Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?

Go down 
+21
Temple of Blood
bass63
manny
nevermore
Runicen
iamrockerfun
Wayne
assault_attack
80s Metal Lady
Citanul
mikeinfla
Eyesore
brokentulsa
Glower
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
glassprison
Required Fields
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 pm

The Sex Pistols at Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, USA, one of the funniest and funniest shows I had ever witnessed

Saw the Status Quo in some mud fest in UK back in 1996, heard of them, but never heard them. I knew none of the songs, but as soon as they came on the place exploded, like they were conquering heroes. Amazing, since no one has heard of these guys in the States. Still not much of a fan but cannot deny the fan reaction.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 am

nevermore wrote:

Attending Maryland Deathfest back in May was also a great experience too!!

Technically that was an out of state show for me too..... But I live close enough that it's only a 70 minute drive to Baltimore
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:25 pm

In June of 87 I was living in Norfolk Nebraska. I went to the Texxas Jam in Dallas Texas. I saw Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Tesla, Poison & Farrenhiet. Long trip but well worth it. Even though I thought Boston sucked.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Classic Metal Fest in Kalamazoo, Michigan 2001

AGENT STEEL, EXCITER, CAGE, DESTINY'S END, ANVIL, CAULDRON BORN, OCTOBER 31, DECEASED, VICIOUS RUMORS, HADES, NEW EDEN, ABATTOIR, JACOB'S DREAM, OMEN, MANILLA ROAD, and probably others I am forgetting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 am

A few years ago, the wife and I took a ride down to Baltimore for a weekend getaway. That night in the harbor area, Huey Lewis & The News were playing in the local amphitheater. We discovered that if you go around to the side and sit on the wall of the canal, we could see most of the stage and hear everything just fine. We watched the last hour or so of the show for free. Knew practically every song too.

Years before that, on vacation with my friends in Virginia Beach, we saw Warrant play in some small crappy bar. It was the late 90's and hair bands were on the out. Fun show though. We also got to annoy the guitarist and bass player with stupid fan-boy questions as they hung at the bar trying to pick up some chicks.  Razz 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Cornerstone Festival in 1989 & 1990.....

Having seen Vengeance (Rising) many times in California when the played at CStone for the first time in 1990 it was AMAZING..... The people there went absolutely apepoop.....

I remember when they played Ascension they had a skateboarding acrobat on stage at the same time... it was nuts..... and a good time was had by all....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A few years ago, the wife and I took a ride down to Baltimore for a weekend getaway. That night in the harbor area, Huey Lewis & The News were playing in the local amphitheater. We discovered that if you go around to the side and sit on the wall of the canal, we could see most of the stage and hear everything just fine. We watched the last hour or so of the show for free. Knew practically every song too.

Years before that, on vacation with my friends in Virginia Beach, we saw Warrant play in some small crappy bar. It was the late 90's and hair bands were on the out. Fun show though. We also got to annoy the guitarist and bass player with stupid fan-boy questions as they hung at the bar trying to pick up some chicks.  Razz 

Different thread, but that Balt venue is were I saw Weird Al... much smaller pavilion than Merriweather Post Pavilion, which is in nearby Columbia, MD and considered that area's outdoor amphitheater. Priest is playing Pier 6 Pavilion in Oct.....

Do you remember the name of the dive bar you saw Warrant play?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 pm

No idea. This was probably back in '96 or '97 if I had to guess. I might have a ticket stub from the show. I'd have to visit the West Wing Archives of the MetalGuy Estate to check.

I remember being so jazzed. We got into town on a Saturday or Sunday and was just driving around when we saw the bar marquee "This Thursday - Warrant". We pulled over and went in asking if tickets were still available for the show. The bored bartender just kinda looked at us, rolled her eyes and said something like "Yea, you can get them day of show. We have plenty".  lol! 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Only show I've seen out of Cali is Dream Theater at the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas with Dweezil Zappa, Bigelf, and Vertical Horizon opening. I was already a fan of Zappa jr, Bigelf and Vertical blew me away. The DT set was great because they brought in a couple of numbers that they rarely play live including the Mind Beside Itself trilogy, and they did Metropolis in its entirety. All things considered, however, there was something boring about their set at the same time, like I'd hear a few bars, get pumped, sing along, and then wait for the next song/piece. I think I was just getting burnt out on DT and their recent album at that time, Systematic Chaos, was the first disappointment I had heard from them ever.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Do you remember the name of the dive bar you saw Warrant play?

I saw The Fixx at the Funk Box [I still have the flyer framed! haha] which, if I remember right, is also by the waterfront. Tiny place. Is it still around?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 pm

The first KISS reunion show in Toronto. Was really a great show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?   Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolest show you have seen outside of your state/country?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2