Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking Dead - Season 4

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
mikeinfla
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Just over a month away. Looking forward to it !
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Yeah i forgot to say this was a major factor in my wife and i getting cable again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Anyone see the premiere? Yeah, there was a bit of a coincidental resolution but--F*ck what a barnburning opener. I don't think I've ever seen such graphic gore on TV as the trough scene. The writing on this show has really been amped up, and it appears we're getting a nice return to the comic's form--which hopefully means more nihilism, depression, and hopelessness. Really happy with how they steered this ship around.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:09 am

Loved it! Some of the effects looked low budget but not really a complaint. Loved the surprise at the end! I didn't see that one coming!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 10:01 am

Great episode
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 12:17 pm

I expected a somewhat slow beginning to the season but it turned out it was wall to wall action. Excellent start to the season and the surprise return of a character I thought we'd never see again.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:10 am

I'd given up on this show but that was indeed a great opening episode.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 am

Last week's opener was surprisingly brutal (and for this show, that's saying a lot)...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:16 am

Last night's episode what was I would call... SICK! I just knew when Bob kissed Sasha something bad was going to happen to one of them!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:59 am

Watched episodes 3 and 4 last night. Damn it is getting better. Season 5 is awesome. Not a boring moment so far.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:29 pm

I don't care for last week's Beth episode. We are now getting too many characters and too many groups.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:59 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I don't care for last week's Beth episode. We are now getting too many characters and too many groups.

I thought the Beth episode was a bit slow..... hopefully Darryl and Carol kick major ass and blow shit up on tonight's episode and it's not a full blown "on our way to DC crew" episode that the preview makes it out to be
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 3:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

I thought the Beth episode was a bit slow..... hopefully Darryl and Carol kick major ass and blow shit up on tonight's episode and it's not a full blown "on our way to DC crew" episode that the preview makes it out to be

Me too. That preview was weird--Abe sounds like a war-torn motivational poster lol. But I have a feeling they're doing to this to splinter the story three ways. Hopefully not. It's not like they're going to run out of ideas soon, so there's no need to pad everything.

I also agree with Mike; way too many characters that are basically becoming copies of past types, and annoying at that. I was hoping for something more absurd and out there with Beth's abduction.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 pm

I'll be watching last weeks episode here shortly. I missed it due to watching football.

Last edited by 007 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 am

Damn! I was super tired and went to bed to watch. Was going to watch it this morning on the AMC website and they don't have the full episode posted like they do with the first 4. I'll have to wait until tonight now.... It's on the DVR but not at home right now.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Well it was a damn slow episode with a smash-bang finish--I'm sure readers of the comic like myself, though not surprised by the ending, were truly satisfied--I sure was. I'm also glad for the dense characterization of Abe--that's quite a backstory he's got and it affected me heavily even though it was presented in a much more brutal manner in the comic.

My only complaint is an ongoing one--can we get a bit more original with the soliloquies?? These extended sequences where characters are framed to say something so profound fail because it's truly the same old copycat speech on survival. "Man's become the hunted. There's nowhere safe. Nowhere. Times have changed. A friend is no friend anymore. Hell, we ain't any different than the hoard." etc. etc. etc. These are delivered with conviction and skill by the performers, but it's all much ado about nothing.

In any case, looking forward to next week's episode with all the questions I have.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Can't say I was very impressed with this last episode; I was struggling to stay awake as boring as it was. Again, this dialogue is getting ridiculous. It's just so empty and sparse. If they're trying to write like Hemingway, I'm fine with that, but for God's sake throw some variety in there like he did. Other than that, the whole ep moved like a bottle episode yet there were enough setpieces to NOT make it a bottle episode. The van sequence was simply boilerplate and, as neat as the effect was, unnecessary. But I think the whole reason I'm so upset about it all is that, through all this deliberate and boring static, absolutely nothing was done to enhance Darryl and Carol's relationship or their individual characters. Just bad quality all around, I hope they improve for these final two episodes.

I also cringed at the final lines. "What's it gonna take?!" "More guns!" etc.

One more note that just came to mind: I'm starting to smell something funny. Part of me is getting tired of the standoffs and crooked characters. We've had the Governor, Terminus, Terminus 2, and now this. I mean, we get it, can't trust anyone. But I'd be happier if gears were shifted to sheer survival of zombie nation rather than humanity. There's plenty of these examples from the comics that could be played out (I'd especially like to see Alexandria).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 am

The opening few episodes drew me back in but I'm bored again now. There was a funny bit in this one where a zombie was doing the same dull stuff that zombies do, and Carol just pulled a face like 'you're not even scary, you are just really annoying!' and that about sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
The opening few episodes drew me back in but I'm bored again now. There was a funny bit in this one where a zombie was doing the same dull stuff that zombies do, and Carol just pulled a face like 'you're not even scary, you are just really annoying!' and that about sums it up for me.

Yeah and they seem to doing that ALOT. I must say I enjoyed seeing a near-deserted Atlanta, but it'd be nice to see something DIFFERENT happening there.

The zombies have basically become an expendable semi-threat at this point. What matters anymore is survival of the elements and such.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:19 am

Well it was nice to see everyone again in this episode. I wish they would have done the last 3 like this one and included everyone. Thinking back to episode 1 of the season, what is the significance of Morgan? Will he reappear next week? What about the guy locked in the container at Terminus that they set free? He's still out there somewhere too.... And how come every mid-season finale has to end with one group battling another? That is getting a bit old to me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Well it was nice to see everyone again in this episode. I wish they would have done the last 3 like this one and included everyone. Thinking back to episode 1 of the season, what is the significance of Morgan? Will he reappear next week? What about the guy locked in the container at Terminus that they set free? He's still out there somewhere too.... And how come every mid-season finale has to end with one group battling another? That is getting a bit old to me.

This is how I feel too, and it's also becoming predictable. Plans are made, violence is in mind, peacekeeper (STFU TYRONE!) mouths off, no one is hurt, someone is trusted too much, turns on the group, peacekeeping plans fall through, etc. Nothing about the show is feeling fresh or even of substance.

But what I'm really having gripes with are the lapses in logic--especially involving an important plot turn: what the hell is up with these cars running around like stealth bombers??
Spoiler:
To add insult to injury, with have yet ANOTHER sequence where a character is walking through the NEAR SILENT woods frantically looking around, only to be stunned with a walker inches from his face. Somehow the zombie apocalypse is affecting everyone's hearing.

And the dialogue was once again more sparse, repetitive, and awkward.

And I'm sick of the wide shots with Rick pointing his big-ass gun like a gangsta right at the lens.

The only reason I want to tune in next week is out of obligation. I could care less about this infiltration, but I have a feeling someone important will die and I'd like to find out who. But it's weird how this series suddenly spiked in quality and shot straight down. I really enjoyed the new head writer's chops but here it seems he's been absent while the table team assembles bottle scripts without cross-checking them. The substance and smarts this show needs are suddenly gone.

Now, someone please explain to me how Abraham was able to sit on asphalt in that manner for so long without eventually needing an amputation.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Haven't seen the latest ep yet, but THANKS A f*cking LOT FOR THE SPOILER AMC.

I was browsing my newsfeed on facebook and BOOM "Walking Dead posted a new picture" with the text RIP [dead character's name here]. Show didn't even air here on the West coast. What the living hell??

'Tis a sad loss, tho.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Well, it wasn't much of a surprise to me as I figured the character in question to be a bad actor/actress and a weak character anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead - Season 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2