Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album

Go down 
+22
brokentulsa
Vexer6
bass63
Lurideath
mlotek
Boris2008
Eyesore
mikeinfla
BillRoxx
DeathCult
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
glassprison
Glower
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 am

^^ That aired on Showtime, right? I don't get that channel. Sad Hoping it lands on Netflix at some point cuz I'd still like to see it, even if it's a train wreck.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 am

Yea, it was on Showtime. I'm assuming Frankie's director girlfriend had to blow a few executives to get a premier on there. It's worth a viewing, but it's not like it's gonna have a huge return in dvd sales or boost the band's name back into the spotlight.

Ever since that Anvil doc took everyone by storm, every coulda-shoulda-woulda bands have tried their hands at this with varying degrees of success. This is one that failed in my opinion.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:10 am

Quote :
Ever since that Anvil doc took everyone by storm, every coulda-shoulda-woulda bands have tried their hands at this with varying degrees of success. This is one that failed in my opinion.

Oh yeah, they're like mushrooms. Just this week I read that Y&T started a Kickstarter page to fund a documentary of their own.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:45 pm

But Y&T is better than both Anvil AND Quiet Riot.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
But Y&T is better than both Anvil AND Quiet Riot.

By far.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Sounds like an interesting documentary and i'll definitely see it at some point, if you want more detail on the band's early years then you should watch their Behind The Music episode on Youtube.

I for one think it's a good thing that all these bands are interested in doing documentaries, I personally find it very fascinating, Y&T is definitely a band whose history i'd like to see detailed. I'd also love to see documentaries on other bands that were never featured on Behind the Music like Van Halen, Scorpions(there is a documentary but it's in German with no English subtitles, too bad), Whitesnake, Slayer, Triumph, Helix, Tesla, Cinderella, Great White, etc.

I don't think Frankie's girlfriend had to "blow" anyone to get it on Showtime(and I find that kind of talk to be rather offensive), Quiet Riot were a pretty successful band, so there was definitely an audience for this doc.

P.S. Did this doc mention anything about Frankie's mom dying from cancer? That was a pretty big of the BTM episode, and i'd be quite shocked if that was never brought up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

I don't think Frankie's girlfriend had to "blow" anyone to get it on Showtime(and I find that kind of talk to be rather offensive), Quiet Riot were a pretty successful band, so there was definitely an audience for this doc.

P.S. Did this doc mention anything about Frankie's mom dying from cancer?  That was a pretty big of the BTM episode, and i'd be quite shocked if that was never brought up.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Maybe it was just a couple of handjobs in the men's room.

And yea, Frankie's mom dying was mentioned. No way he was gonna let that slip past anyone. More chance for him to cry into the camera. He lost his mom, Kevin, his first wife, a dog, a friend's cousin's sister from high school and a few goldfish too I think. Those last few might have been fever dreams though. He did alot of coke.

I don't question that there's an audience for these types of docs. I'll watch every one of them. I don't know squat about Y&T, but hell yea, I'll watch their story. I don't like the Clash, but I liked their recent doc I saw on HBO. Just like anything else, some are good and some aren't. This one wasn't.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

P.S. Did this doc mention anything about Frankie's mom dying from cancer?  That was a pretty big of the BTM episode, and i'd be quite shocked if that was never brought up.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Maybe it was just a couple of handjobs in the men's room.

And yea, Frankie's mom dying was mentioned. No way he was gonna let that slip past anyone. More chance for him to cry into the camera. He lost his mom, Kevin, his first wife, a dog, a friend's cousin's sister from high school and a few goldfish too I think. Those last few might have been fever dreams though. He did alot of coke.

I don't question that there's an audience for these types of docs. I'll watch every one of them. I don't know squat about Y&T, but hell yea, I'll watch their story. I don't like the Clash, but I liked their recent doc I saw on HBO. Just like anything else, some are good and some aren't. This one wasn't.
Have you seen the Rush documentary? That was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, it was on Showtime. I'm assuming Frankie's director girlfriend had to blow a few executives to get a premier on there. It's worth a viewing, but it's not like it's gonna have a huge return in dvd sales or boost the band's name back into the spotlight.

