Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another new Nugent song

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
Glower
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mikeinfla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Another new Nugent song Empty
PostSubject: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:45 am

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:39 am

awful.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 am

Never been much of a fan anyways.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:37 am

Well, he's not a animal activist.
He still play - but this is silly - unless your high and drunk -
and can find some hidden meaning in this -
red-neck rock ? Moonshiner ? I thought he doesn't drink or smoke ??
Like Gene and Paul - of KISS ( Hendrix offer Ted a hit of a joint, Ted laughed at him )
He was my first concert, way back when - 1976 or so - wild concert - him yacking it up -
I remember he said, "I cant stand Reo FAGwagon " - cheers - guitar riff
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

This is an old novelty song that Nugent recorded. Not sure why he felt the need to resurrect it for this record.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Yeah, most of the time novelty songs are just mediocre, there's a few I like(Danger Danger "Yeah You Want It!" and Great White "Wasted Rock Ranger"), but this song isn't one of them, it's just plain bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
This is an old novelty song that Nugent recorded. Not sure why he felt the need to resurrect it for this record.

Lack of ideas ?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:33 am

I can't wait to see the outcome of this thread!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:50 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I can't wait to see the outcome of this thread!

Hopefully the parties involved in the shutdown (yes I realize I contributed to the chaos myself) have learned their lesson on taking dissension too far. I always liked what Spectrefate (someone who is on the opposite side of me as far as politics) said about staying away from politics and religion. I can't remember exactly but it was along the lines of, there is enough stuff out there to divide us without us having to make it more so.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 am

St. Holmes on vocals here

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:07 am

He's a great vocalist. I really think some of Nugent's albums like Weekend Warriors, State of Shock, etc. would have been even better if St.Holmes would have still been singing for him.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
He's a great vocalist. I really think some of Nugent's albums like Weekend Warriors, State of Shock, etc. would have been even better if St.Holmes would have still been singing for him.
Agreed, Brian Howe was also a great vocalist on Penetrator, too bad he didn't last for more then one album.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Agreed, Brian Howe was also a great vocalist on Penetrator, too bad he didn't last for more then one album.

I also enjoyed Brian in Bad Company (even tho it really wasn't Bad Co and even Mick & Simon thought it should have a different name but the record company wanted it called Bad Co).

I love the Brian led tune Tied Up from Penatrator.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Tied Up in Love is a cool song. Penetrator is just odd in that it doesn't sound like a Nugent album. It's too squeaky clean and lacks an edge.

PostSubject: Re: Another new Nugent song   Another new Nugent song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new Nugent song
Page 1 of 1