Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
James B.
Thrasher73
MoonChild
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Short-Fuse
Witchfinder
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
MetalRob331
TheGreatDuck
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?   Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?   Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:51 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
So, I was reading some threads on Metal Archives today, and in one of them some guy mentioned that there was a band that made a song with a similar riff to that of Slayer's Reign in Blood a couple of years before RiB was released. Does anyone here have any idea what band might that be?

I remember Sacrifice had a bunch of Slayer-ish sounding riffs, I forgot from where.
Either on the 1985 demo "The Exorcism", debut LP ('85 "Torment In Fire") or the July 1986 demo, that sounded like Slayer riffs, and when Slayer finally played Toronto, again, in November '86, they were not friendly at all I was told.
When they were still playing clubs in 1984, (Larry's Hideaway) Slayer hung out and drank beer with them, but not after R.I.B was released.

But now after learning Slayer stole this riff,(it was a record they heard from Rick Rubin's collection) see video below, then I would like to poke my finger in the chest of everybody who said "Slayer are the greatest and would never stoop to doing that, but a bunch of teenagers like Sacrifice would".

Flower Travellin' Band - Satori  (1971)
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?   Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 am

I don't even like Slayer and this is laughable  Laughing very hard  When using the term "ripped off" please make sure the riff is nearly identical. Saying Slayer ripped these guys off is as laughable as saying these guys ripped Sabbath off. Songs sound similar, if they aren't a note for note rip and the melodies aren't similar, it's not a rip off!!

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?   Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 am

Its like when larzs wanted to play for metal church before forming Metallica. Metal church already had their style with triple riffs that slayer is known for and downtuned duplet down stroked riffs metallica is known for . to me both bands shouldn't be credited like they are . bands that paved the way of what is today thrash and speed metal like metal church, should be bigger here in the united States .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?   Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer ripped off the Reign in Blood riff?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2