Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill details announced!

Go down 
+27
akeldama
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
glassprison
Lurideath
Thrasher73
choosemetal
Temple of Blood
MetallicSeminarian
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
Grimmo
Required Fields
Boris2008
krokus
MoonChild
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Lari
mc666
Gilbert
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
BillRoxx
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm

As usual, it's an LA/Frisco affair and I'm stuck in between without the funds to go. Would love to see both bands...

Hey, Painkiller is back.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

10/02 Pittsburgh, PA – Smiling Moose

Where in the hell is this place ? I've never even heard of it. Regardless, I'd love to go !

East Carson St.  I have never been there myself, but my understanding is that it's a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bar/venue/sportsbar.  

Oh....a few years back they played at the Rex Theater on E Carson. But only 200 seats at the Smiling Moose? That seems rather small.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:22 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

10/02 Pittsburgh, PA – Smiling Moose

Where in the hell is this place ? I've never even heard of it. Regardless, I'd love to go !

East Carson St.  I have never been there myself, but my understanding is that it's a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal bar/venue/sportsbar.  

Oh....a few years back they played at the Rex Theater on E Carson. But only 200 seats at the Smiling Moose? That seems rather small.

Maybe they'll move it to the Rex if they sell enough tickets.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:52 am

Witchfinder wrote:
The Pittsburgh show is at a venue that has a capacity of 200?!!  I have to believe there are more than 200 people that would go to this show.  

Quote :
09/25 Philadelphia, PA – Trocadero Theatre

That place holds 1200, but sadly, I'd be surprised if they got half or a third of that. Shame, cause it's a great venue. Kids just don't support live music like they used too. And us old folks have other commitments and excuses.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Overkill has released their tourdates and it appears that earlier list with Prong is actually mostly Prong dates. Here's the new list:

AUGUST 2014

9 – Heavy Montreal Festival – Montreal – CA

SEPTEMBER 2014

11 – Empire – Springfield – VA
12 – Masquerade – Atlanta – GA
13 – Orpheum – Tampa – FL
15 – Chameleon Room – Oklahoma City – OK
16 – Scout Bar – Houston – TX
17 – Backstage Live – San Antonio – TX
18 – Trees – Dallas – TX
20 – Rave – Milwaukee – WI
21 – Mojoes – Chicago – IL
22 – Agora – Cleveland – OH
23 – Opera House – Toronto – CA
24 – Imperial – Quebec City – CA
25 – Trocadero – Philadelphia – PA
26 – Webster Theater – Hartford – CT
27 – Starland Ballroom – Sayerville – NJ

They have no US dates listed in October yet. So it's possible that this is the entirety of the tour in the States.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:10 am

Still nowhere near me. Sheesh.

Apparently they've filmed a few music videos, which I'm happy to hear. Really hoping for a soundbyte soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 am

I'd like to hear a clip from this soon. Wonder why nothing's been released?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:40 pm

HERE IT IS BOYS N GIRLS!!!  headbanger 

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am

Sounds great!  Can't wait for this one.  Less than a month left!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:36 am

I'll probably pick this up eventually. I really like Overkill, but I think their peak was the early stuff. What I've listened to after Horrorscope didn't do as much for me as the "classics." That being said, everything I've heard from them has been at least very good and they get my vote for thrash's most consistent band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:09 am

Wooooooot! Bring it ON!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:07 am

I'm hearing old school, like "F*ck You," which is a great thing. Sounds like DD's bringing his old bass sound back...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 am

It's decent, I won't be picking it up though. I've got the first four by Overkill and have never really felt the urge to expand on that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

Boris2008 wrote:
It's decent, I won't be picking it up though. I've got the first four by Overkill and have never really felt the urge to expand on that.

You didn't like Horrorscope?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am

I've liked everything I've heard by them to some extent, but i wouldn't go overboard over it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Pretty boring new track. Did this take 5 minutes to write and record?

I guess they are settling for being "consistent" and "solid" over "exceptional".
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Very good ! Just about what I expected from them.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Yah, I found the track very boring. I agree with Temple of blood, and Boris2008
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:58 am

Interesting facebook post from the band today:

"Mixed reviews on the "Armorist" song but it's great to see that the majority of the people are loving and digging it!Unfortunately it is impossible to please everyone, and it will always be like that no matter what!"

My buddy, an Overkill fan (but only a few select albums like WFO) didn't care for it either. He didn't say why.

I like it but I hope for better on the new album. It's nice and punky.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Nice song. Awaiting the album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Music video for Armorist; we're supposed to get a couple others over time:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Quote :
"Mixed reviews on the "Armorist" song but it's great to see that the majority of the people are loving and digging it!Unfortunately it is impossible to please everyone, and it will always be like that no matter what!"

I'm usually a Kill fanboy but I thought the track was pretty "meh." Not bad but probably not the best choice for a leadoff single. I'm sure there will be others on the record that will smoke it though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I'm usually a Kill fanboy but I thought the track was pretty "meh." Not bad but probably not the best choice for a leadoff single. I'm sure there will be others on the record that will smoke it though.

I'm thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:47 am

Sounded thrashier than I was expecting.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:52 am

I think the song sounds good.Looking forward to the new album.It may not be exceptional as some has mentioned but it's still better than 99 percent of what's being released nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill details announced!   New Overkill details announced! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill details announced!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next