouse in Greensburg. The Cd Warehouses are both hit or miss;sometimes they have good stuff but other times.....

I've never been to it,but I have read good things about Attic Records in Millvale. I gotta check it out sometime because it's not far from my work.

As for metal shows, I'd say no. I haven't been into that scene for a long time though so maybe I've missed out on some good ones. Wish I could help you out better but that's just about all I got.

Okay, thank you sir. It sounds about the same as Cincinnati - few shows and hardly any record stores.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think another member here lives in Pittsburgh. 007 maybe?

You are correct,sir ! (well ... near Pittsburgh anyhow)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Note to self: Avoid Pittsburgh's basement strip clubs. lol!

Another note to self: Avoid trips to Pittsburgh with MG71 as they might result in my death.

I am moving to Pittsburgh because my Fiance lives there and moving is not an option for her. It's no problem for me to move, so I will be the one moving.

Now that is true love. Laughing I was only there a few days for a work trip. Heinz Stadium was real nice.

And just to clairfy, I only felt that my life and well-being was being threatened the night in the strip-club basement. Not in the city of Pittsburgh itself. I'm sure it's a fine town.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you moving to ?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:44 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you moving to ?

Squirrel Hill.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm

So, you found your Witch in Pittsburgh then silent

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Okay, thank you sir. It sounds about the same as Cincinnati - few shows and hardly any record stores.

I hear the living dead walk the halls of Monroeville Mall......
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
So, you found your Witch in Pittsburgh then silent

Indeed! She's a good witch though, so that helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep. Who doesn't want to live in zombie central?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep. Who doesn't want to live in zombie central?

those of us in Redneckville

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:14 am

Check out the podcast Iron City Rocks on iTunes

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ironcityrocks?fref=ts

The host, John (I can never remember his last name) and Aaron do their podcast about the Pittsburgh music scene with a heavy focus on Metal. The FB page is very active and they are posting links to shows quite a bit. I am in Oregon bu I like the podcast because they do Artist interviews to help pimp the shows. They would definitely be able to help a brother out as they manage the FB page themselves.
Back to top Go down
trock67
Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 am

I just saw this. I see that 007 mentioned them, but The Attic in Millvale is my favorite record store in Pittsburgh. They don't have the quantity that Jerry's has, but they have tons of good stuff. Plus for me, it's close to where I live. Great guys that run the place, if they don't have it, they'll get it for you. Oh, and there's Dave's Music Mine in Oakland and in the Southside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Stores In Pittsburgh?   Record Stores In Pittsburgh? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Stores In Pittsburgh?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: