Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A cross between Doro/Dio?

Go down 
+10
stpatrik
Wargod
Infinite
ShadowAngel
metalken
mc666
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

A cross between Doro/Dio? Empty
PostSubject: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 pm

http://www.asoundofthunderband.com/

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
http://www.asoundofthunderband.com/

What do you think?
Doro and Dio? No. But it's a good album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Good band - I have seen them live. I can't remember if they opened up for Ratt or Loudness. Met the band afterwards, singer looks great in real life. She's short, like 5ft 4 if I remember correctly. Local band for me. Their new album is on my want list. I listen to the stream and it is a huge improvement over their earlier demos (I have two)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

And not a cross between Doro and Dio
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Sounds awesome...I hear a little doro in the voice but musically its more like accept or blind guardian to me. A strong powermetal band upcoming here. If you want to hear a chick that does Dio check out Benedictum.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:46 pm

sounds decent enough. don't really hear any Dio or Doro similarities though.

metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

I just got this in the last couple of days, and it is growing a lot on me with each play. Liked it at first, but definitely getting into it big time. A lot of variety in their sound. That Nina gal sure has a great voice and uses it well.

And I thought this thread was going to be about Benedictum as well.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't hear much of those comparisons either but that's how they are described. Not bad though.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Not really Doro and Dio, at least i don't hear it. The singer reminds me of bit of Veronica Freeman from Benedictum, especially since they use the same voice effect in the bridge/chorus during the song Out of the Darkness as Beendictum does in a couple of their songs.
Overall it sounds interesting though, definitely have to check them out more
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Sounds awesome...I hear a little doro in the voice but musically its more like accept or blind guardian to me. A strong powermetal band upcoming here. If you want to hear a chick that does Dio check out Benedictum.
What? Accept and Blind Guardian sound nothing alike.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about Zed Yago.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 am

Good to see more US bands that are femetal fronted coming out like ASOT. I think this is a solid band on the Night-mare Records label, Lance seems to get a few gems.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Wargod wrote:
Good to see more US bands that are femetal fronted coming out like ASOT. I think this is a solid band on the Night-mare Records label, Lance seems to get a few gems.

Wargod
I saw on their site that Warmachine put a new one out. Anyone listen to the samples? They sound so disappointing. It's like a totally different band. =(
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Wargod wrote:

Wargod
I saw on their site that Warmachine put a new one out. Anyone listen to the samples? They sound so disappointing. It's like a totally different band. =(

Glad someone else thinks so!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:19 am

Wargod wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Wargod wrote:

Wargod

Wargod
Dude, it's such a bummer. Beginning of the End was such a killer heavy metal record, criminally overlooked by most, and this new one (though it appears to have originally come out in 2010) sounds like...radio metal.

This...

To this...

Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Hardly sounds like the same band, not terrible but not interesting.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:46 am

I dont agree with it sounding Dio/Doro either, but being a huge fan of those made me check out the thread and glad I did - immediatly dug it and ordered the CD - well-crafted Traditional Metal with a fair wide of influences, great guitar work and the vocals are the best Ive heard since Marta Gabriel from Crystal Viper came along. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I don't hear the Doro/Dio comparisons either. But I do think she has a great voice. I'll add this to my ever growing wants list.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Why do bands do that? On their FB page they compare themselves to those bands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:38 pm

nevermore wrote:
I don't hear the Doro/Dio comparisons either. But I do think she has a great voice. I'll add this to my ever growing wants list.

Same here. I'm not sure how long my wantlist is, but if I ever made one out (mine is in my head), I'm sure it'd be quite lengthy.

Dark Horseman wrote:
Why do bands do that? On their FB page they compare themselves to those bands.

Probably because those are the two bands that influenced them the most. I'm guessing, I have no real clue why.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wargod wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Wargod wrote:

Wargod

Wargod
Dude, it's such a bummer. Beginning of the End was such a killer heavy metal record, criminally overlooked by most, and this new one (though it appears to have originally come out in 2010) sounds like...radio metal.

I dug out my copy of Beginning of the End and just gave it a fresh spin. I think "killer heavy metal" & "criminally overlooked" might be a bit overzealous, dude. Razz It's ok, but nothing outstanding from the pack that I can tell.

If anything, it'll probably be most remembered for being just one of a long line of failed projects David Ellefson attached his name too while him & Mustaine were having a swinging dick fight over unpaid royalties.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Quote :
If anything, it'll probably be most remembered for being just one of a long line of failed projects David Ellefson attached his name too while him & Mustaine were having a swinging dick fight over unpaid royalties.

There's a mental picture I didn't really need. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm an artist at heart. It's my nature to paint a picture, mental or otherwise. With dicks.

A cross between Doro/Dio? 209773

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Good thing you don't work in daycare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A cross between Doro/Dio?   A cross between Doro/Dio? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A cross between Doro/Dio?
Page 1 of 1