Sadly this could have been an interesting documentary, a behind scenes look at the record label shenigans, the Randy Rhoads era, going from riches to rags and how they became one of the biggest bands in the world and blew it down the can.

Frankie's is a good drummer, but he is not Quiet Riot, Quiet Riot was a good band, not a great band that fits the timeframe they thrived in
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Have you seen the Rush documentary?  That was pretty good.

Yup. That's another one where I'm not that big of a fan, but the doc was very well done and interesting. 'Last Days Here' about Pentagram's lead singer is highly recommended too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm

"Last Daze Here" was tough to watch at times (that guy was a friggin' mess!) but it was a gteat doc. So was "A Band Called Death"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 3:56 pm

manny wrote:

Sadly this could have been an interesting documentary, a behind scenes look at the record label shenigans, the Randy Rhoads era, going from riches to rags and how they became one of the biggest bands in the world and blew it down the can.

Yea, I think that's where it kinda missed the mark. It wasn't so much as a doc on the band as it was Frankie's quest to get back on top. I know more about Frankie and his love of Asian culture than what the band did or didn't do.

Carlos refused to participate. Why? Was their bad blood? Did he not want to be bothered? Who knows? It's never addressed till the end with a little note "Calls to Carlos were not returned". The guy that played guitar on their biggest album and he's not in it? Oh, but I got to see Frankie dressed as a samurai and chop a stick in half with a sword.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Quiet Riot Behind The Music was cool and always hoped there would be something even more in-depth.
Guess the latest documentary isn't it

I still have to get this -
http://www.redmatchproductions.com/Reviews.html
https://www.facebook.com/notes/randy-rhoads-society/quiet-riot-the-randy-rhoads-years-bookdvd-review/10151381604546678
http://www.examiner.com/article/q-a-randy-rhoads-legacy-comes-to-life-director-ron-sobol-s-dvd?cid=db_articles

but can't afford it right now.
There are complete bootleg concerts (audio or video) out there of Randy Rhoads with Quiet Riot, even on YouTube now if you don't mind poorer quality.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

So over the weekend, I was able to watch the first 10 or 15 minutes of this doc that I missed the first time around. While my initial review might have seemed kinda harsh, I still stand by it. What is more clear now though, it that this isn't a documentary of Quiet Riot. This is a documentary about Frankie and Kevin's love for one another (as brothers, not gay), Frankie losing his best friend and then trying to cope with it ever since.

If you watch this with that in mind, it makes a little more sense. It's still kinda bad and depressing but worth a look.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So over the weekend, I was able to watch the first 10 or 15 minutes of this doc that I missed the first time around. While my initial review might have seemed kinda harsh, I still stand by it. What is more clear now though, it that this isn't a documentary of Quiet Riot. This is a documentary about Frankie and Kevin's love for one another (as brothers, not gay), Frankie losing his best friend and then trying to cope with it ever since.

If you watch this with that in mind, it makes a little more sense. It's still kinda bad and depressing but worth a look.
Yeah that makes sense, I recently read Bobby Blotzer's autobiography, and he details how Ratt had sort of a feud with Quiet Riot, Frankie in particular he did not get alone with, though that all changed with Kevin's death, Bobby talks about it devastated Frankie and how they finally decided to bury the hatchet once and for fall.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Quiet Riot "10" - Well the production is terrible and I'm talking about the new songs & live Kevin songs. Very disappointing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:43 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Frankie's is a good drummer, but he is not Quiet Riot, Quiet Riot was a good band, not a great band that fits the timeframe they thrived in

I just saw this and feel pretty much the way you do manny. They're literally a sign of the times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 5:39 pm

still bummed out this album is not on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Apparently "10" has been pulled from all digital outlets and is no longer available. It was never released on cd and now the digital files are gone. Anyone know why? Not that I want it I'm just wondering why it would be pulled.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 8:18 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Just downloaded the first track. What the heck, what's 99 cents. Will play it and crank it in my truck on the way home then post about the production and sound of it on a good system. Rock In Peace is much better than I expected. Not a huge QR fan, I have the first 2 releases and haven't been interested in anything since. I really liked the last vocalist Mark Vodkun. Wonder what happened to him? I thought he did a good job at M3.

