Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evil United

Go down 
+7
corplhicks
Lurideath
jeffhayden
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:25 pm

I hate how disconnected I have become... I have been a monster Jason McMaster fan since I was a kid and never even knew this band existed. Does anyone have the first album? I purchased it immediately 2 minutes ago, but I want feedback before it arrives.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

I love Jason and Dangerous Toys, but never really connected with any of his other projects, of which there are many. I break out the first Broken Teeth album every now and then, but never felt compelled to dig any further.

This stuff sounds ok, but his screech would probably wear on my nerves after a few spins. I might give Ignitor a shot some day though. Or not.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Way to take a stand, MG! haha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm

It was a pity reply. I hate to see your topic go unanswered.  What a Face 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:12 pm

yer a gud mann
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 am

I love Jason's voice and everything Dangerous Toys did.Never knew about this.I like Broken Teeth and Watchtower also. MG,check out some Watchtower with Jason on vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I love Jason's voice and everything Dangerous Toys did.Never knew about this.I like Broken Teeth and Watchtower also. MG,check out some Watchtower with Jason on vocals.

I used to have a copy of Watchtower's Control And Resistance, which had Hades' Alan Tecchio on vocals. It never did much for me, so I never investigated any further. I know that Jason was on an earlier album, and for a time I tried to track down a copy, but eventually gave up.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am

A traditional Viking funeral consisted of burning the corpse in a open air funeral pyre and burying the cremated remains in an urn.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:58 am

Great band and yes their 1st album is KILLER!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:00 am

Well that sounds rather interesting. I have a couple of Dangerous Toys' releases but nothing else that McMaster has appeared on. I may have to rectify that eventually.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

Wait, hold on the what the F*ck and a half. You're telling me the vocalist for this band is the SAME Jason McMaster of Dangerous Toys. The 80's dirty swagger band. This dude.

Holy shit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 am

jeffhayden wrote:
A traditional Viking funeral consisted of burning the corpse in a open air funeral pyre and burying the cremated remains in an urn.

So are you saying that the Evil United song is not technically accurate in it's description of a Viking Funeral? Good to know. I DEFINITIVELY won't be buying this now.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:29 am

corplhicks wrote:
Wait, hold on the what the F*ck and a half. You're telling me the vocalist for this band is the SAME Jason McMaster of Dangerous Toys. The 80's dirty swagger band. This dude.

Holy shit.

Yup. Same guy. He's in about 8 different bands and has 8 different vocals styles in each.  Razz 
See:
-Broken Teeth
-Watchtower
-Ignitor

...for a small sampling.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Holy shit.

Yup. Same guy. He's in about 8 different bands and has 8 different vocals styles in each.  Razz 
See:
-Broken Teeth
-Watchtower
-Ignitor

...for a small sampling.

Wow. Eight bands of varying styles, even including a Priest and Metallica tribute band. And Ignitor is AWESOME thrash! Here I always thought he was just a raunchy rock 'n roll frontman.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 am

My God. All his bands are really, really great...even better than Toys. I gotta get these.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am

I'm re-listening to some Broken Teeth on youtube. I might have to re-think them.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm re-listening to some Broken Teeth on youtube. I might have to re-think them.

I want to find out where that Flamethrower song is from; that's a wicked track. Doesn't seem to on any of their--oh wow so they have around six albums. I really have been under a rock.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:57 am

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I want to find out where that Flamethrower song is from; that's a wicked track. Doesn't seem to on any of their--oh wow so they have around six albums. I really have been under a rock.

By my count, Broken Teeth have 3 studio albums, 1 live album, and 1 comp of new tunes mixed with a few re-records of older tracks. If anyone knows differently, holla!!

I only have their s/t debut, but I think that may change in the very near future.

PS. Uncle Saxon's gonna be pissed that we hijacked his Evil United thread.  Twisted Evil crazy happy 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

By my count, Broken Teeth have 3 studio albums, 1 live album, and 1 comp of new tunes mixed with a few re-records of older tracks. If anyone knows differently, holla!!

I only have their s/t debut, but I think that may change in the very near future.

PS. Uncle Saxon's gonna be pissed that we hijacked his Evil United thread.  Twisted Evil crazy happy 

Okay yeah you're right, I was just glancing. Still, three albums along with everything else he's been doing...dude's a hard worker.

Unc, we should do a McMaster thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 pm

It's likely just because Dangerous Toys was what I first heard, and also the first three DT records are some of my favorite rock n' roll ever, but McMaster's voice is so much more suited to that kind of thing than more agressive metal, like EU and Ignitor, in my opinion.

I'd love if DT reformed and did another straight rn'r record.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah I think he does the southerny rockin sound best but he's still got a great voice in the other stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 pm

It's all good. Like I said, I have been a fanboy since Watchtower. Kinda made me feel old when I came across Evil United.

DT was MONSTEROUSLY great on the MoR cruise last years. Fun guys too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 pm

BTW, Zombie - I was talking to the bassist the other day in a friends FB post and he said he has been trying to get the guys together to record new DT stuff. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 pm

I've only heard IGNITOR - Spider's Queen of his recent work and it was "WTF" type of horrible experience...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 pm

stormspell wrote:
I've only heard IGNITOR - Spider's Queen of his recent work and it was "WTF" type of horrible experience...

Indeed. I like DT and Broken Teeth but Ignitor sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Evil United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evil United   Evil United Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evil United
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: