Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Empty
PostSubject: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Not sure how I feel about this.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/james-franco-goes-ape

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Quote :
will be set in the present day and chronicle how genetic engineering gave the animals intelligence. The actor [James Franco] will reportedly play an important scientist in the midst of the war between man and ape.

Didin't they sorta/kinda cover how the apes came into power already in the original sequels with Caesar? Not that it will stop Hollywood from "re-imaginaing" it anyway.

*sigh* I was disappointed with the Tim Burton remake, so I don't expect this one to fair much better. Set my expectations to *low*.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

I think this one is more about how apes acquired intelligence. But you're right, I can see this one treading a lot of the same territory as Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think this one is more about how apes acquired intelligence. But you're right, I can see this one treading a lot of the same territory as Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. Granted, Conquest... was pretty craptacular and thrown together at the last minute to sqeeze the last few pennies out of the franchise, but it more or less explained how the apes would eventually overthrow their human captors.

It wouldn't surprise me if they just do an entire re-boot of the franchise and disregard any of the past movies and storylines anyway. That seems to be the way to go these days. While I still love 'em, ya gotta admit that some of those original sequels were pretty spotty at best.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Weren't all the original sequels technically prequels ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't think so.

Beneath definitely wasn't and I don't think Battle was either. The other ones were though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:25 pm

maybe a rental - not a theater movie
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:30 pm

I own the Original box set (vhs!! doh!) so I'll be interested.

I try to compartmentalize when this happens and think of these remakes as stand-alone.

That's why I can enjoy the new War of the Worlds and the Old (super-classic).

I'll watch this when it hits the Redbox/Movie Cube
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:53 pm

I have the original box set on DVD. Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_razz

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Jerk!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:16 am

thejokeriv wrote:
maybe a rental - not a theater movie

x2. Movies are so expensive to chance going to see a potential dud..

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think so.

Beneath definitely wasn't and I don't think Battle was either. The other ones were though.

The last three would fall into the prequel category.... I don't know how I missed that announcement.....

Just another indication that Hollywood is grabbing at straws.... I don't see James Franco as a lead guy....

I'm a big fan of the Planet of the Apes so they better not SCREW IT UP!!!

The burton one wasn't bad... just very different....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm surprised this movie even exists. Didn't the remake get bad reviews? And I know it barely broke even, if that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"   Planet Of The Apes "Prequel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planet Of The Apes "Prequel"
Page 1 of 1