Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite DORO CDs?

Go down 
+15
stormspell
kmorg
Hamer12
DeathCult
Lurideath
7thSecond
nevermore
sam
Fat Freddy
krokus
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:07 pm

What are your favorite DORO CDs?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 pm

i love all of them, but i tried to put them in order. for today anyway.

Love Me In Black
Fight
Warrior Soul
Force Majeure
Calling The Wild
Doro
True At Heart
Angels Never Die
Machine II Machine

my favorite Doro song, Like Whiskey Straight, comes from the album i least like by her.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm

I don't own anything by her but i imagine i would like the warlock stuff.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

i'm pretty sure i'm the only Doro fan at this forum. she doesn't play thrash or power metal.

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm pretty sure i'm the only Doro fan at this forum. she doesn't play thrash or power metal.

niether thrash or power metal are my faves, but I've never been a huge doro fan. I like some of it though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm

I owned both Force Majeure and Warlock's Triumph & Agony at one point, but neither really did anything for me and they went bye-bye.
Back to top Go down

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:59 pm

I just never got into Doro due to the scarcity of her CDs. I sure as hell am not here for the thrash and power metal alone. I'm here for the cocktail weiners.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I bought some Warlock way back in the day and liked it, I have kept a bit in touch with the Doro band ever since. I like her, she has a tough voice and a strong stage presence. I've never seen her or Warlock live but hope to some day.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 pm

WARRIOR SOUL is one of my fave and that is strange because its the last one released by DORO, in 2007.
I like them all, but MACHINE II MACHINE and LOVE ME IN BLACK are not so good, she was a little lost in the mid90s.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

mc666 wrote:

I am a big fan too and beside her cds i have some maxi singles, all her dvd´s and saw her live 3 or 4 times. Always great.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:36 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
mc666 wrote:

niether thrash or power metal are my faves, but I've never been a huge doro fan. I like some of it though.
well that's understandable since you've stated before that you weren't crazy about female singers.

@ skullsmasher, i haven't been fortunate enough to catch her live either. realistically, time is running out too. i need to catch her on her next US jaunt. even if i must travel.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:15 am

mc666 wrote:

I like Doro a lot. Hoping to go see here when she plays in Santa Fe. Can't make up my mind which CD I like best. I really like the self titled CD, although it is a bit more "pop/commercial" than Force Majeure, which I also like. Love the KISS cover on the self-titled.

Calling the Wild... and Fight are both great too.

Like all the Warlock releases as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am

The only Doro solo album I have is "Fight" and it's pretty darn good, I do prefer Warlock's TRIUMPH AND AGONY over it though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:20 am

like the warlock stuff but don't own any of it. and for a while I thought mc666 was doro scratch , then I clicked his website link and was like insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Warriorsoul
Fight
Calling The Wild
Love Me In Black
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:23 pm

mc666 wrote:
I've got two of her albums, Triumph & Agony and Warrior Soul, and enjoy them both.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Never heard Doro's solo stuff. I guess I am too stuck in the past with her. I am a huge Warlock fan though and "Triumph And Agony" would be my favorite.
Back to top Go down

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Love me some Doro too, excellent vocalist.

My favorite albums are

Angels Never Die,
Love me in Black.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Love Doro. my favorites are:
Force Majure
Doro
Calling The Wild
Love Me In Black
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:05 pm

nevermore wrote:
Warriorsoul
Fight
Calling The Wild
Love Me In Black
those are definitely her heaviest albums along with Force Majure.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Never heard any but would like to.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 am

I don't have them all, but I like Force Majure the best of those I do have.

Oh, and i've seen the lady live at Wacken 10 years ago! Man, I'm getting old!

Kudos to ult for getting mc666 to post more than once in the same thread! cool

Administrator
ultmetal

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:52 am

Doro played here last night. Didn't have the money to go though. Bummer. Probably the last chance to see her in the U.S.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Doro played here last night. Didn't have the money to go though. Bummer. Probably the last chance to see her in the U.S.
that's a shame. i had similar luck last time she played Virginia. i had traveled to Pittsburgh the same weekend. had i been home in TN, i would have jumped over to see her.

Quote :
Kudos to ult for getting mc666 to post more than once in the same thread!
what can i say, i have a short attention span.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:24 pm

I like Warlock, never cared enough to buy any of her solo albums though
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

Favorite DORO CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DORO CDs?   Favorite DORO CDs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite DORO CDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next