Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My PayPal account got hacked

Go down 
+6
Lari
mc666
Runicen
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
kmorg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

My PayPal account got hacked Empty
PostSubject: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Someone managed to hack into my PayPal account and transfer 500$ to another account! This really sucks. I've contaced PayPal and I will probably get it back, but it is still a small chance that the money is gone. I also had to shut down my PayPal account and my bank account. What a hassle. Damn theifs. angry

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh! That is crazy, hope it is resolved for you.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 pm

D'oh!!! That sucks!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Ouch... Hoping they sort that crap out.

Knowing Paypal's policies, you should be refunded. They tend to work like most credit card companies in that way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Runicen wrote:

Knowing Paypal's policies, you should be refunded.  They tend to work like most credit card companies in that way.  
This. Sucks that it happened, but you should get it all back.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 pm

You'd think it'll be easy for Paypal to track the account the money was sent to and charge it back.

That's why hacking bank accounts never pays off. You can just sort of do damage and annoy people by donating money to amusement parks for koala bears or something silly, but it won't be easy to steal money digitally.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 am

Yeah, I get it refunded. But it is still a hassle with having to close the account and get a new credit card AND be withouth the money for 2-7 days according to paypal.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 am

That was my April Fool's prank. Sorry if it got a little out of hand, Kurt.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Laughing at MetalGuy71!

Sorry to hear that Kmorg...sheesh...this world is something else.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am

that sucks Kurt.

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I am always amazed when this stuff happens. Not that it can happen or does, but the lack of giving a sh!t by the authorities.

We have had this happen to our bank account twice, once someone took a bill check from our outgoing mail and bleached it and cashed it at Safeway and a second time someone got our account number and forged some checks.

Both times the bank corrected everything, but as mentioned it was a hassle, cause you don't know until a check bounces or your debit card gets denied.

The thing that gets me is the places that these checks were used are big box stores with big box security, you mean you can't tell me exactly who was at the register and doesn't anyone ask for ID when blessing a check?

Anywho, sorry for your pain on this, I feel you.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That was my April Fool's prank. Sorry if it got a little out of hand, Kurt.
  lol!  So you are RANHARDCORE!!

PostSubject: Re: My PayPal account got hacked   My PayPal account got hacked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My PayPal account got hacked
Page 1 of 1