Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?

Go down 
+22
GrandNational
krokus
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
onrypt
Fat Freddy
DakotaRogers
chewie
thejokeriv
Hadley
glassprison
Icy Grave
Lari
Gilbert
Citanul
snooloui
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
Short-Fuse
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:15 am

The only one that comes close to being a "classic" in my book would be Aerosmith's Honkin' On Bobo. It was a nice return to form and probably as close as they'll get to classic status anymore.

I like the Probot album and Megadeth's The System Has Failed from 2004 as well, but I'd be stretching it to label them classics. Monster Magnet's Monolithic Baby too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:37 pm

I dont know if it counts but KING DIAMOND released a very good doublé live álbum during 2004:DEADLY LULLABYES LIVE. Also LOUD´N´NASTY released an amazing hard&heavy during 2004 named TEASER, TEASER. Check that one out if you are into MOTLEY CRUE, JULLIET or RATT. I also liked very much HIGH SPEED VENOM by NIGHTMARE. For fans of mid 80s RIOT. RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT by OVERLORDE was also a cool US METAL álbum. BEWARE by STEEL PROPHET is an other underrated classic in my book and i love THE NEON GOD PART 1 by WASP.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:55 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
"Tempo of the Damned" without a doubt. Here's some others:

Tourniquet- Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Skeletonwitch- Beyond the Permafrost
Hirax- The New Age of Terror

Tourniquet album is from 2000.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:27 am

Two of my favorite albums of all-time were released in 2004:

Saxon--Lionheart
W.A.S.P.--Neon God, Part 2

I don't know if they would be considered classics by most fans, but they are classics to me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:35 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
"Tempo of the Damned" without a doubt. Here's some others:

Tourniquet- Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Skeletonwitch- Beyond the Permafrost
Hirax- The New Age of Terror

Tourniquet was 2000 and Hirax was 2005 but still great albums.
I would say Exodus,Iced Earth and can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet-Edguy Hellfire Club
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:54 am

Was Hammerfall's Crimson Thunder released in 2004? The early 2000s blend together for me, but if it was, I consider that a classic, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:12 pm

The classics from 2004 are the same ones that were obviously great at the time:

JUDAS PRIEST - Angel of Retribution
EXODUS - Tempo of the Damned
MEGADETH - The System Has Failed
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:23 pm

I don't even know how to determine if something is a classic. Just 'cuz I love it doesn't mean it is. I hate some stuff that is considered classic, like Led Zeppelin.

I do feel that Tempo has really entered the hall of classic thrash, though. Like if a kid were just getting into thrash now, and asked like 10 different veteran thrash metalheads for a list of records he should get first, Tempo might make a lot of their lists.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6353

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:42 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Saxon--Lionheart

I don't know if they would be considered classics by most fans, but they are classics to me.
That Saxon album is incredible! 10/10, possibly their best ever, but it's still hard to count it as a classic album, since Saxon's "classic era" was way way before 2004 anyway, and secondly because 2004 just happened, and thirdly maybe it never really got the recognition it deserved.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Saxon--Lionheart

That Saxon album is incredible! 10/10, possibly their best ever, but it's still hard to count it as a classic album, since Saxon's "classic era" was way way before 2004 anyway, and secondly because 2004 just happened, and thirdly maybe it never really got the recognition it deserved.

I don't know. 10 years. I feel like in 1994 there were albums from 1984 that were widely considered classics already?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:42 pm

LION, LION HAAAHHT

great album!

I know how that could kind of get lost in the sea of Saxon releases, but it is really very good.

I'm still encouraging people to check out that Domine album. Manowar wishes they were that band. And yes that is Elric on the cover from the Melnibone chronicles.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm still encouraging people to check out that Domine album. Manowar wishes they were that band. And yes that is Elric on the cover from the Melnibone chronicles.

Listening to it on Spotify now. I can definitely say that if I had discovered this band 10 or 11 years ago, I would be enamored with them.

I'm not much into this style any more, but it's pretty good. Vocals are a little weird (definitely prefer Manowar's vox, since you put out that comparison), but the music is good, fun, gallopy metal.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 4:11 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Tourniquet album is from 2000.

So, we're only going with albums from 2004? How boring.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:59 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Listening to it on Spotify now. I can definitely say that if I had discovered this band 10 or 11 years ago, I would be enamored with them.

I'm not much into this style any more, but it's pretty good. Vocals are a little weird (definitely prefer Manowar's vox, since you put out that comparison), but the music is good, fun, gallopy metal.

yep. The thing that is so cool about that album is, like I had said, there are faster, mega true metal tracks that are literally all you could want from that kind of song, and then a good 3-4 songs on there they pour in some (the way I hear it anyway) Jethro Tull and other stuff and pull that off just as magnificent. What makes it so good is it isn't just, let's throw this instrument in here or this mood in here....it sounds totally organic and totally natural for the band to go back and forth from mode to mode. Yeah, Morby is super Italian but his voice itself is god-tier. He's like a mutant Messiah Marcolin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?   Which albums a decade later can we now call classic? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which albums a decade later can we now call classic?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2