Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today

Go down 
+15
Thelemech
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
Leatherface
manny
James B.
mc666
Gilbert
Boris2008
CrookedCross
19 posters
AuthorMessage
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Empty
PostSubject: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Hard to believe it has been thirty years since this album was released. I was in 7th grade when this album came out, a friend lent me his copy on cassette and I was blown-away - bought my own copy on the way home from school that day and it didn't come out of my Walkman for weeks. 30 years later and this album still rips.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Underrated these days. Okay it is just unrelenting speed but that was what thrash was about in '86. I had to go to Birmingham to get an import copy as it officially came out in the U.K months after the U.S release (London Records, signed them and then got cold feet after hearing it, I don't know what they were expecting after Hell Awaits!)

I definitely am not one of those who thinks that it only has two good songs, the whole thing is phenomenal!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 5:08 pm

One of the best metal releases ever. Brings back so many souvenirs of high school. Can't believe i am that old!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Great album. Hell Awaits is still my nostalgic favorite though.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:30 am

Killer album

This is where I checked out though.

The gimmick had wore thin to say the least.

Still spin the vinyl regularly headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 am

Good lord I am getting old. This came out the year I graduated high school!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:50 am

I still love this album and remember what a huge impact this had on the metal scene. Still spin it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 1:47 pm

First Slayer record I bought. There are other Slayer records I actually like more, but this is a very good record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Bah it was a terrible album, 2 out of 10 at the most lol

One of my all time favorite albums ever. I remember getting my copy and just being blown away after hearing it. I was a bit surprised on my way home when I noticed a song called Jesus saves. I thought they better not go there, but looking at the rest of the titles, and the killer cover art I felt it was safe to assume Jesus saves would not be what I first thought. Great album, probably my second favorite recorded, next to Don't Break the Oath.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 am

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 am

I can't tolerate much Slayer these days, even my old favorites. This album has not aged particularly well for me. I did not get it on release, as I was only 8 (which is no excuse, I know--I shoul've been hocking my GI Joes to buy the newest thrash records), but I got it as a teenager in the 90s. I loved it at the time, as all other Slayer records up to that point.

Just doesn't do it for me much any more. I still listen to Show No Mercy, Seasons and Divine Intervention.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 am

Still a badass record to this day. One of the pillars of the Slayer catalog, along with Hell Awaits and Seasons in the Abyss.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 am

Reign in Blood was the first album I ever heard from Slayer. I was a little late to the party though. I didn't get into them until after I saw them live in the mid/late 90's(?). I remember buying the cd at a flea market for like a buck or 2.

As much as I was into the other 3 of the Big 4 back in the day, Slayer was considered "a bit too hardcore" for my tastes. That opinion has obviously changed over the years.

Reign in Blood is still a frequent spinner these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

As much as I was into the other 3 of the Big 4 back in the day, Slayer was considered "a bit too hardcore" for my tastes. That opinion has obviously changed over the years.

That's how I was with them too. I'd hear a song or two from them and think it wasn't too bad but didn't really think I'd want to listen to a whole album of that. Naturally, I've changed over the years and now own most of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 2:48 am

This album brings back a lot of great memories for me. Slayer was on top of their game. It doesn't get much better than Angel of Death. The bridge where they slow it down a bit. What killer riffs!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 pm

I like it but feel it's a bit overrated. It's barely and EP at just under 30 minutes. It has two KILLER songs on either end of the album with Raining Blood & Angel of Death. I always thought that Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy were better albums.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like it but feel it's a bit overrated. It's barely and EP at just under 30 minutes. It has two KILLER songs on either end of the album with Raining Blood & Angel of Death. I always thought that Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy were better albums.

I also like it but find it overrated, I much prefer South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
It's barely and EP at just under 30 minutes.

And yet it's still better, more intense, & more influential than 95% of any other thrash albums.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 4:07 am

I didn't hear it until ten years after it was released.

So it's only 20 years old to me.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It's barely and EP at just under 30 minutes.

And yet it's still better, more intense, & more influential than 95% of any other thrash albums.
I disagree with that, I don't think it touches anything done by say Annihilator.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 2:27 pm

LOL

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 1:25 am

Great if I didnt feel old enough... Came out the year I graduated High School... LOL... solid album that blew everyone away back in the day...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 pm

One of the best metal albums ever made.People forget the impact that it made back in 86. I've heard tons of Black and Death metal over the years since then that never matched that intensity and song writing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today   Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reign In Blood Turns 30 Today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: