Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most "METAL" Sport/Game

Go down 
+28
jstate
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
BearOnUnicycle
glassprison
Hadley
Boris2008
tohostudios
snooloui
Gilbert
AutumnShantel
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
exact33
MetalRob331
Citanul
MetalGuy71
Runicen
Olafsto
thejokeriv
Lari
Thrasher73
MoonChild
chewie
James B.
Required Fields
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Most "METAL" Sport/Game
Football
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
Baseball
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Battleship
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hockey
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
Basketball
 0% [ 0 ]
Golf
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Hooligan-ball, I mean Soccer, I mean European Football
Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Skeeball
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Mixed Martial Arts.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:49 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Mixed Martial Arts.

Good choice!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:50 pm

HOCKEY!!!
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Runicen wrote:
AutumnShantel wrote:
I don't think sports are very metal at all. I guess if I had to pick the "least metal sport" I'd say American football, because it seems so um... I don't want to say anything that will get reported... but men tackling each other and smacking each other's butts just doesn't seem very metal.

Sorry, my joke was in response to the above making football unmetal for (I assumed the inference) being kind of homoerotic.  Hence, the Priest reference.

I mean, when leather daddy is an acceptable metal look (hey, I ain't arguing with it), men tackling each other and playing grab ass really can't be disqualified.  Just sayin'.

I'll go back to lurking in this topic because my humor engines are not working properly this week...   fainting 

It's all good. I shouldn't be insulting (American) football on a forum full of men, considering almost all of them like watching it. lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Mixed Martial Arts.
That'd be more in the "extreme" subgenre of metal. If boxing is relentless death metal, then MMA is the bastard child - black metal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Everyone is wrong! NOTHING is more metal than synchronized swimming! headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger 

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 9:41 pm

As for skeeball, thats obviously classic rock, foreigner in paticular:

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
How'bout professional bull riding? I know, you'd probably thinking that it would have more in common with country music, but think about it....does it get any more METAL than willingly strapping yourself onto the back of a 2000 lb, pissed off hunk of Hell Beast that wants nothing more than to grind you into hamburger beneath its hooves?

Whenever ESPN shows a reel of "highlights" from those competitions, with cowboys getting wiped out/wrecked/mangled all over the place, it's practically begging for a primo Slayer soundtrack to accompany it!

Pinching an animals' nutsack to the point of bursting is about as UN-METAL as anything I can think of.  Not to mention the stereotypical redneck aspect.

Hey Sax, I know you hate Texas and most anything associated with it, but do some research before you criticize something. The rope around the testicles is an urban myth and bull riding  is associated more with cowboys than rednecks (of course you might not distinguish between the two, you do tend to be a bit biased).

The strap around the junk is NOT a myth. The last rodeo I was at [or ever will be at] was up in Calgary and I saw it with my own eyes. You are completely right about me being prejudiced against the South, though. Have seen too much of that with my own eyes, too. Have thought you were cool though, DB!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:14 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Have thought you were cool though, DB!

I try to be Wink.

I won't argue with you, from what I've researched it seems like binding the nuts would be a deterent (sic) to having the bull buck off the rider. Also the way I understand the harness works, it doesn't come close to the testicles. However, I can't argue against your own experience and maybe in some places that is done, I don't really know. I just know that people that ride bulls insist that it isn't like that. In the interest of keeping peace I'll just agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:23 am

AutumnShantel wrote:
Runicen wrote:
AutumnShantel wrote:
I don't think sports are very metal at all. I guess if I had to pick the "least metal sport" I'd say American football, because it seems so um... I don't want to say anything that will get reported... but men tackling each other and smacking each other's butts just doesn't seem very metal.

Sorry, my joke was in response to the above making football unmetal for (I assumed the inference) being kind of homoerotic.  Hence, the Priest reference.

I mean, when leather daddy is an acceptable metal look (hey, I ain't arguing with it), men tackling each other and playing grab ass really can't be disqualified.  Just sayin'.

I'll go back to lurking in this topic because my humor engines are not working properly this week...   fainting 

It's all good. I shouldn't be insulting (American) football on a forum full of men, considering almost all of them like watching it. lol

Actually, if you asked me how football (American) was played, I'd be just a hair shy of clueless. I'm a hiking guy if anything. My argument was more of an empirical one, if that's the right word for it. That said, even if it is the right word, considering we're arguing the metal factor of various sports, it was probably misplaced.  Laughing 

Maybe one day I'll find a profitable venue for making really logical arguments about really illogical things.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:14 am

Can't say which is the most metal but it's funny how many sports I associate with metal.  Hockey would be from attending Caps games and they always played their fair share of metal on the Capital Center P.A..  In my soccer playing days the soundtrack to hype myself up was always metal.  In fact in order to keep concentration I would focus on one song and just play that over and over.  When I used to watch football the announcing would always annoy me until I took someone's suggestion to turn the tv sound off while putting on music.  Wouldn't be able to watch a game these days without music playing.

I always thought bull riding would be much more interesting if they eliminated all the prompts they use to get them bucking.  I'm not familiar with the strap but the one rodeo I attended they were raking something across the bulls' hindquarters before they left the chutte.  To me it would be more fun to let fate decide - if the bull doesn't feel like bucking and would rather calmly walk over and eat some grass then lucky bullrider.  Maybe not what rodeo fans are looking for but I'd be more entertained that way.  Of course I also think horse racing should have no jockeys too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:33 am

Hockey! It's also the only sport I give a rat's ass about.  Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 706602 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:43 am

jstate wrote:
To me it would be more fun to let fate decide - if the bull doesn't feel like bucking and would rather calmly walk over and eat some grass then lucky bullrider.  Maybe not what rodeo fans are looking for but I'd be more entertained that way.  Of course I also think horse racing should have no jockeys too.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:21 am

Well if you were to watch NHL games on TV or go to the games, METAL is very common to hear.
Basketball is more on the rap and hip hop wagon.
Baseball you hear rock and country

I can keep going, but I find it quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 pm

How about fencing?

Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 4abf893758554bee5409393ba0da14fb
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
How about fencing?

Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 4abf893758554bee5409393ba0da14fb

Good call!  Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 25679 
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:53 am

mosh
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most "METAL" Sport/Game   Most "METAL" Sport/Game - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most "METAL" Sport/Game
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3