Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Star United

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

All Star United Empty
PostSubject: All Star United   All Star United Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:13 pm

This was a band I discovered when I became a Christian. I was cruising the local Christian bookstores and bought up a lot of clearence CDs and tapes. Metal was slim pickings (except for the tapes) so I tried to broaden my musical tastes and discovered these guys (along with Lost Dogs, One Hundred Days, Iona, and others). The music is best described as Britpop and the lyrics are very witty and not overly preaching. All I have is the first two albums (for some reason I haven't updated my collection) and they are some of my favorite non-metal albums ever. Might be a long shot but are there any others here who likes these guys?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

All Star United Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Star United   All Star United Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:03 pm

I used to like these guys quite a bit. They always reminded me a bit of Queen... not that they sound anything like them, cause they don't........ but just because they're very eclectic, have big vocal harmonies, pop sensibilities, and they're not afraid to be silly.
Back to top Go down

All Star United
Page 1 of 1