Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet

Go down 
+23
chewie
manny
DallasBlack
Lovecraft
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
jstate
mikeinfla
glassprison
Leatherface
Citanul
krokus
mlotek
mc666
Runicen
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Hadley
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:17 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Mmmm...nope, I've never had this experience. Whenever I buy any new CDs I make time to listen to them as soon as possible.

I've been that way since I was a kid, running home from the store with a brand-new cassette in my pocket... I would immediately rush into the house and head straight for the stereo, like "I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS RIGHT NOW!"

We must be related somehow, I am just like FF when it comes to new music, as soon as I get it I have to play it. I won't shelve til I have played it.

Yeah, me too. Either in the car ride home or at home right after I open the mail.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
At this point, my wife would like to chime in and say "Well then maybe you have too much music to listen to". To which I say "Well, maybe you have too many shoes to wear".  Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 19976 

Must be a standard wife quote. I've heard that one countless times.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:32 pm

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
At this point, my wife would like to chime in and say "Well then maybe you have too much music to listen to". To which I say "Well, maybe you have too many shoes to wear".  Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 19976 

Must be a standard wife quote. I've heard that one countless times.

Seeing as how I have about a 1/4 of clothing in a very large closet and in the drawers under the bed, it's not just shoes...............

But, I do have a complete room dedicated to music....... because I have to put my drums somewhere.

and in keeping with the topic:

Hawkwind - Space Ritual Live. I picked this album up at GW quite a while back and have not put it on the TT yet.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:39 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I can predict one I will probably not open. I pre-ordered Heart Of Metal on vinyl. The pre-order comes with a limited edition CD only available with the preorder. I WILL open and play the vinyl but I may just keep the CD stored away as a collector's item (same with Deliverance, I'll play the vinyl but prob keep the CD under wraps).
I don't think that counts since you've actually heard the album before.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Runicen wrote:
Can I ask a question that's a moderate deviation from the topic?  

Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?   Laughing 

OK this does happen to me every once in awhile, I have close to 3000 CD's, so once in awhile I spin one and its like a brand new to me again
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Tesla - mecanical reasonance

it has been sitting on the shelve for over two weeks now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Well that is just unacceptable! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:32 pm

I'd also add twilightning - delirium veil.

all I know is that it is some good power metal from europe. Any fans??
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Quote :
Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?

I'm actually going through a bit of a music malaise right now when it comes to buying.  Happens about every ten years.  Searching out for new stuff just isn't a current priority.  I'm finding much more joy in dusting off stuff out of the deep recesses of my collection.  Yeah, it's like it is new again.  And I'll actually confess to finding a disc (Gas Huffer - Janitors Of Tomorrow) that I almost purchased recently not realizing I already had it.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:

No power metal for you until you'll listen to this one. As much as I'm indifferent with the given genre, even I accept the fact that Tesla rules.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I'd also add twilightning - delirium veil.

all I know is that it is some good power metal from europe. Any fans??
I've seen them live, but couldn't name a single song by them.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:45 pm

CD's are, for me, like books - but way more easier to carry and to store ! study 
One thing I did do - put them in a CD suitcase - I'd hate if the suitcase was stolen -
A suitcase holds about 30 or so - had to toss many of the cd casings though - not easy -
I have a 45 minute commute to work - that's an hour and a half a day - don\'t know 
I listened to NOSTRADAMUS ( Priest ) cd 1 today - and it was pelting rain !
But to answer the question posed : AC DC VAN HALEN TWISTED SISTER
DANZIG LA GUNS ACE FREHLEY -
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Quote :
Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?

Yes this happens to me and yes I have some stuff I haven't had time to listen to...
Saxon...St. Georges Day Sacrifice...Live
Beatles...BBC
Donnie Iris...King Cool
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 am

What's been killing me is the sheer amount of cheap box sets coming out. I got the ZZ Top, Deep Purple, and most recent Rush box all within quick succession. And, of course, I didn't STOP there. It's not my fault. The record industry needs to stop offloading so much good stuff at fire sale prices.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:13 am

Another one that fits this thread: Tarot - Gravity of Light

I bought it in December, but I got three other Tarot albums around the same time and have been getting into them in chronological order.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:35 pm

I finally heard tesla. Amazing cd.

just noticed that the following cds remain unplayed:

- iced earth (self titled album )
- razor: decibels
- bolt thrower: honour valour pride
- edguy: space police (actually I gave it a quick spin but still need to fully listen to it)
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Way too many old releases I've bought dirt cheap on Amazon over the years and haven't gotten around to listening to... I've been meaning to make an actual list of albums I own that I need to at least spin once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2