Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Metal Video Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

Heavy Metal Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Hm, I tried to gather all the heavy metal games, hehe...

Most metal of them all must be Holy Diver. The Japanese video game in which you play as Ronnie James Dio (as he appears in the "Holy Diver" video) in a world inspired by the dark athmosphere on the album. Many references to other bands and artists as well, including Slayer, King Crimson, Zakk Wylde and Randy Rhoads.

Doom may be one of them. With a ambient cover of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" in the well-known soundtrack, as well as many other heavy metal inspired ones.

Rock 'n' Roll Racing is an old Super Nintendo game (I think) which featured ambient covers of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" and Deep Purple's "Highway Star" among others.

One of the tracks in Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage is a ambient cover of Black Sabbath's "The Mob Rules".

The racing game RoadKill featured songs by Judas Priest, King Kobra, Blue Öyster Cult among others in its main soundtrack.

Then we have the Grand Theft Auto-games which includes songs by Dio, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Krokus, Queensrÿche, Danzig, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses among many others.

And of course the Guitar Hero-games.

Someone who knows if there are more of the heavy metal games? Heavy Metal Video Games 505193
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Hehe, forgot about that KISS golfing game in which you played as Gene Simmons.
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

there is a kiss pinball video game for the playstation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:18 pm

I remember a local bar that used to have a Ted Nugent Weekend Warriors pinball machine....
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Bevis and Butthead! I think Gwar was in it too

Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 am

detuned wrote:
I remember a local bar that used to have a Ted Nugent Weekend Warriors pinball machine....

Yeah, that one is featured in the movie "Detroit Rock City". You can see it in the background when one of the guys tries to rob the kid on his KISS tickets.

Didn't know it actually existed though, cool!
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:09 am

Well, I forgot about Brütal Legend! The up-coming heavy metal video game which starrs Jack Black, Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio and Lemmy. And... Rob Halford will be voicing the evil glam metal king! And your enemies will be My Chemical Romance fans, looks pretty nice. They used "The Mob Rules" in the trailer and Judas Priest's "The Hellion" and "Screaming for Vengeance" is played on the games website. I can't wait for it.

The game will also have exclusive music by Judas Priest and Zakk Wylde, among others.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Oh yea I forgot about that one too. Look decent. Not sure if i'll get it though when you got Call of Duty 5 and Gears of War 2 right around the corner.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Duke Nukem 3D (Megadeth title track)
Gears of War (Megadeth again)
Revolution X (Aerosmith first-person shooter)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:59 pm

KISS Psycho Circus game
Iron Maiden's Ed Hunter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Video Games   Heavy Metal Video Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Metal Video Games
Page 1 of 1