Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill details announced!

Go down 
+27
akeldama
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
choosemetal
Temple of Blood
MetallicSeminarian
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
Grimmo
Required Fields
Boris2008
krokus
MoonChild
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Lari
mc666
Gilbert
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
BillRoxx
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

New Overkill details announced! Empty
PostSubject: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Looking forward to this one...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exclusive-overkills-white-devil-armory-cover-artwork-track-listing-unveiled/
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Now this is something I am truly awaiting - I am a huge Overkill fan. The most consistent thrash metal band around.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Well now, that is good news indeed. I love how they are able to put quality music out without a long wait between releases. Can't wait for it !  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Yay!! Always room for new Overkill on my shelf.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Face melting thrash. Boo. Ya.

"The new record has a blend of what we've done over the past half decade. I'm noticing it's a more punchy heavy metal record with more dimension than the last record had."

Interesting how he refers to Electric Age as two-dimensional. I kind of see where he's going with it but I thought songs like Black Daze and Drop the Hammer Down had some transcendent, multi-layered moments to them. But hey, if this one is gonna top that album, we're in for a treat.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:48 am

Amazing news I love overkill

These guys are on fire

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:54 am

Sounds like they went back into maybe a more groove direction the way he describes it.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 am

mc666 wrote:
Sounds like they went back into maybe a more groove direction the way he describes it.

That's what I was thinking, and I'd be completely okay with it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm expecting a solid release, but nothing that wins the band any new fans.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040101142628/http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/infernalcombustion/news.aspx?newsitemID=33
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 am

Overkill has TONS of new fans. The new wave of thrash metal sort of gave all those old bands a whole new fan base they might not have otherwise have had. Last time I saw Overkill I was surprised at how young the crowd was. Usually at shows I enjoy it's a bunch of old fogies like myself there, not young bucks.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Overkill has TONS of new fans. The new wave of thrash metal sort of gave all those old bands a whole new fan base they might not have otherwise have had. Last time I saw Overkill I was surprised at how young the crowd was. Usually at shows I enjoy it's a bunch of old fogies like myself there, not young bucks.

Good point; I noticed the same thing at a Death Angel show. LOTS of high schoolers (it was all ages for a couple unforeseen reasons) that are actually thrash fans. In fact, there's a new local act playing decent old school thrash--and they're no older than 17.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:

They had a pretty good mix when I saw them recently too
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Great news. Okay, maybe they have a lot of new fans but i also hope they will buy OVERKILL albums. The last álbum THE ELECTRIC AGE sold only 6.500 the first week of reléase, in the USA. I dont think thats a lot for a big country like the USA.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:34 pm

krokus wrote:
Great news. Okay, maybe they have a lot of new fans but i also hope they will buy OVERKILL albums. The last álbum THE ELECTRIC AGE sold only 6.500 the first week of reléase, in the USA. I dont think thats a lot for a big country like the USA.

The downside of a younger audience is that half of them have never bought a CD in their lives!  lol! 

But if it brings more people to the gigs then it has to be good for the band.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
krokus wrote:

The downside of a younger audience is that half of them have never bought a CD in their lives!  lol! 

But if it brings more people to the gigs then it has to be good for the band.  Smile 

Yes, that true, at least they are going to the shows and maybe buy some tshirts, posters etc.., that a good thing for the bands too. At least they make money to keep making more cd´s for people like on this fórum  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm looking forward to the album. Overkill rules! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:32 am

Yep, hanging out for the new release too.   headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Prong/Overkill tour this fall! Here are the dates:

09/10 West Hollywood, CA – The Viper Room
09/11 Las Vegas, NV – LVCS
09/12 Anaheim, CA – City National Grove Of Anaheim
09/13 Tempe, AZ – Club Red / Red Owl
09/14 Albuquerque, NM – Launch pad
09/15 Oklahoma City, OK – The Chameleon Room
09/16 San Antonio, TX – Backstage Live
09/17 Houston, TX – Scout Bar
09/19 Merriam, KS – Aftershock
09/22 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre & Ballroom
09/23 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
09/25 Philadelphia, PA – Trocadero Theatre
09/26 Hartford, CT – Webster Theater
09/27 Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom
09/28 Worcester, MA – Palladium
09/29 Albany, NY – Bogies
09/30 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
10/01 Springfield, VA – Empire
10/02 Pittsburgh, PA – Smiling Moose
10/03 Westland, MI – The Token Lounge
10/04 Kokomo, IN – Centerstage Bar & Grill
10/05 Louisville, KY – Diamond Pub & Billiards
10/07 Denver, CO – Bluebird Theater
10/09 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
10/10 Vancouver, BC – Rickshaw Theatre
10/11 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre
10/12 Boise, ID – The Shredder
10/13 San Francisco, CA – Thee Parkside
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Overkill and Prong...damn, that's like my senior year of college all over again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

The Pittsburgh show is at a venue that has a capacity of 200?!! I have to believe there are more than 200 people that would go to this show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The Pittsburgh show is at a venue that has a capacity of 200?!!  I have to believe there are more than 200 people that would go to this show.  

I was just going to comment on a few of these venues. Overkill should be playing to thousands of people. It really blows my mind how so many great metal acts have to stick with playing these small venues in the US. Granted it is great for those who come, I just feel these bands deserve better!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Where in the hell is this place ? I've never even heard of it. Regardless, I'd love to go !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:23 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Where in the hell is this place ? I've never even heard of it. Regardless, I'd love to go !

East Carson St. I have never been there myself, but my understanding is that it's a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bar/venue/sportsbar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill details announced!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next