Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
mikeinfla
glassprison
7 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:23 am

I can't say I am a big fan of the original song, but they do a good job with it. Looking forward to hearing the full album:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:12 am

Interesting, but I am not a fan of the original either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm not a big Neil Young fan, but I don't dislike his stuff either. This is a cool cover with a big country flare. Electra does that moan-y style of pop vocals that fans of The Voice and American Idol like. It's not really my thing, but it's not bad either.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:41 pm

What kind of music just she normally sing? Here she sounds like a country singer.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:55 am

Sorry, but this sounds like a bad joke.

Neil Young is a god to me. That said, Hear of Gold is the one song of his in the 1970's that I truly can't come to terms with. Reasons for this are primarily that it's the radio love to pretend that this is the only song he's ever written, and that it's a poor representation of his entire body of work. It's a very commercial song for him, and this takes it even further into commercial territory with its gloss and shine (pitch-perfect vocals, shred solo, big drums). None of it works, especially considering it was a song that didn't work very well in the first place except to ironically be Young's only #1 hit.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:26 am

I like Neil Young and Heart of Gold is a decent song when it's just Neil and his harmonica.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:48 am

Its alright
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:42 am

There are two things I like about this song: 1. The heaviness and thickness he brought to the chorus. and 2. The guy doing the solo (who is it by the way?) That's it.

Oh, and I am not a fan of Neil, but I like the original better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold    Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet and Electra Mustaine: Heart of Gold
Page 1 of 1