Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

British Thrash Metal

Go down 
+8
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
sovdat
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Headbanger Man
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

British Thrash Metal Empty
PostSubject: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm

In the "peak" of the Thrash Metal explosion back in late 80´s early 90´s there where some really interesting bands from England and U.K. altought very few of them released more than 2 albums. stuff like Xentrix , Acid Reign , Amnesia , D.A.M , Cerebral Fix , Onslaught , Deathwish and many more ...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Metal in general has kind of been in life support in UK since the 80's. Not just thrash.

I think the closest thing to a new British heavy metal band breaking through to the mainstream and reaching stardom has been the Darkness.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:23 pm

I´d go with Dragonforce ...
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Seventh Angel and Detritus are who I think of for British thrash.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:47 am

These guys are good

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 am

WARPATH and SEVENTH ANGEL are the only ones I enjoy at all.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 am

SABBAT were easily the best, especially on Dreamweaver album, and one of few that had their own style. I also like ONSLAUGHT (their 2nd's the best) and XENTRIX, both copies of US bands but at least good ones - majority of UK bands sounded like 2nd rate Bay Area clones, be it D.A.M., Amnesia, Detritus ...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 am

Quote :
majority of UK bands sounded like 2nd rate Bay Area clones, be it D.A.M., Amnesia, Detritus ...

I wouldn´t agree with that. there are many bands to check from there really few a poor quality. here´s one I highly disreccomend: Re-Animator .
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:48 am

There are many which are great: Sabbat , Deathwish , Slammer , Toranaga , Hydra Vein , etc
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:59 am

I agree that Sabbat were head and shoulders above, followed by Onslaught and Seventh Angel. The others just weren't that good.

There hasn't been a mainstream U.K metal band for a long time it's true, bands like Napalm Death, Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Bullet for my Valentine, Cradle of Filth, Bring Me the Horizon and the godawful Asking Alexandria all have had some success but nothing mega. The one band that I certainly think of as hard rock that towers above the rest is Oasis.

The Darkness were truly horrible.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Oasis were truly horrible.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
Oasis were truly horrible.

Most definitely agree.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:55 pm

It doesn´t really matter where does it come from, what really matters is the quality of the music.

UK Thrash Rules !!!

Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Much more to be found there:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 pm

I have History of a Time to Come and Dreamweaver (both reissues, I got into Sabbat late), but their small back catalogue prevents them from being considered a top 10 or top 20 thrash band. For me, at least.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I agree that Sabbat were head and shoulders above, followed by Onslaught and Seventh Angel. The others just weren't that good.

Xentrix was. Shattered Existence and For Whose Advantage are both high quality melodic thrash albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Xentrix was. Shattered Existence and For Whose Advantage are both high quality melodic thrash albums.

If you enjoy them that's great. I was just giving my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

How DARE you have an opinion! I will hear of no opinions on this message board without them coinciding with mine! I am the all powerful metal god of opinions!!!!
 British Thrash Metal 82702 :cheese: insane crazy happy What a Face 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 am

I agree with DB,Xentrix are very good.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 am

I like ANIHILATED a lot, they released some cool stuff, and today they are active again. VIRUS was a cool band too and all those others you guys have named. Underrated UK THRASH METAL. The south american, USA and GERMAN bands were bigger back then. Today i like bands like EVILE or GAMA BOMB. Ahhh, about british metal, i really like ELIMINATOR. They are pure traditional heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

How DARE you have an opinion! I will hear of no opinions on this message board without them coinciding with mine! I am the all powerful metal god of opinions!!!!
 British Thrash Metal 82702 :cheese: insane crazy happy What a Face 

Sorry APMGOO. I forgot!   humble 

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 am

Xentrix were OK... kinda like a British Testament....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Onslaught and sabbat are about the only british thrash I know of, got a few albums by both bands. Heard the odd track here and there from some of the other bands mentioned on this thread but nothing blew me away. After the birth of metal in the 70's and the NWOBHM in the early to mid 80's the Uk passed on the reigns of metal. America and germany was where the best thrash was being made. It was only when death metal started peaking in the 90's did the uk offer something back to metal. Yeah the big bands were still going like priest, maiden, motorhead etc but when death metal came along the uk was back on the map. Bolt thrower, carcass, napalm death etc were good bands that held up to the American and scandanavian bands of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Thrash Metal   British Thrash Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

British Thrash Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next