Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill details announced!

Go down 
+27
akeldama
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
choosemetal
Temple of Blood
MetallicSeminarian
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
Grimmo
Required Fields
Boris2008
krokus
MoonChild
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Lari
mc666
Gilbert
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
BillRoxx
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:54 pm

I really like Overkill. one of my favourite albums is the very underrated "I Hear Black" I absolutely love this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
If anyone cares, Best Buy has it for 11.99 deluxe edition with autographed booklet.

Those things went quick. I dropped the ball and never made it to Best Buy and now they're all gone. Every store in a 20 mile radius from me is sold out. Even the BB website says that version is no longer available. I don't care much about the signed booklet, but I want the bonus tracks.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone cares, Best Buy has it for 11.99 deluxe edition with autographed booklet.

Those things went quick. I dropped the ball and never made it to Best Buy and now they're all gone. Every store in a 20 mile radius from me is sold out. Even the BB website says that version is no longer available. I don't care much about the signed booklet, but I want the bonus tracks.

Amazon sells the deluxe version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJFZZYM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Amazon sells the deluxe version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJFZZYM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh yea, I saw that. Ebay too. I've got a copy headed my way. I just wanted it NOW!!  Razz 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've got a Best Buy up the road from work but I haven't had the time/$$ to go looking for it. An autographed one would be nice but odds are they're probably all gone anywhoo. Overkill posted on their Facebook a few days ago that they'd autographed 4000 copies, and that they were "going fast."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Yep, they're gone. I didn't have time to go until yesterday, but they didn't have any of the deluxe autographed copies left. I checked online too, but it looks like they're sold out. They're already going for $50+ on Ebay. I'm really enjoying the album, though. They don't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 am

I've listened to it about 3 times total now. I hate to say it, but it's not even close to Electric Age or Ironbound.

Last edited by corplhicks on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:15 am

chilejay7 wrote:
Yep, they're gone.  I didn't have time to go until yesterday, but they didn't have any of the deluxe autographed copies left.  I checked online too, but it looks like they're sold out.  They're already going for $50+ on Ebay.  I'm really enjoying the album, though.  They don't disappoint.

damn! my copy arrived and I live in the middle east!

must be a lucky man!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 am

I've listened to this continually since I got it last week. It's immediately accessible, unlike the new Priest, and has loads of hooks. Lots of very good songs on this one. If you are an Overkill fan, I would imagine you would like this. I prefer it to The Electric Age - which I liked very much.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah this one clicked from the get go. The band put out another stellar release,on par with their most recent releases. As it stands right now,it's my favorite release of the year.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Wow who would pay lots of cash only to have a "signed / autographed" CD ? just enjoy the music ...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:29 pm

White Devil Armory is the highest charting release of Overkill's career:

http://skullsnbones.com/overkill-lands-highest-charting-release-career/

"The iconic Overkill recently unleashed their latest masterpiece in “White Devil Armory,” and the fans responded in a HUGE way! The record sold roughly 8,600 copies in its first week of release in the States, which was enough to land at #31 on the Billboard 200 chart! That makes “White Devil Armory” the highest charting release in their nearly 35 year career!!! How badass is that?!? After all of these years, they are still writing some of the most exciting metal out there, and they are being rewarded for that with the fans support! Raise your horns to the legends from the gutter tonight, and be sure to catch them on their upcoming tour with Prong later this year! Hailz!"

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:34 pm

headbanger  Excellent !
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 am

Yes, for me, this is definitely on par with Ironbound and The Electric Age. I found that this new one has even has the same level of variety that you'd find on Horroscope. Pig actually has similar guitar tones to some stuff from that album. Every track rocks, but my favourites would be Pig, Armorist,Freedom Rings and Death to the Bone.

I've just got the standard jewel case edition. I may have to source the version with the extra tracks to complete my discography. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 pm

I like the new one better than The Electric Age! It's their best sounding production as well. It's amazing that they are still making great quality albums this far in the game while their peers are barely making decent ones.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd put it on par with the Electric Age. I haven't had it enough to give it a good comparison. I will say that it is a quality album.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I've listened to this continually since I got it last week.  It's immediately accessible, unlike the new Priest, and has loads of hooks.  Lots of very good songs on this one.  If you are an Overkill fan, I would imagine you would like this. I prefer it to The Electric Age - which I liked very much.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill details announced!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4