Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great RNR Swindle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Great RNR Swindle Empty
PostSubject: The Great RNR Swindle   The Great RNR Swindle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Sex Pistols Reunite for One-Time Concert
Sept. 18, 2007, 10:46 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- The Sex Pistols are reuniting for a concert to mark the 30th anniversary of their only album, "Never Mind the Bollocks."
All four original members — John Lydon, Steve Jones, Paul Cook and Glen Matlock — will play a one-time concert at London's Brixton Academy on Nov. 8, the band announced Tuesday on the music Web site http://www.nme.com.
The punk pioneers, who once sang there was "No Future," split in 1978 but reformed in 1996 and played together again in 2003. Last year they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Led by sneering frontman Lydon — then known as Johnny Rotten — the Pistols shocked many Britons with raucous singles including "God Save the Queen," "Anarchy in the U.K." and "Pretty Vacant."
Released in 1977, "Never Mind the Bollocks" is now regarded as one of the most influential albums in rock history. It will be rereleased to mark the anniversary.
Bassist Sid Vicious, who replaced Matlock during the band's period of greatest notoriety and became a punk icon, died of a drug overdose in 1979.

Oh how lovely. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Great RNR Swindle   The Great RNR Swindle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Just what the world needs. Didn't they get enough the last time?

PostSubject: Re: The Great RNR Swindle   The Great RNR Swindle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 4:20 pm

I just watched Sid & Nancy last night for the 40th time. Oldman was brilliant in that one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Great RNR Swindle   The Great RNR Swindle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Never Mind the Bollocks was a great album for its time. Why they feel the need to keep flogging it 30 years later is beyond me however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great RNR Swindle   The Great RNR Swindle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great RNR Swindle
Page 1 of 1