Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roger Martinez

Go down 
+23
bgsully
Big Rich
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Glower
Thrasher73
mc666
DallasBlack
manny
Short-Fuse
DakotaRogers
Runicen
James B.
Temple of Blood
Rex
ultmetal
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Roger Martinez - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Is you Shannon Frye ? I tought you had became a satanist or atheist just like Roger.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:05 pm

IIRC, Shannon was a Christian, but has moved away from Christianity and is now an atheist. He performed with a few Christian bands, but no longer does so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:31 pm

There are many ppl out there that thinks Avenger of Blood is a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Well I am not a Christian. Those days are long past me, and in a lot of ways i'd like to forget all about that. If you believe in it, fine. I don't judge that. That is your personal belief and more power to you for that. A lot of people here I can call friends and many of you are of that faith. Some are in bands of that faith. All fine and dandy.

I post here to talk about Fkn METAL! A board where I don't get others faith bashed down my throat or criticized for something I like, or offending someone because I don't share that belief. People know I am not Christian and to me, its no big deal and shouldn't matter to anyone what any one else believes.

I still like some of the bands that share in the same faith as some here but I am just me.

Ok rant done! HAHA

As for Avenger of Blood being a Christian band.... HAHAHA. Ok listen...It had started as one yes, but we moved away from that because we didn't need to be tagged that. The 1st 2 full length albums are really just stories, and also songs about the way one would think being a normal angry person venting. The songs can be taken any way you like them to be for yourself. For example, on the 2nd album "Death Brigade" there is a song on there called 'When Will You Die'. For me that song is about someone from my past that I still loath and despise to this very day. But for others that song can mean something completely different. On the 1st album "Complete Annihilation", there is a song called 'Where the Pictures Lie' and that is actually a story about a serial killer who after death is locked in a room for eternity to have the photos of all his victims staring back smiling and making him entirely miserable. Sort of like his version of Hell so to say.

If you were to see the icon I had on here for awhile which was our "Spawn of Evil" release, you would clearly see the band was not Christian. Though people kept quiet about it because it either didn't offend them, they never really noticed it, or just thought something different.

I still see people saying we were that type of band and it does frustrate me a lot. I don't get why that is so important to some people. What's wrong with a band just being a band?

The only releases that was Christian based was when Eric made his very 1st demo, and 2 songs on Demo 2003.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Great to hear from you bro. I´m NOT Christian. I moved from the evangelical thing to New Age Spiritualism. some people call me "Christian" because I actually believe Jesus was A god. among other (gods).
And because I still like the Xtian bands.

Well the thing with a band being "just a band" is pretty true. There are even ( I´m NOT saying its your case ) Christian bands that DON´T LIKE to be called "christian" or "gospel" because they don´t want to limit their music.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Lurideath wrote:
Its way too damn complicated to get into. Lets just say there is a bit of EVERYTHING into why he left. I still highly respect him and will not put him down in any way.

That's cool man,I respect that.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:
Vengeance Rising was a band I had heard of but never actually heard. I kept reading a lot of praise for them ,mainly on this site, and figured I had to check them out. I was not impressed. Can't quite figure out what the big deal was over them.

Depends which album you heard. You'll hear lots of praise for the first two records, and much disdain for the second two when it was basically Roger's solo band.

You also have to remember that hearing their music for the first time in 2014 is quite different than hearing something that extreme and heavy in 1987/1988. Roger's voice was manic as the time. Larry's guitar playing was and still is fantastic. He's a great musician whether it be thrash, rock, blues, or whatever.

Exactly.

This reminds me of reading many posts on facebook since 2007 and other forums, where youngsters do not care and feel nothing for 1980s Metallica or Slayer and other classic thrash and say they are over rated.
These guys' first metal bands they listened to were faster and noisier , (eg. Napalm death,  Darkthrone) and so, they don't feel and understand the excitement of bands being faster or heavier than regular heavy metal.
This also may explain why those losers in charge of "metal archives" have deleted many NWOBHM and real metal bands from their website.
They just don't get it, so they are attempting to re-write metal history to fit their perspective.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Looks like someone posted VR's "No Budget" homevid on YouTube...isn't this tape like the Holy Grail of VR memorabilia?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Looks like someone posted VR's "No Budget" homevid on YouTube...isn't this tape like the Holy Grail of VR memorabilia?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnp0esGfzxU
maybe somebody took the upload I once shared on Guitars101.com and then re-uploaded it to there.

I hardly ever share on youtube anymore, after too many videos were yanked ,
or other users grabbed mine and re-uploaded on their youtube channels.

Made me suspicious theirs (taken from me) were left alone but then mine were pulled.
One of the reasons I refuse to share any more videos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger Martinez   Roger Martinez - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roger Martinez
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3