Mark Vodkun nailed it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:01 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Apparently "10" has been pulled from all digital outlets and is no longer available. It was never released on cd and now the digital files are gone. Anyone know why? Not that I want it I'm just wondering why it would be pulled.

Here you go...

Quote :
During an appearance on the July 27 edition of Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM satellite radio show, "Eddie Trunk Live", Banali was asked about the possibility of the current lineup of QUIET RIOT working on fresh material.

"I'm never gonna say 'never' about anything again, you know," he said. "I've learned a valuable and painful lesson."

He continued: "I think everybody understands the dynamics of the music industry has completely changed. So I'm not opposed to doing it, but I wanna have a good reason to put out new QUIET RIOT music, and it has to be QUIET RIOT."

The Jizzy Pearl-fronted QUIET RIOT did actually record six new songs for an album called "10", which was released digitally on iTunes and Amazon.com in June 2014, but Banali pulled the songs from both download stores shortly after putting the effort on sale and hasn't made them available again. He explained to Yahoo! Music: "I ran into two situations. First, people were illegally downloading it rampantly, and then I had some of the fans getting all upset because I didn't make physical copies. So, at the end of the day, there was zero hope of breaking even because the music was just being stolen. Forget making any profit. And after the money I had already spent to make the record and the time I spent writing, recording and mixing the material, I was not going to pour out more good money into it just to have the same outcome if I put out physical copies. So I pulled it instead."

Banali said that his decision to remove "10" from iTunes and Amazon.com was motivated in part by the fact that he couldn't find a record label that would properly promote the album. In addition, he said that the system that brought us classic rock music has been forever altered by the times and the promotional and marketing engine that is broken, no longer effectively exposing music from the labels through radio and to the masses.

"DJs today are not allowed to play anything at all," Banali said. "In the old days, we'd walk into a radio station with the new record and the DJ would play whatever he wanted. It didn't even have to be the perceived single. That's gone. So the idea of releasing a new record so you can say you're touring for a new album is an antiquated equation. It just doesn't make any sense anymore to make records. I feel badly for the real fans who want the music, but it's just not worth it."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 am

Quote :
Banali said that his decision to remove "10" from iTunes and Amazon.com was motivated in part by the fact that he couldn't find a record label that would properly promote the album.

Translation: "Nobody gave a sh*t about this album so I took my ball and went home"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:00 am

Ha, ha. Probably. And what little feedback he did get was mostly how crappy it was. Poor Frankie. Laughing

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:40 pm

While I believe part his statement, for the most part its self serving. His documentary got a horrible reception from fans and the reason it was piss poor.

Also, outside of 'Metal Health' the interest in Quiet Riot's is almost nil. They get mentioned in every documentary about the history of metal as they should, but IMO, Banali pissed away a perfect opportunity to tell the story of his band, cement his band's place in rock history and make a compelling documentary.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So apparently there is a Quiet Riot documentary coming out at the end of the month. Who knew? And it's actually being premiered on Showtime January 29th, with a dvd release in May.

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Wellnowyoureherefilm2014poster

I'll watch that.

I watched this documentary recently.

Kevin DuBrow (or as I've heard him be called, the Fred Durst of the 80s hair band scene) sure shot himself in the foot, and the rest in the band in the process, that's for sure. As a result, I felt kind of bad for the rest of the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3