Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Go down 
+11
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Icy Grave
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Empty
PostSubject: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:34 am

Comes out very soon. Getting a view of the trailer, it looks amazing. My only minor gaffe is the guy who pulls out his gun when he sees the apes in the jungle. For no reason! xD Other than that, apes acting as cavalry. Is that not awesome?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:39 am

I'm looking forward to it. I really liked Rise with all those cool subtle (and not so subtle) references to the original movie series.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:02 am

Can't say I cared much for either of the last 2 Apes movies (Rise or that cluster-f*ck Burton reboot), but I'm sure I'll catch this one on cable somewhere down the line and be equally unimpressed.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Can't say I cared much for either of the last 2 Apes movies (Rise or that cluster-f*ck Burton reboot), but I'm sure I'll catch this one on cable somewhere down the line and be equally unimpressed.

I figured you with your ape fetish would be all over this. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:27 am

And the Burton version was terrible. Sad to say I saw it in the theater.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:32 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I figured you with your ape fetish would be all over this. Razz 

My initial hard-on for them diminished greatly during viewing. I saw Burton's version in the theater too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:04 am

I still haven't seen the previous "Apes" movie yet, but I'm sure it'll turn up on TV around the time the new one opens in theaters.

My sons and I watched the '68 original on Netflix a couple of months ago, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Still holds up pretty well aside from Charlton Heston's performance, which is, of course, pure ham on the bone. Very Happy I thought my kids would be bored by it since it's much slower paced than the whiz-bang all-action-all-the-time 21st century movies they're used to watching but they both dug it.

...as for the Burton remake, I only saw it once when it first hit video and honestly I remember next to nothing about it... which I guess sez it all, doesn't it? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still haven't seen the previous "Apes" movie yet, but I'm sure it'll turn up on TV around the time the new one opens in theaters.

My sons and I watched the '68 original on Netflix a couple of months ago, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Still holds up pretty well aside from Charlton Heston's performance, which is, of course, pure ham on the bone. :DI thought my kids would be bored by it since it's much slower paced than the whiz-bang all-action-all-the-time 21st century movies they're used to watching but they both dug it.

...as for the Burton remake, I only saw it once when it first hit video and honestly I remember next to nothing about it... which I guess sez it all, doesn't it? Very Happy

All I remember about the Burton film is the tacked-on ending.

I saw Rise on video and it was a decent flick, I'll wait until the blu ray to watch the new one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:20 am

Quote :
All I remember about the Burton film is the tacked-on ending.

Yeah, that's about all I remember too... well, that and a vague memory that Paul Giamatti was even more irritating than usual with all that ugly ape makeup on. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

My sons and I watched the '68 original on Netflix a couple of months ago, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Still holds up pretty well aside from Charlton Heston's performance, which is, of course, pure ham on the bone.

I'd watch that one a hundred times over either of those new versions. And for her...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Planet-of-the-apes-nova

Beautiful and mute. The perfect woman. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:47 am

cant wait to see the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

My sons and I watched the '68 original on Netflix a couple of months ago, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Still holds up pretty well aside from Charlton Heston's performance, which is, of course, pure ham on the bone.

I'd watch that one a hundred times over either of those new versions. And for her...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Planet-of-the-apes-nova

Beautiful and mute. The perfect woman. Razz

Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:30 pm

I am a huge fan of the 1968 movie and even though the rest of the first series is a cheez fest, I still love it. The story arch, though poorly executed, is intriguing. I also enjoyed Rise... It was a pretty good reboot to the series and I am looking forward to Dawn as well.

The Burton movie just pissed me off. The big reveal at the end of the original was shown waaay too early, and the "damn dirty ape" line was ruined too. And what the ever-loving f*ck was with the Helena Bonham Carter's character looking like a Michael Jackson clone? angry 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:09 pm

I hated the reboot from 10 years ago, I rewatched it last weekend and it was worse then I remember it being. Also rewatched the original, and surprisingly still holds up pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Is it a whole series of reboots now or are there new storyline twists going on or? The Burton fiasco turned me off greatly.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Is it a whole series of reboots now or are there new storyline twists going on or? The Burton fiasco turned me off greatly.

Good question, based on the previews, it looks like a bit of both, I have not seen the films.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:29 am

Seeing the previews at Godzilla last night has whetted my appetite for this movie. They've got a chance to make this whole run excellent.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Seeing the previews at Godzilla last night has whetted my appetite for this movie. They've got a chance to make this whole run excellent.

Whetted mine as well though I never saw the previous one or any ape movie for that matter. The only ape movie I saw was a cheap Japanese rip off on MST3K.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Whetted mine as well though I never saw the previous one or any ape movie for that matter. The only ape movie I saw was a cheap Japanese rip off on MST3K.

This ?

The full MST3k version is available on youtube as well.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:57 pm

I'll probably see the new one eventually. I enjoyed Rise, although I'm not sure I would want to sit through it again given how little actually happens in it.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:54 am

Dawn was brilliant.... Extremely well done.... It continues the build up to where eventually we'll reach Planet of the Apes....

One of the best Apes films made imo.... I own all of the original five plus the burton debacle and Rise...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm

I missed this in theaters so I'll have to catch it on dvd or blu-ray. I thought Rise was really good so I'm looking forward to watching this one.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I'll catch this one on BluRay too... the first one (of this re-booted series) was decent, the reviews same to say this one is even better
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:30 pm

I enjoyed this movie. And without giving anything away - is there anyone who has now seen this movie and was reminded a little bit of a scene/line from the classic movie "the Warriors"...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes   Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Page 1 of 1