Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!

Go down 
+10
Gilbert
ze_mau
Required Fields
glassprison
Leatherface
mc666
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
Chrome Locust
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:31 am

https://youtu.be/J7HDbpvwH1Y
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:10 pm

I've always loved In Search of Sanity. Haven't heard other albums, as I don't like "ordinary" thrash, and that album being more lightweit has melody and amazing voice of mr. Grimmet.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:13 pm

They are British, they are good, they are thrash and they are old!

Pretty accurate thread title
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:07 pm

I have the first 3 of their releases and like them all. Each one is in a slightly different style (which is a bit odd) but all have their merits. In Search Of Sanity is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:47 pm

The Force was their gem, & then they f*cked up & released In Search Of Sanity. They've gotten better since the reformation. They sound a lot like Exodus does now days, vocals & all.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19226

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 am

Great band. I personally think ISOS is a fine record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Great band.  I personally think ISOS is a fine record.
It's not a bad album song wise. It just wasn't the raw thrash sound that people wanted from them at the time. Way too polished & commercial sounding.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm

mc666 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Great band.  I personally think ISOS is a fine record.
It's not a bad album song wise. It just wasn't the raw thrash sound that people wanted from them at the time. Way too polished & commercial sounding.

Agreed, the songs were really good, as I have said in another thread, I heard them as rough demos with Sy singing and they were a lot better than the finished record. Considering London Records were having great success with Slayer, I have no idea why they wanted to turn Onslaught into something they were not!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I just remember them being a low-rent Slayer clone, haven't heard them since the 80s.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
I just remember them being a low-rent Slayer clone
Pretty much Hell Awaits era (except ISoS), but they still had some great songs. Especially on The Force. Now they are modern Exodus clones... still they have some great songs. Nige is a great guitarist.

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Finally a thrash show I'll be able to see this year:

10/28: Onslaught with Artillery and Striker!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Wow ! Sounds like a good show.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 pm

I have sum 4 of their albums, but I still didn´t have the chance to listen to the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 11:57 am

Picked up the force earlier today. After a first spin it sounds excellent. Any fans of this album?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Picked up the force earlier today. After a first spin it sounds excellent.  Any fans of this album?
It's my favorite album of theirs. I picked up a first press vinyl about a year ago for twenty bucks in nm condition. The store owner had it on the shelf for fifty, and I lied and told him I found one on eBay for twenty five. He dropped it down to twenty and Said he'd rather sell it that look at it for another year. Great album though, I had it years ago when it was a brand new first press l.p. and lost it somewhere along the way.

Power From Hell is another great album, if you don't have it and liked The Force, then you'll like that one as well. Only other album I have of theirs is VI, which I liked also, but nothing like the old stuff.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Picked up the force earlier today. After a first spin it sounds excellent.  Any fans of this album?

The Force is a fantastic album, the best thing that they did IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

The Force is a fantastic album, the best thing that they did IMHO.

I've always thought so but after listening to the first two recently, I think that I prefer Power From Hell, it's a bit less Slayer clonery and I dig the punk vibe.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 pm

How about the sound of violence? I am willing to check that one too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 10:57 am

Gilbert wrote:

It's generally considered their best work & I agree.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:
How about the sound of violence? I am willing to check that one too.

Be willing to check all of it out. I have my favourites but Onslaught haven't made a BAD record ever.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm bad about liking pretty much 95% of anything thrash/speed/black/power/death metal, so yeah, I like Onslaught too and am looking forward to their latest, though that youtube video as been yanked.....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 am

I still have yet to hear anything released after In Search Of Sanity.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 pm

007 wrote:

Their latest album is highly recommended  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Their latest album is highly recommended  headbanger

Oh yeah. It, and the others, are on my vast want list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!   Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onslaught - good old British thrash!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next