Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Murder by Pride

Go down 
+24
Gilbert
Big Rich
Metallic Blaze
7thSaviour
Sutekh
Cliffy
Svengo
VictoryInDefiance
manny
FlyingV
Metalgiant
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
biddle
mc666
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
ultmetal
kmorg
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Stryper - Murder by Pride Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm really enjoying this disc!! It grabbed me much more than Reborn. "4 Leaf clover" might be the best Stryper tune since "In God We Trust"! Anyone else diggin' this CD?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 pm

I like this disc a lot. It combines the newer sound with the classic sounds. I welcome the return of the soaring vocals, dual guitar harmonies, guitar leads, harmonized vocals, etc.

Favorite tracks 4 Leaf Clover & Mercy Over Blame. I also like the Boston cover "Piece of Mind", I Believe, Murder By Pride and the new revamped version of My Love.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Since the albums release I have played this album so many times I almost have all the lyrics down to every song for singing along lol. It is a terrific album and will get many more plays. I really can not find a single song that I do not like, I even like the slower songs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:38 pm

GREAT album!!! I love it!!! Favorite tracks - Eclipse of the Son, 4 leaf clover, murder by pride, mercy over blame
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 pm

I really like it.It does combine elements of old and new material.I've listened to it several times since getting it.and I enjoy it more and more each time.I Love the return of the solos and the harmonized vocals.Right now my favorite tracks are The Plan,Murder by Pride,and Eclipse for the Son.Even the ballads on here are well written.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Great CD   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, I really like this CD. Unlike a lot of people, I really dug 'Reborn', however, Murder By Pride is much more Stryper-like....a bit more polished and commercial. This CD is still growing on me, but so far, my favorite track is 'Eclipse For The Son'.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

I didn't care for "Reborn" much at all and the samples I heard months ago from this didn't sound good to me.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I didn't care for "Reborn" much at all and the samples I heard months ago from this didn't sound good to me.

I'm convinced that you don't like anything.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Check the recent thread where I took up for HELLOWEEN, just for one recent example.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I said the same thing not long ago. Razz
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh yeah I like the new Stryper as well. Much better then Reborn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 pm

I said elsewhere how surprised I was by this album. At first I thought it might be because I thought Reborn was poo but after about 7-8 listens i've decided it's a great album. Too many ballads though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 pm

I thought about making a thread here, but I left a comment in the review thread for it.

Really good. I've listened to Stryper songs, but never an entire album. A lot better than I was expecting it to be. "Murder By Pride" and "4 Leaf Clover" are my faves.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I said elsewhere how surprised I was by this album. At first I thought it might be because I thought Reborn was poo but after about 7-8 listens i've decided it's a great album. Too many ballads though.

Agreed. And they aren't bad ballads, just overkill.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 pm

7thSecond wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I said the same thing not long ago. Razz

I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 pm

You're both wrong.

Not liking new STRYPER material isn't exactly something to be ashamed of. Razz
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You're both wrong.

Not liking new STRYPER material isn't exactly something to be ashamed of. Razz

It's not just Stryper you don't like, it's about 90% of the bands mentioned here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Sounds like you guys need to mention some better bands/albums then. Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 am

i liked Reborn, but i like this one better. Michael (who has always been the star of the show in my book) really shines here.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:46 am

mc666 wrote:
i liked Reborn, but i like this one better. Michael (who has always been the star of the show in my book) really shines here.

This sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 am

I wasn't real impressed. The Boston cover is weak IMO. The whole thing is sort of wimpy, melodic rock stuff. Better than Reborn but is that saying much?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Sounds like I need to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sounds like I need to pick this one up.

Yep. Top 5 album of the year for me, for sure.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 pm

This is sounding exciting!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 pm

Hey Spec!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Murder by Pride   Stryper - Murder by Pride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Murder by Pride
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: